ADVERTISEMENT

Can someone provide an accurate Cassar update

Brown spent his freshman year behind Ruth, wrestling almost exclusively in tournaments at 174. He wrestled in 5 duals -- 3 at 174 (including the road trip to Utah Valley State) + 2 at 197 as an emergency injury fill-in for Smack.

Here is his match list for the year: http://www.nwcaonline.com/nwcaonline/results/ColScorebook/WrestlerInfo.aspx?SchoolYear=2012&ID=46150
Jammen trumpeted Storley being an AA one more time than Brown in his regular run downs of the "Big 4" at 174 in Matt's senior year. Of course conveniently ignoring the fact that Minn had no Ruth blocking Storley. Looks like he also ignored Matt's win against Storley as well in his sit-out year.

His talking point finally totally crumbled when Matt won the NC.

Jammen trumpeted Storley being an AA one more time than Brown in his regular run downs of the "Big 4" at 174 in Matt's senior year. Of course conveniently ignoring the fact that Minn had no Ruth blocking Storley. Looks like he also ignored Matt's win against Storley as well in his sit-out year.

His talking point finally totally crumbled when Matt won the NC.
AAs/individual titles not as important as duals "title."

Also, link or it didn't happen.

Reactions: Chickenman Testa
That's Zilverberg -- Z as in zzzzzzzzzzzz... sorry, fell asleep there.

Yes, that's what he meant. Last year Nevills and Snyder did not have enough matches to earn auto-qualifying spots for the B10. Didn't matter for Snyder. Did matter for Nevills.

Thanks. Qualify big 10 spot for nationals. I am just a little slow on the uptake sometimes, kept reading instead of thinking!

Two wrestlers who reach the round of 12 are probably going to earn about 9-12 team points ... total. One wrestler who finishes 3rd or 4th can score around 13-16 team points.

I would go all in with the winner of wrestle-offs at 184 and hope he can go deep. At 197 I'd go with next man up.

I agree with the best man to go at 184. However, that may not be easy to determine. Hopefully both can go at the NLO and Scuffle to help decide.

Two wrestlers who reach the round of 12 are probably going to earn about 9-12 team points ... total. One wrestler who finishes 3rd or 4th can score around 13-16 team points.

I would go all in with the winner of wrestle-offs at 184 and hope he can go deep. At 197 I'd go with next man up.
Not sure I understand your point references, though your premise is clear (and I agree)...that one AA will out-score 2 non-AA's. Two R12 guys will only score 4 points combined, and must win 3 matches or so to do that, and with a Major or two along the way, probably max out at 6 points. Even a single 6th Place AA will earn 9 Points plus Bonus...so a coach with any sense about them (Cael is VERY astute here!!) will do exactly as you say, and try to maximize points.

I hate to say it but I'd be surprised if Cassar can recover and stay healthy next year. This has all the warning signs of a career ending situation. Really hope I'm wrong here but I suspect the coaches will be making decisions based on this viewpoint as well. As the saying goes, hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

No. That's a very pessimistic outlook

A real shame for AC......clearly he has embraced the work required to become a top wrestler. Prayers for a complete healing.

As for the team, lots of moving parts and plenty of things could happen. It has been discussed here previously, but Bo could go to 184, Hall could go 174 and everyone else could battle for 97. I heard the Bo to go up talk well before the events of this past weekend.

Manage the slush fund and everything will work out;)

Do we need to book a cruise liner from Rutgers to PSU? Do they even have any cruise liner worthy 197 pounders?

It should be noted that in regard to Andrew, it wasn't just the shoulder, there was some kind of problem with gassing, and sorry, but that was not ALL on the shoulder. I still say it was psychological, but I suppose we'll never know.

Do we need to book a cruise liner from Rutgers to PSU? Do they even have any cruise liner worthy 197 pounders?
The Rutgers cruise liner only goes in the other direction.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT