ADVERTISEMENT

CFB 128: Official NCAA Power Rankings Week Two

I see Rutgers rated inordinately high (No. 40) in the linked ranking. They beat Norfolk State and lost at home to Wazzu. I am not seeing it. Methinks you are right, Gambit and 87.

Reactions: fairgambit
He's pimping a web site that no one has ever heard of. Being a pimp is actually worse then being a troll. Next week we'll see post #2. Got to be a terrible way to make a living.

He's pimping a web site that no one has ever heard of. Being a pimp is actually worse then being a troll. Next week we'll see post #2. Got to be a terrible way to make a living.

It's not an unknown website by any stretch of the imagination. He may be a troll and, who knows, he may actually be a pimp. But nothing wrong with that website.

I also think Auburn and Northwestern are ranked a bit high in this list.

It's not an unknown website by any stretch of the imagination. He may be a troll and, who knows, he may actually be a pimp. But nothing wrong with that website.

Nothing wrong with the site, perhaps, but a lot wrong with the rankings. For example, how do they justify not just ranking Rutgers above a team that beat them, but 64 spots ahead? Is "Sportales" a foreign word meaning "deluded Rutgers fan"? At least they had Bowling Green slightly ahead of UMd, and Toledo above Arkansas.

Of course, the clincher is ND at #5, and only partly because I can't stand them. Yes, I know it's "power rankings", which make little sense to begin with, but if you're going to come up with your own "official NCAA" list (which should be a dead giveaway) at least try not to embarrass yourself.

Nothing wrong with the site, perhaps, but a lot wrong with the rankings. For example, how do they justify not just ranking Rutgers above a team that beat them, but 64 spots ahead? Is "Sportales" a foreign word meaning "deluded Rutgers fan"? At least they had Bowling Green slightly ahead of UMd, and Toledo above Arkansas.

Of course, the clincher is ND at #5, and only partly because I can't stand them. Yes, I know it's "power rankings", which make little sense to begin with, but if you're going to come up with your own "official NCAA" list (which should be a dead giveaway) at least try not to embarrass yourself.

I'm not a ND fan either, though gotta give them credit for pulling out a W with their back-up QB. Big game with Georgia Tech this weekend.

Virtually every ranking has a lot of ridiculousness built into them this time of year. Every week SHOULD BE less laughable.....but that's not always the case. Some rankings NEVER get close to getting it right.

Hey! It says it's
Official
so we gotta believe it. After the top 30 this Poll makes no sense at all (ND at 5 makes no sense either)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT