Climate Change Policies Coming to Roost. Price of electricity surges 25% in France and Germany. All of those renewables doing much good

dailybuck777

Jan 2, 2018
"The price of power in Europe’s two key markets surged more 25% on Friday, the latest chaotic spike that’s upending economies across the continent.

Electricity for next year in Germany and France -- both beset by their own severe crises -- are setting almost daily records. That’s because Russia is constricting the supply of natural gas and also, in the case of France, an ongoing slump in nuclear generation.

The surges are fueling inflation and threatening the finances of households and businesses across Europe.

Across Europe, governments have begun to take the drastic step of limiting energy use. In the UK, household bills are set to soar in October after a cap on costs was lifted. The soaring prices looks set to force millions of people to curb consumption." https://finance.yahoo.com/news/french-electricity-price-exceeds-1-115417253.html

Reactions: WeR0206

Vic Vaselino

Nov 14, 2009
"The price of power in Europe’s two key markets surged more 25% on Friday, the latest chaotic spike that’s upending economies across the continent.

Electricity for next year in Germany and France -- both beset by their own severe crises -- are setting almost daily records. That’s because Russia is constricting the supply of natural gas and also, in the case of France, an ongoing slump in nuclear generation.

The surges are fueling inflation and threatening the finances of households and businesses across Europe.

Across Europe, governments have begun to take the drastic step of limiting energy use. In the UK, household bills are set to soar in October after a cap on costs was lifted. The soaring prices looks set to force millions of people to curb consumption." https://finance.yahoo.com/news/french-electricity-price-exceeds-1-115417253.html
Over the last two months I've paid $120.00 less than last year. What am I doing wrong?

tIUguy2

May 25, 2016

They should burn wood for primary heat like I do. The wood stove, splitter and both chainsaws paid for themselves in the first winter. That winter was 2007-2008. Been on the plus side ever since. And the work is great cardio.

LafayetteBear

Dec 1, 2009
Buck, you should go take a swim in any river in West Virginia. But keep your mouth and nostrils covered, or the fly ash might get in.

dailybuck777

Jan 2, 2018
Buck, you should go take a swim in any river in West Virginia. But keep your mouth and nostrils covered, or the fly ash might get in.
More ignorance. My son took a rafting trip on a major river in W Va. several years ago and it was nothing like you described. Also, I have been down the Ohio river many times where it borders W. Va. and it is no way anything near what you describe. As usual spouting nonsense in an area that is way above your pay grade.

LafayetteBear

Dec 1, 2009
You're absolutely right, Buck. West Virginia's waterways are pristine:

Vic Vaselino

Nov 14, 2009
They should burn wood for primary heat like I do. The wood stove, splitter and both chainsaws paid for themselves in the first winter. That winter was 2007-2008. Been on the plus side ever since. And the work is great cardio.
Wood. it's the new peat.

Obliviax

Gold Member
Aug 21, 2001

You don’t know much about WVA do you? The kanawah river bay was one of the largest chemical production areas in the USA for many years. If you read the articles, they point out that the pollution was from prior years. The pollution has lung sounds stopped. Secondly, the other article points out that many contaminated areas are due to bad water systems in very rural areas. Those articles can be written about any place in the United States. Flint Michigan for example. Have you ever driven around the oil fields of northern Los Angeles county? These articles are largely yellow journalism to get a rise out of people and target minorities as well as stupid people

BUFFALO LION

Oct 4, 2001

Someone that’s intentionally voted to turn once beautiful San Francisco and Los Angeles into absolute sh!tholes criticizing West Virginia??????

Now that’s funny. At least you can stay in a hotel in West Virginia and be sure that the poor hotel owner isn’t going to be forced by the city or state to room you and your kids next to a bunch of homeless junkies overnight.

KnightWhoSaysNit

Jul 19, 2010

It is mind-numbing that our government is putting whacko campaign promises ahead of common sense. They can't see what is happening to Europe? Or perhaps they do not care. (More likely.).

Your standard of living means nothing to these Democrats in Washington. They control their own salary and benefits. They can funnel money to their own interests. The fact that you are taking a major standard of living hit to fund their whims means nothing to them.

They care about power, hence the need to appease the extremists in their party. Don't worry, they will take care of the election problem. Count on it.

Everything we've seen lately -- stealing from the strategic petroleum reserve, debt forgiveness, etc. -- it's all about buying votes. They will come up with more. I'm still expecting Medicare for All.

It's all free. Inflation was caused by Putin. He's the bad guy. File your complaints with his press secretary.

LafayetteBear

Dec 1, 2009
Someone that’s intentionally voted to turn once beautiful San Francisco and Los Angeles into absolute sh!tholes criticizing West Virginia??????
I voted to do that?! LOL, who knew?!!

BTW, I particularly savor the irony of someone who lives in Buffalo (aka, the Asshole of Creation) speaking pejoratively of San Francisco, Los Angeles, or ANY other American city, for that matter). I’d rather live in frickin’ Cleveland than Buffalo. (Not sure about Columbus or Ann Arbor, though.)

dailybuck777

Jan 2, 2018

Another embarrassingly stupid post by you. You cite one study dealing with pfas that has zero to do with stinking, putrid rivers. In fact although there are some studies that indicate possible dangers of pfas, so far nothing solid enough to even set safety standards for them. Also, 99% of Americans are exposed to pfas so this is not a W. Va. only problem. https://deq.utah.gov/pollutants/health-effects-of-pfas#:~:text= Some, but not all, studies in humans,of cancer 7 Change liver function More

Then you cite a really stupid study (by environmental organizations who have little credibility) saying that a large number of water drinking systems (NOT rivers) had violated federal laws in some way. (One way could be filing a report a day late, for instance). No mention of bad health effects arising from those violations. (Undoubtedly many made by mom and pop operators of small systems)

You start off making a stupid, bigoted, ignorant statement about West Virginia rivers being putrid and then double down by switching the topic and not citing very good sources for the topics you discussed.

Also, really funny that you have 2 lay people with probable 7th grade educations spouting off about cancer causes and PCBs while buried in the video is the statement that the PCB levels in their community were not considered unsafe by levels set by govt agencies. In my workers comp days, I had many clients like them who thought their knowledge was superior to doctors. You can take a video camera and go to that neck of the woods and easily find another 20 people with the same education level making the same claims.

Last edited:

BUFFALO LION

Oct 4, 2001

BTW, I particularly savor the irony of someone who lives in Buffalo (aka, the Asshole of Creation) speaking pejoratively of San Francisco, Los Angeles, or ANY other American city, for that matter). I’d rather live in frickin’ Cleveland than Buffalo. (Not sure about Columbus or Ann Arbor, though.)

Actually, I’m at my place in Ocean City, NJ right now. I also have a place south of Pittsburgh right near where the Steelers train. None of the three places I own have bums, sh!t, and crime all over the place like you do.

By the way. If I have my choice between snow or category 6 to 8 earthquakes, give me the snow any day of the week.

dailybuck777

Jan 2, 2018

Actually, I’m at my place in Ocean City, NJ right now. I also have a place south of Pittsburgh right near where the Steelers train. None of the three places I own have bums, sh!t, and crime all over the place like you do.

By the way. If I have my choice between snow or category 6 to 8 earthquakes, give me the snow any day of the week.
I haven't been to Buffalo for a while, so I don't know its condition. Hard to imagine that it is much worse than Hollywood which is a slum on a downhill slide. (4 years ago it was a dump). Amazing that Lefties can take an iconic place, known worldwide and turn it into a slum.

Reactions: BUFFALO LION

dailybuck777

Jan 2, 2018
Goodbye, Europe...

and to think that our liberal leaders are enthusiastically taking us down the same path 😡
The one thing that has never occurred to the virtue signalling lunatic dems is that if their "renewable" energy plans are enacted and electricity doubles or quadruples in cost, electric vehicles will be too expensive to drive.

LionDeNittany

May 29, 2001
DFW, TX
Love how CNBC's "fact check" said Trump's claim was "not accurate" and "highly misleading." Dems, you still wondering why we've lost all faith in our "trusted authorities?" Because they all ditched the truth when someone threatened to drain the swamp.

Yeah it's all about the numbers.

Germany relies on Russia for probably 30% of it'd energy.

So they, CNBC cleverly says 'fraction'.

But Trump didn't say they got all of their energy from Russia. He said they would be totally reliant on Russia.

And that is true. You can't run a country on 70%

LdN

Reactions: Ski

WeR0206

Apr 9, 2014
2020evidence.org
Still so pissed that the US passed the green inflation bill while it was abundantly clear that those very same policies created a roaring dumpster fire in Europe.

It is mind-numbing that our government is putting whacko campaign promises ahead of common sense. They can't see what is happening to Europe? Or perhaps they do not care. (More likely.).

Your standard of living means nothing to these Democrats in Washington. They control their own salary and benefits. They can funnel money to their own interests. The fact that you are taking a major standard of living hit to fund their whims means nothing to them.

They care about power, hence the need to appease the extremists in their party. Don't worry, they will take care of the election problem. Count on it.

Everything we've seen lately -- stealing from the strategic petroleum reserve, debt forgiveness, etc. -- it's all about buying votes. They will come up with more. I'm still expecting Medicare for All.

It's all free. Inflation was caused by Putin. He's the bad guy. File your complaints with his press secretary.

The one thing that has never occurred to the virtue signalling lunatic dems is that if their "renewable" energy plans are enacted and electricity doubles or quadruples in cost, electric vehicles will be too expensive to drive.
These people aren’t interested in policies that help the middle class/masses. They know exactly what they are doing. They want to crush and choke out the middle class. They want two classes. The elites and the surfs ie full blown communism. They used covid, climate change, etc (and corresponding fear pushes behind them) to install their new world order.

gyaOs3DATrz9.jpeg

PaoliLion

Nov 2, 2003

Do you have a reading comprehension problem?

...because Russia is constricting the supply of natural gas

I guess you missed the part where the issue is their remaining dependence on fossil fuels and nuclear power

dailybuck777

Jan 2, 2018
Do you have a reading comprehension problem?

...because Russia is constricting the supply of natural gas

I guess you missed the part where the issue is their remaining dependence on fossil fuels and nuclear power
They have no margin of error and can't ramp up the so-called Renewables to replace what would have come from russia. Also, do you expect Russia to supply Western Europe in the near future like it did in the past? Also because of environmental policies regarding so called renewables Western Europe's energy costs start off as being much higher than the United States.

Reactions: ChiTownLion

LMTLION

Mar 20, 2008
can the US be far behind?
If you feel that way, do something about it and lock in a longer-term energy supplier contract. I do so for both electricity and natural gas. I just locked in for 32 months on natural gas. My current electricity contract is up in a few months and there are fixed terms up to 48 months currently online in PA. The new rates are certainly higher than what I am accustomed to paying, but a longer term will protect you from runaway energy inflation.

Reactions: ChiTownLion

pawrestlersintn

Jan 26, 2013

LOL. Are you talking science again? Check out this map. https://www.ewg.org/interactive-maps/pfas_contamination/map/ Zoom in on WV, then take a look at California. CA is PFAS wasteland.

Oh, and frackers still don't use uranium, radium, and mercury.

Reactions: dailybuck777

BW Lion

Apr 9, 2020
If you feel that way, do something about it and lock in a longer-term energy supplier contract. I do so for both electricity and natural gas. I just locked in for 32 months on natural gas. My current electricity contract is up in a few months and there are fixed terms up to 48 months currently online in PA.
That’s a good general strategy, but if I were shopping for either gas or electricity contracts today, I would probably shorten my exposure to no more than two years. I just don’t see $10/Mcf nat gas pricing beyond a couple of years. 🤷🏼‍♂️

A year ago during natural gas shoulder season pricing, I found a new well-funded REP that was willing to offer me a 4 year, $0.05/KwH fixed rate energy charge contract because they were trying to build their customer base.

Latest posts