ADVERTISEMENT

Chip Kelly

redrockgrizzly

Jun 4, 2007
I just heard that Chip Kelly wants to trade Pats and Geno's to Seattle for a Starbucks.

Seriously, What is he doing to the Eagles.

I believe that he's heard too many people say ...

he's a genius .... and he believes them. Fact is I'm afraid he's not that smart and the league will crush him.

1ba2uag.jpg

I'm anticipating a press conference after the draft where he says he quits and then rips open his shirt exposing a GIANTS logo.

Re: I believe that he's heard too many people say ...

He definitely thinks he is smarter than everyone else and that is always dangerous.

I am at a loss...I have no clue what he is doing. First, you let Maclin go who is your #1 receiver. Second, get rid of your top rb for a lb that had major knee surgery. Ok, I am good with those 2 moves because it appears that you are freeing up money/cap space to go and move up in the draft.

Things are falling into place for me...trade Foles, this years #1 and probably next years #1 to the Jets...take Mariotta, resign Sanchez and keep Barkley. Things are good to go.

Trade Foles to the Rams as well as 2 draft picks, pick up a qb who you now are on the payroll for 13 million. There goes your cap space. Plus, the QB is the type that can't run Kelly's offense and has 2 newly reconstructed knees. On top of that, you let his #1 receiver and one of the best runners in the game go...so who does this kindling wood qb hand off to, and throw it to?

Chip...this is Philly...start 1-3 and see what Philly football fans are like. They are the Philadelphia Eagles, not the Ducks

Dude will either be remembered as the next Vince Lombardi...

...or the next Rich Kotite.

There will be no in-between.

Re: Dude will either be remembered as the next Vince Lombardi...

Bet on the "Kotite". Kelly just set Eagle football back about 20 years.

Eagles fans - isn't it possible that

Sam Bradford will get healthy and reach his potential in Philly? Just speaking for myself, I have always liked Bradford a lot. If healthy, IMHO you got a very good QB who could start for the Eagles for the next 7-8 years and play at a very high level. His problems in StL have been that they were an awful team when he arrived (much like Luck in Indy, Aikman in Dall, etc...) and then he suffered back to back ACL's.
IMO many wrongly bought into the notion that the "Chip Kelly offense" needs a QB like Mariotta. That was the Chip Kelly college offense. In his NFL offense he chose Nick Foles over Mike Vick. When he had an opportunity to draft a dual threat QB he drafted Matt Brakley. When he had an opportunity to choose a backup QB who could run he chose Mark Sanchez. Now when he has/had the opportunity to make a major move on Mariotta he instead chose Bradford. To me it is clear he wants a pocket passer, end of story.
IMO this trade, and Kelly's Phila legacy, boils down to who is going to be the better NFL QB, Foles or Bradford.

Originally posted by Blue Lion:

I'm anticipating a press conference after the draft where he says he quits and then rips open his shirt exposing a GIANTS logo.

Eagles News Conference, Live at 1pm on NFL Network. This could be it......The Coughlin-Kelly Irish Mafia connection revealed?

As a Eagles fan my biggest problem with the trade........

is the 2nd round pick. Bradford's salary was way to high to justify that pick. If healthy I think Bradford will be just fine as the Eagles QB. As for Mariotta the price of moving up is way too high. Its a shame for Mariotta because he will end up with some team that will try to make him something he's not.

Re: Eagles fans - isn't it possible that

Ceasar....You would have a tough time argue that Bradford might have more ultimate upside than Foles in Kelley's offense. But Foles on the field play has been better than Bradford and Bradford has been a walking injury. If the trade was Foles for Bradford and the Eagles flipped 1st round picks (Philly goes from #20 to #10) AND the Rams eat at least 50% of Bradford's salary, maybe you could say it made sense in some fashion. But for the Eagles to actually take all of Bradfords salary ($13 million for Foles $2 million) and give up draft picks is just plain crazy.

Re: I believe that he's heard too many people say ...

We found that out with Obama!

Originally posted by Ceasar:
Sam Bradford will get healthy and reach his potential in Philly? Just speaking for myself, I have always liked Bradford a lot. If healthy, IMHO you got a very good QB who could start for the Eagles for the next 7-8 years and play at a very high level.
Bradford has 1 year left on a $13 million contract. Foles has 1 year left on a $500,000 contract. Foles is coming off a broken collarbone, Bradford is coming off of two ACL surgeries.

Bradford is good, but is he "25 times better than Foles" good?

You look at all of the Eagles moves in the last week, and it looks like they got better in TWO positions - both at cornerback. At every other position, they either stayed the same and in maybe 7-8 positions they got rid of a player and replaced them with a downgrade.

How exactly is getting better at 2 positions, worse at 7 and staying put at the others considered progress?

Originally posted by Ceasar:
IMO many wrongly bought into the notion that the "Chip Kelly offense" needs a QB like Mariotta. That was the Chip Kelly college offense. In his NFL offense he chose Nick Foles over Mike Vick. When he had an opportunity to draft a dual threat QB he drafted Matt Brakley. When he had an opportunity to choose a backup QB who could run he chose Mark Sanchez. Now when he has/had the opportunity to make a major move on Mariotta he instead chose Bradford. To me it is clear he wants a pocket passer, end of story.
In his NFL offense, he chose Mike Vick over Nick Foles. He only put Foles in after Vick went out on an injury. He didn't put Vick back in because Foles went 6-1. But make no mistake, Kelly chose Vick over Foles at the start of the 2013 season.

Matt Barkley hasn't barely seen a snap in the NFL (1 game - it was a disaster) and I doubt he ever will - even when its Week #17 and in a meaningless game, he doesn't play Barkley.

Sanchez pretty much proved at the end of the 2014 season that he doesn't have what it takes to play a full season, and lacks the arm strength to run this offense.

NOTHING Chip Kelly has done has made any sense.

I agree and do not understand the Sanchez signing for that money. Sanchez proved he does not have the arm strength to be a NFL QB that is going to beat good teams. He is fine for a backup QB to come in stop gap for a game or two and hold the fort down, but not sure why you sign him for those dollars for 2 years.

Last year's draft had some issues and the moves this offseason are also head scratching. The SHady McCoy thing I get. Upgrade a LB position and dump salary as you feel that you can get close to similiar RB production for way less money and better off spreading that money and upgrade an Olineman or Defensive End. Letting Maclin walk away and not matching the Chiefs offer I can understand. But the Foles trade makes no sense.

Kelly: I didn't want all this power, the owner made me do it! Then this gem: Mariota is the best QB in the draft. We would never mortgage our future to go after somebody like that! Makes me actually miss Andy, "I need to do a better job" Reid!

This post was edited on 3/11 3:14 PM by Blueblood4eva

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT