ADVERTISEMENT

Congratulations on your season!

STPGopherfan

Gold Member
Aug 10, 2001
Maybe it didn't end the way you wanted, but PSU had a great season in my opinion. In only the second season at D1 you were in the hunt for a title. If you let that sink in for a moment, you can't help but say wow and that the future looks bright.

Looking forward to some great games next season.

Cheers!

Thanks STPGopher. Good luck to Minny the rest of the way. Needless to say we will be rooting for the Gophs over OSU. ;).

Always enjoy having classy visitors on this board! They are few and far between.

I was already a Gophers fan for today's game, but now I will be pulling for them the rest of the season. Good luck to your team!

Thank you. I'm hoping that Minnesota wins the Big Ten tourney, heads into the NCAA with momentum, and does some damage. Good luck the rest of the way.

Thanks. Good luck the rest of the way.

Hope a long playoff run keeps you away from any golf courses near me
wink.r191677.gif

Have to learn how to win away from Pegula....

Including yesterday's neutral site game, PSU was 1-8 in conference and 5-12-1 overallon road vs. 13-2-2 at home.

This is probably not all that surprising given where the program is at, but it does open a gap that needs to be filled if the team wants to stay on track. Next year will be a big challenge to keep things going forward and I think the team needs to improve its mobility on D and find get a little more dirty on top of the opponent's crease to score some ugly goals. Shooting the puck was not a problem but quality was. Yesterday was just an extremely dull game with OSU collapsing b/w the dots and PSU launching pucks from long distance only to see them blocked, swallowed up by the goalie or directed to safety on the rebound. I don't think PSU had any 2nd chance shots on the doorstep.

Gophers beat OSU 3-0. All is right in the world again. ;).

Re: Have to learn how to win away from Pegula....

Winning on the road will come in due time. As your home record indicates, many of the pieces are already there. You will just need to fill in some spots and gain more experience. Road points let alone road wins are very tough to come by.

Thanks to all for the well wishes. Missed the game this evening due to dealing with a parents health issue. Thank God it was nothing serious. Since I wasn't Cheering on my Gophers, I'm "blaming" the victory on you.
wink.r191677.gif

I am looking forward to seeing how much PSU grows this next season.

Cheers!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT