ADVERTISEMENT

Cael's comments about Jimmy Gulibon

amalone

Oct 12, 2005
"He's extremely committed and dedicated," head coach Cael Sanderson said. "He's a guy that won't eat a 'Cheeto', even in the summer. He has incredible ability and he's as fast as anyone I've ever coached, but speed alone won't win. It would be great to see Jimmy finish the season on a strong note, and be happy and get up on the podium real high. It makes me smile just thinking about it, I'd just love to see him finish strong."

"If Jimmie's scoring points at Nationals, we're going to be hard to beat."

Love Cael's comments and I hope Jimmie knows how much Cael wants his success also. Would love to see Jimmie do some incredible wrestling at Nationals and leave no critic with words in his mouth.

"He's extremely committed and dedicated," head coach Cael Sanderson said. "He's a guy that won't eat a 'Cheeto', even in the summer. He has incredible ability and he's as fast as anyone I've ever coached, but speed alone won't win. It would be great to see Jimmy finish the season on a strong note, and be happy and get up on the podium real high. It makes me smile just thinking about it, I'd just love to see him finish strong."

"If Jimmie's scoring points at Nationals, we're going to be hard to beat."

Love Cael's comments and I hope Jimmie knows how much Cael wants his success also. Would love to see Jimmie do some incredible wrestling at Nationals and leave no critic with words in his mouth.
Jimmy G is going to be very hard to beat by anyone now....He is on a MISSION big time....Can't wait till he beat Hail next time around....He is getting ready for Anthony now....Looks outstanding from what many others have seen....He knows he got ripped off really bad in points and having Hail pinned twice...Hope another guys holds on like that when he shots again....Jimmy has something for them....

I'm gonna miss Jimmy. I've watched him wrestle since Jr. High and he's shown nothing but class and respect for the sport. No matter what happens, he's a winner in my book.
When he was a 4 time state champion in PA... he was a winner... When he got a free education to Penn State University... he was a winner... when he made the starting roster for 4 years as a Penn State wrestler... he's was a winner.

Highlights to Jimmie's career... Pinning Gary Wayne Harding at Oklahoma State, beating Cory Clark in the dual at the BJC on a late 3rd period take down that electrified the place, being an All-American in 2015, beating Micah Jordan in the Big Tens in 2016 in the opening round when few believed he could and making it to the Big Ten finals last year. Being on 2 and maybe 3 National Championship teams. That's a winner.

Last edited:
I know how it sounds, but my expectation is that Saturday night at NCAAs is a Penn State Dual. I still think that there could be 7 Penn Staters in the semi-finals. Sure, I'm a homer, but I feel like this team is primed for a big showing in St. Louis. The public at large seems to have gone cold on Penn State.

I hear numerous podcasts questioning if Zain is Zain in fact, I think Tommy Rowlands said "Zain is bored". People cooled off on Mark when he lost to Meyer and with Jimmys track record, it's almost like people are waiting for Jimmy to crack. Jimmy will be, to a somewhat lesser degree, this years Bryan Pearsall or James English. The only difference is, if Jimmy goes off, the writing will have been on the wall. I agree if Jimmy is scoring points at nationals the question then becomes, "How far can Penn State run away with this?"

I'm surprised that none of the ranking folks (Flo, Intermat and TOM) bumped Jimmy up in their latest rankings. I admit I haven't watched some of the higher-ranked kids (Eierman, DiCamillo, Meredith, Ward) wrestle this season, but given how Jimmy finished the season, including his performance against Heil, I would have expected to see him a little higher than the 10-13 range.

When he was a 4 time state champion in PA... he was a winner... When he got a free education to Penn State University... he was a winner... when he made the starting roster for 4 years as a Penn State wrestler... he's was a winner.

Highlights to Jimmie's career... Pinning Gary Wayne Harding at Oklahoma State, beating Cory Clark in the dual at the BJC on a late 3rd period take down that electrified the place, being an All-American in 2015, beating Micah Jordan in the Big Tens in 2016 in the opening round when few believed he could and making it to the Big Ten finals last year. Being on 2 and maybe 3 National Championship teams. That's a winner.
you forgot pinning Dean Heil at OkState ;)

I'm surprised that none of the ranking folks (Flo, Intermat and TOM) bumped Jimmy up in their latest rankings. I admit I haven't watched some of the higher-ranked kids (Eierman, DiCamillo, Meredith, Ward) wrestle this season, but given how Jimmy finished the season, including his performance against Heil, I would have expected to see him a little higher than the 10-13 range.
I really don't think it matters where Jimmy gets ranked the way he is wrestling. He is the guy nobody wants in their bracket.

Reactions: Hotshoe and royboy

My post may have seemed a bit demeaning. I wanted to go on record right now and let everyone know what I think of him no matter how he performs this post season. You know damn well if he has a couple poor performances that the haters will be out in full force. And God forbid if we'd lose a championship by a few points. There are people that will call him out and point the finger directly his way. It will be non stop for weeks. Jimmy has already done great things. He may need to prove some things to himself but he doesn't need to prove anything to any of us. He's the man! He's a winner!!

Reactions: kingslayer_85
The double secret pination. To become a minor footnote should Jimmy exceed Heil at nationals.
somewhat related....I seem to remember Jimmy lost to Heil in a HS Christmas tournament....pinned even?

anybody have the specifics? Has he ever beaten Heil?

somewhat related....I seem to remember Jimmy lost to Heil in a HS Christmas tournament....pinned even?

Moss beat Heil once! Start Moss!!

/November

Last edited:
It won't be Jimmy looking at the brackets and hoping. It will be everyone else looking at the brackets and hoping they don't see Jimmy in theirs.

Believe that.

Take a look at how Jim Gibbons takes Randy Lewis down, in a similar situation to what Jimmy had vs Heil...

Notice WHEN the takedown was called. Early in the match is when it comes.

I'll stop short of saying it was fluky. Just going from memory, I think Jimmy was caught off balance on a half shot and actually kind of stumbled. Heil took him down straight to backs then a pin. It wasn't like Jimmy was rode and turned and pinned.

p.s. In my book, he beat Heil Sunday :)

Last edited:
Intermat has him at 10 and
I'll stop short of saying it was fluky. Just going from memory, I think Jimmy was caught off balance on a half shot and actually kind of stumbled. Heil took him down straight to backs then a pin. It wasn't like Jimmy was rode and turned and pinned.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT