ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting CB Brandon Finney commits to Oregon

Dylan Callaghan-Croley

Staff
Jun 14, 2020
Alright. So, first this was a recruitment that up until maybe 4:00 p.m. (?) whenever my first message was on here about it in Richie's one thread, we felt good about Penn State's chances. The Nittany Lions were without a doubt the leader in everyone's minds last night. Oregon had a really good official visit, no surprise, but it sounds like that a late push came late last night or early today and it flipped this recruitment on its head. With that our initial FutureCast was incorrect and it obviously changed fast but that's just recruiting in today's era of college football. I haven't been able to confirm yet but I'd be very surprised if NIL didn't play a notable factor in this recruitment and I spoke to someone with knowledge of the Ducks' recruiting and they agree that a late NIL push seems likely here as the Ducks missed on several DB targets recently. That being said, I hope we continued to gain everyone's trust as we kept everyone informed as things were changing this afternoon. We take this very serious and honestly, when I'm wrong I take it personally. That being said, I'm not sure there's anything Penn State could've done in this one that they didn't do. Oregon does this to seemingly everyone, if they want a recruit, I'm not sure anyone can really outbid them.

So I'm sorry that our read on this recruitment this morning was wrong but I always think we've proven that we also are very much in the know when it comes to these things and work diligently to get the most up to date information for you guys.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News