ADVERTISEMENT

Carter's FLO video.....

billrag

Jan 25, 2011
Apparently just went up. He talked some about the trials and the problems with trying to cut, trying to heal and to wrestle at a high level. What may be more interesting is that he now says that he's MORE LIKELY THAN NOT returning (he says 60/40 in favor of returning). He also mentions that Cael mentioned the possibility of him bumping to 197 for next year. Hmmmmmmm.......

I never thought he would, but if he now says it’s 60/40 FOR returning, I gotta believe it’s happening. I mean, come on. With NIL, it’s like wrestling is your paid occupation, and this cat clearly loves wrestling AND State College. Wow, does 197 mean Carter v AJ? Would 184 mean Carter v Angelo? Excuse me while I hyperventilate.

Sure talked like a guy that’s interested and motivated in coming back. It hasn’t even been a month since the tournament ended.

Reactions: aalion
Apparently just went up. He talked some about the trials and the problems with trying to cut, trying to heal and to wrestle at a high level. What may be more interesting is that he now says that he's MORE LIKELY THAN NOT returning (he says 60/40 in favor of returning). He also mentions that Cael mentioned the possibility of him bumping to 197 for next year. Hmmmmmmm.......
I had an underlying feeling he would come back. Obviously for the wrestling piece but also because you can’t really talk to freshman girls anymore once you have moved on from the school

That’s gonna be some shaft. Why would Cael care what weight he wrestles at Iowa?

I never thought he would, but if he now says it’s 60/40 FOR returning, I gotta believe it’s happening. I mean, come on. With NIL, it’s like wrestling is your paid occupation, and this cat clearly loves wrestling AND State College. Wow, does 197 mean Carter v AJ? Would 184 mean Carter v Angelo? Excuse me while I hyperventilate.
Cael gave him a challenge. Go up two weights. Carter seemed to like that challenge.

If Carter does return .... there will be immense pressure obviously trying to be a 5 timer. Going 4/5 after going 4/4 would definitely be a huge letdown and he should go a weight he feels he can be successful. There is definitely less competition at 197 but have to imagine he's a decent bit undersized for that.

If Carter does return .... there will be immense pressure obviously trying to be a 5 timer. Going 4/5 after going 4/4 would definitely be a huge letdown and he should go a weight he feels he can be successful. There is definitely less competition at 197 but have to imagine he's a decent bit undersized for that.
He will be lightning fast to legs at that weight

Oh my God in Heaven above

125 Lilledahl
133 Nagao
141 Bartlett
149 Van Ness
157 Mesenbrink
165 Haines
174 Facundo
184 Barr
197 Starocci
285 Kerkvliet

The record is in deep trouble 😂

125 Lilledahl
133 Nagao
141 Bartlett
149 Van Ness
157 Mesenbrink
165 Haines
174 Facundo
184 Barr
197 Starocci
285 Kerkvliet

The record is in deep trouble 😂
All battling for titles. Cael is the one who suggested it. He knows what he’s doing. Carter would kill the 97 field. Has any champ gone up two weights in one yr and won?

Carter won a title with 1 hand, and won another with 1 leg. Being undersized will be a walk in the park.

Bo, Q, and Max had success as undersized 197-pounders.

All battling for titles. Cael is the one who suggested it. He knows what he’s doing. Carter would kill the 97 field. Has any champ gone up two weights in one yr and won?
Not a champ, but Nick Heflin went 174/5th in 2012, 174/5th in 2013, and then the #1 seed at 197 in 2014 -- lost in the finals to Cox on a takedown at the final buzzer that had to be reviewed to see if it beat the clock. Heflin mismanaged the end of that match and should've been the champ.

Carter is positive infinity better than Heflin, and there is no J'Den Cox in the field.

Not a champ, but Nick Heflin went 174/5th in 2012, 174/5th in 2013, and then the #1 seed at 197 in 2014 -- lost in the finals to Cox on a takedown at the final buzzer that had to be reviewed to see if it beat the clock. Heflin mismanaged the end of that match and should've been the champ.

Carter is positive infinity better than Heflin, and there is no J'Den Cox in the field.
97 is bare bones next year. Best wrestler returning is Buchanan from OU. Other AAs include Beard, Elam, Cardenas, and Little. Won’t be much of a challenge for a wrestler of carters status.

While weighing 190 or so, Carter could beat anyone outside the Top 5 next year without being threatened too much.

Curious to see the gas tank and relentlessness on a full feed and healthy Starocci if he decides to return.

Jordan Oliver moved from a 2nd at 133 in 2012 to a 1st at 149 in 2013.
"2nd"
FPc7BQ0XwAsjn12

125 Lilledahl
133 Nagao
141 Bartlett
149 Van Ness
157 Mesenbrink
165 Haines
174 Facundo
184 Barr
197 Starocci
285 Kerkvliet

The record is in deep trouble 😂.
Speechless. Cael no longer has any competition so he is competing with possibility itself. Can I have every weight at the Olympics ? Can I create a more impressive team than last year? Still don’t know how you can top two 4 timers and winning by 100 points. 10 kids in the finals?

Cael sees several more notches on the bar! Everyday is about getting better. He does want to absolutely dominate next year and win it breaking records in Philly!

Imagine what he would do with the World and Olympic teams? Move the Olympic operations to HV because this is his kingdom.

This weekend will be a NLWC promotional tool like no other. This is where the national team is and needs to operate out of.

Reactions: Ski and ccdiver
After watching the interview it sounds more like 99% he coming back. What sold it for me is when he talked about his dad being pumped to hit the weights and get strong.

Carter has always talked about how much he looks up to his dad. Then top it with a challenge from Cael to go up two weights.

Look out 197 next year, you’re going to see a monster at the weight.

If Kerk comes back (which I expect him to), another scoring record goes down.

Jordan Oliver moved from a 2nd at 133 in 2012 to a 1st at 149 in 2013.
According to the record books Jordan took 2nd.
My eyes said he should of had first.
I wonder if anyone dug the silver medal out of the garbage can. Steiber should of grabbed it so he had the one that he deserved .😏

Last edited:
Reactions: Ski and jack66
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT