ADVERTISEMENT

Can we finally agree Franklin is a Fraud

James Franklin

James Franklin, the head coach of the Penn State Nittany Lions, has a contract that guarantees him an annual compensation of $7 million from 2022 through 2031123. This includes a yearly base salary of $7 million, retention bonuses of $500,000 each year, and a $1 million annual loan for life insurance4. The total value of his contract, signed in late 2021, is $82,500,000, as long as he stays in town2. This does not include performance incentives2. If Penn State fires him without cause, the university will owe him every penny he is owed for the remainder of his deal in base salary, supplemental pay, and life insurance loan2. With nine years left on his contract, that means Franklin is guaranteed a total of $76,500,000 if he is fired today2.
I am making Pat Kraft the following offer: Keep Franklin ostensibly as the "Head Coach", but put aside $1,2000,000 of his annual salary. Hire me as a "subcontractor" to be the game day head coach and pay me $100,000 per game. I would gave won probably another ten or so winnable games during Franklins tenure with my game day decisions. I'll leave the recruiting and blabbering to Franklin...

Someday you will, at this point not sure what it would take. He is the worst game day coach in America and its not close. His poor decision making was bailed out today. By losing by 9...but he is a horrible coach when it matters....which equals FRAUD
Good luck with that. Baron is old school “Good enough” with JF.

Very true. A name I hadn’t thought about in a long time.

All Franklin need to do it start his post game press conference by saying ‘it all starts with me…’. ;)
This was even richer. He said nothing about himself. He said the analytics told him to go for 2.

Is this like the hurricane model? Noah? European? Which analytical model is he using?

This was even richer. He said nothing about himself. He said the analytics told him to go for 2.

Is this like the hurricane model? Noah? European? Which analytical model is he using?

Maybe he should learn about analytics before he uses them.

Reactions: LandoComando

The rock paper scissors model?

Last edited:
I’ve been saying this seemingly forever. I watch other games and do not see anyone, nobody have as much problem sustaining drives like PSU. Going 3 and out all game long is a thing of the past just about everywhere else , and it doesn’t matter who is calling our plays or who the qb is. Same crap every year
Exactly. Wyoming has a more dynamic and effective offense than Penn St does at times. That should never happen.

I am making Pat Kraft the following offer: Keep Franklin ostensibly as the "Head Coach", but put aside $1,2000,000 of his annual salary. Hire me as a "subcontractor" to be the game day head coach and pay me $100,000 per game. I would gave won probably another ten or so winnable games during Franklins tenure with my game day decisions. I'll leave the recruiting and blabbering to Franklin...
No, you wouldn’t have.

Not so much retarded as he just suffers brain lock under pressure. So many of these gaffs come when TIMELY decisions have to be made. He would be better served to take time outs in critical situations rather than make STUPID f**king game changing errors.
I think what it is for Franklin is we look at these situations thinking what happens if we don’t make it…Franklin makes these decisions thinking we’re going to make it. That often leads to poor decisions when they don’t make it.

I think what it is for Franklin is we look at these situations thinking what happens if we don’t make it…Franklin makes these decisions thinking we’re going to make it. That often leads to poor decisions when they don’t make it.
He went for 4th and 6 yesterday. In what universe would any sane person think we're making that?

Decisions aren't judged on the result. They're determined by was it the right decision regardless of the outcome. 14-9 in the first half of a low scoring game you kick the XP every time. Decisions like that is why Harsin failed at Auburn. You trust your elite defense to get a stop instead of going for 4th & 6. We all knew when the offense took the field the game was over. He makes emotional decisions time after time.

Franklin not accepting blame directly for the 2nd 2 point mathematics error is absolutely unacceptable. We haven’t always agreed with Dave Jones, but at least he had the stones to challenge his answer on that blunder. He’s a recruiter not a game day coach and it shows in almost every big game.

After ten years of poor performance, you’d expect a wholesale change in football philosophy, blocking schemes, play calling, game management to stop doing the same things that aren’t making you successful, but yet it’s always more of the same. This coach can’t put all three phases of the game together in a big game and it’s time for us to find a way out for him.

Yes, it is the coaching IMO.

It’s been a decade. 10 flippin’ years and this is the result, (with multiple players/ OCs/DCs etc)-

1-9 vs Ohio State
3-7 vs Michigan
4-5 vs Michigan State

8-21 overall against the top 3 teams in the BT east.

Not even averaging 1 win a year against those 3. There needs to be a serious attitude and expectation change in the program.
I wouldn't even include MSU in the equation. There were some really BAD MSU teams among those 4 wins. Even the Michigan wins came against less than vintage Michigan teams. Have any of the 3 Michigan wins came against a good , not even saying elite, Michigan teams? As for the 1 win against OSU, we all know how that happened.

Reactions: beachouse
He went for 4th and 6 yesterday. In what universe would any sane person think we're making that?

Decisions aren't judged on the result. They're determined by was it the right decision regardless of the outcome. 14-9 in the first half of a low scoring game you kick the XP every time. Decisions like that is why Harsin failed at Auburn. You trust your elite defense to get a stop instead of going for 4th & 6. We all knew when the offense took the field the game was over. He makes emotional decisions time after time.
Yes, yes, yes! He talked about points being a premium and then leaves points on the field while giving the opposition the ball in easy FG (at minimum) territory in a one score game with your defense playing lights out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT