ADVERTISEMENT

Champaign Trip

Thanks!! I really enjoy these. Well researched and well written! Memorial Stadium looks like a great facility.

The last (and only time) I visited the campus and stadium was in the early 80's before the stadium modernization. Love those classic 20's - 30's stadiums. They were designed to look like a building with masonry façade and classical ornamentation.

I was visiting to attend a conference in the middle of winter. Between sessions I walked out to the stadium and I have never been colder. Not sure what the wind chill was, but when I breathed my nostrils felt like they were freezing.

Reactions: Wandering Spectator
Thanks!! I really enjoy these. Well researched and well written! Memorial Stadium looks like a great facility.

The last (and only time) I visited the campus and stadium was in the early 80's before the stadium modernization. Love those classic 20's - 30's stadiums. They were designed to look like a building with masonry façade and classical ornamentation.

I was visiting to attend a conference in the middle of winter. Between sessions I walked out to the stadium and I have never been colder. Not sure what the wind chill was, but when I breathed my nostrils felt like they were freezing.
Thanks. Glad you enjoy. I need to do more research before I visit. I didn’t know about of few things like the columns and other memorials around the stadium that I wish I captured.

Reactions: mhlarch
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT