ADVERTISEMENT

CDT looking for PSU football writer

"The Centre Daily Times seeks a multimedia-savvy reporter with one main mission: to deliver the best Penn State football coverage available"

Interesting. At least the CDT is finally going to attempt to offer the best Penn State football coverage available. I would seriously apply for the job if I met their basic qualifications. I've never been a sports reporter.

This post was edited on 4/3 5:08 PM by NittPicker

There are many here who write a good game summary and would blow somebody like Heather Dinich (for example) out of the water. As an added bonus, they wouldn't try to make their bones by constantly ripping the team, coaches, and fans.

Pitt/Ohio State grads/fans preferred.

If you're in the tank for Karen Peetz, or have a shrine to John Surma in your home, or worked in press relations for Uncle Kenny, then so much the better.

Got to laught at their half a million website hits per month claim

They may get the clicks, but you can't read the site if you don't pay 99 cents a day after you try to read your 5th article of the month. Definitely backdating that data when they turned themselves into the sandusky daily times. Now they provide nothing, except old, outdated news to the old people of state college. Of their "17,000" paper circulation, 2,500 go to penn state where they go unread in a quid pro quo, paid for by students who don't want it in exchange for minimal disparaging reports about penn state in the CDT.

funny you use the words 'blow' and 'heather dinich' together because that has to be how she got her job. I know that she wasn't a very good reporter 10 years ago while working for the Wash Post. She also was a little too personal when interviewing some of the HS boys, giving them her cell #...

I'd highly recommend David Jones of Sarah Ganim...

One his been Full of $hit for years and the other won a FullofShits prize!

Re: Got to laught at their half a million website hits per month claim

Originally posted by dwiz:
They may get the clicks, but you can't read the site if you don't pay 99 cents a day after you try to read your 5th article of the month. Definitely backdating that data when they turned themselves into the sandusky daily times. Now they provide nothing, except old, outdated news to the old people of state college. Of their "17,000" paper circulation, 2,500 go to penn state where they go unread in a quid pro quo, paid for by students who don't want it in exchange for minimal disparaging reports about penn state in the CDT.
Depending on what browser you are using, go into privacy mode on IE or incognito on Chrome and you can have unlimited access to articles, or the ability to post comments.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT