ADVERTISEMENT

Carter officially returning!

backdrft76

Gold Member
Sep 7, 2012
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: danoftw
Chael Sonnen claimed today that Carter has been offered $400k just to show up in the NCAA post season in 2025. He doesn't say who made the offer.

@4:15

(I shut him off after he said JB was not a bad sport)
You need to read between the lines. He said $400k for Carter to just show up. What he meant is "just show up, but don't weigh in." That is obviously bribe money coming from Slumlord Bob.

$400k is a boatload of money to turn down

He gets access to the best facilities to workout - BONUS
He gets access to the best recovery team - BONUS
The opportunity to be THEE only 5 time NCAA champion - LEGENDARY STATUS

He has to attend classes: YUCK
He still gets the first two by training at NLWC for freestyle and forsaking college wrestling.

Reactions: bourbon n blues
$400k is a boatload of money to turn down

He gets access to the best facilities to workout - BONUS
He gets access to the best recovery team - BONUS
The opportunity to be THEE only 5 time NCAA champion - LEGENDARY STATUS

I am hoping he has or soon will have his BS, so take a singular grad course.

Reactions: bourbon n blues
I can’t speak for people in other majors but when I got to my senior level engineering classes, they were super interesting. No problem getting motivated to attend classes and I aced everything. Knowing what I know now, it would have been really cool to do grad work and spend my spare time wrestling.

From a horsepower perspective, Carter was equal with Hidlay after attempting to make 162 (Carter got to 166-167 per his own words) a week before and also holding 175-180 all year then with a bum knee? After fixing the knee, adding muscle and being on full feed?

And yes, I was worried about him being small at 197 at first but not anymore.

Carter can enroll in any of the online graduate programs below:

Sign up for an intro class (or whatever the minimum is) and then drop out after NCAAs at least $450K richer (not counting other endorsements he can get himself)

From a horsepower perspective, Carter was equal with Hidlay after attempting to make 162 (Carter got to 166-167 per his own words) a week before and also holding 175-180 all year then with a bum knee? After fixing the knee, adding muscle and being on full feed?

And yes, I was worried about him being small at 197 at first but not anymore.
Unless AJ comes back AND is in prime form, who would have a chance to keep it interesting vs a healthy and stronger Carter at 197?

Reactions: creamery freak
I feel like Carter won't have a hard cut to make 184. What do we really think he walks around at?

Unless AJ comes back AND is in prime form, who would have a chance to keep it interesting vs a healthy and stronger Carter at 197?
The only sad part about Ferrari not being able to behave himself and work his way into the Hawk lineup is we missed the ass stomping AB would have delivered. Carter with a different style than AB won't ass stomp Ferrari, but the idea Ferrari (even trained and in shape) could be competitive with a bulked up Carter is humerous.

And JB’s lunch.
Come on. You can't actually believe Carter will do anything for the sport of wrestling that JB has. JB turned around USA Wrestling while making it possible for these guys to become true professional wrestlers. Carter is a hell of a wrestler, but he'll never be JB internationally.

Come on. You can't actually believe Carter will do anything for the sport of wrestling that JB has. JB turned around USA Wrestling while making it possible for these guys to become true professional wrestlers. Carter is a hell of a wrestler, but he'll never be JB internationally.
You do realize that's not what he said, right?

Ok Nostradamus. Tell me…did you predict JB doing what he did internationally after his Senior year at Nebraska? I’m Im sure many were laughing at any comparisons with JB to John Smith at that time. Quite silly to write someone off before he even graduates.

At least Carter would demonstrate a lot more humility and self awareness on his journey! ;-)

Since AJ came up.

Shouldn't an Oly RS be judged null and void if the wrestler makes no attempts to qualify for the Olympics?

I know it's not, but maybe the NCAA will look into it in the future.

Since AJ came up.

Shouldn't an Oly RS be judged null and void if the wrestler makes no attempts to qualify for the Olympics?

Not sure what's more ridiculous:

1. AJ saving a year of college eligibility (even though he was not wrestling because he is in trouble) due to a 6 year old Cadet medal

2. PD3 being allowed to enter trials on a 5 year old team he made (because DT was hurt) and once again make a mockery of the sport

Not sure what's more ridiculous:

1. AJ saving a year of college eligibility (even though he was not wrestling because he is in trouble) due to a 6 year old Cadet medal

2. PD3 being allowed to enter trials on a 5 year old team he made (because DT was hurt) and once again make a mockery of the sport
Ferrari and Downey are both more ridiculous.

apparently, you don't know carter very well. he's driven, and if he decides free is the direction he wants to pursue,
he'll excel at it.

Reactions: District four
Since AJ came up.

I believe there has to be changes to the ORS system where if you don't at least qualify for the trials and show up, then the year counts. I get that you still could have guys like Facundo making a Quixotic chase for the Olympics on an ORS to save a year of eligibility because he was forced out of his starting spot, but at least he took freestyle seriously and made it to the trials.

Reactions: Ski
Downey at least wrestled.
It's a shame Downey always steps over the line as far as he does.. One step, 2 steps, nope I'mma head way over here. 1-2 steps over the line Downey is actually pretty funny and great to have around... Way over here Downey can just fade away..

I'm of the opposite mindset: the Olympic Redshirt is intended for long-term development of USA Wrestling, thru many candidates. Build a deeper pool.

If it overshoots by an occasional Ferrari, so what?

Besides, Ferrari won't be spending that extra year on an NCAA mat ... or if he somehow does, that extra year will be even less kind to him than it was to Eierman.

Carter is a hell of a wrestler, but he'll never be JB internationally.
Go buy a lotto ticket with that crystal ball.

JB was never going to be JB if you looked at his collegiate career.

I have no idea who will win more world and Olympic medals than JB, but I have little doubt we won't see it coming until maybe the half way point of a great freestyle career.

I believe there has to be changes to the ORS system where if you don't at least qualify for the trials and show up, then the year counts. I get that you still could have guys like Facundo making a Quixotic chase for the Olympics on an ORS to save a year of eligibility because he was forced out of his starting spot, but at least he took freestyle seriously and made it to the trials.
Injury?

Yeah, it might be in a federal or state prison. 😈
b2265971-9663-4fd7-a737-155a79fc87a0_text.gif

JB was one great wrestler but he did not turn US wrestling around that on the coaches he didn't make everyone better he was just that good!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT