ADVERTISEMENT

Conspiracy Theories vs. Coincidence Theories

BHF23

Oct 28, 2005
I really do promise I'm not going to post much, but that thread the other day got me thinking about this. "Conspiracy: an agreement to perform together an illegal, wrongful, or subversive act." I usually see it used in a derogatory, condescending context. Today, I mean to use it in an objective way. There are conspiracy theories because there are conspiracies. Wouldn't need to be a word for it otherwise. "Coincidence: a sequence of events that although accidental seems to be planned or arranged." I also mean to use that in an objective way. There are coincidence theories because there are coincidences. Both are right sometimes. The situation that got me thinking about it was the death of Harrison Deal, who died the day after Georgia Governor Brian Kemp spoke in favor of a review of reports of irregularities and fraud in the 2020 election in Georgia. Conspiracy theorists suspected that someone was trying to send a message to Kemp: "Shut it down." I'm aware of no evidence of that. Coincidence theorists said people die in car wrecks every day. They are right. Then multiple witnesses reported hearing an explosion. If this isn't a direct quote from one witness, it's close. "That was no accident; that was a bomb." Well, if that's true, it opens the door. Again..."multiple" witnesses give the idea of a conspiracy greater credibility, though they could all be lying or wrong. Either way...there was never further review of the election. If Mr. Deal died in an accident, why would the review of the election have been canceled? Kemp is still the Governor and has responsibilities to all citizens in the state. The accident, though tragic, should have no effect on that. I'm not sitting here with a conclusion. For the moment, I'm trying to make a point. Sometimes there are conspiracies; sometimes there are coincidences. Sometimes it's not easy to tell which, if either, is right without more evidence. That said:

On 1/5/17, after Trump was elected but before he was inaugurated, Obama met with Biden, Rice, Comey, Clapper, Brennan, and Yates in the Oval Office. On 1/9/17, he lifted a moratorium and re-authorized funding for the creation of SARS biological weapons. On 1/11/17, Dr. Anthony Fauci "said there is 'no doubt' Donald J. Trump will be confronted with a surprise infectious disease outbreak during his presidency." As we all know by now, Fauci was involved in "gain of function" research in a lab in Wuhan province, China, which probably led to the development of the CORONA-19 virus which caused the deaths of a million Americans, give or take, and several millions more around the world.

Conspiracy theorists: Fauci released this virus intentionally to allow for mass mail-in voting to help Biden win/steal the election! Why does Fauci, at ground zero of the virus, have his face on TV every night...let's be kind..."changing his story" to suit his whims about natural immunity, vaccines, lockdowns, occasionally even admitting to earlier lies? Isn't it some kind of conflict of interest when he's the one who created the virus and gets to tell us what we need to do about it? Why should we trust him? (Ed. note: We shouldn't.) And anyway...where's the FBI? Why isn't this guy in jail? If I shot my neighbor, I'd go to jail for the rest of my life. This guy is directly responsible for the deaths of millions...whether it was intentional or not. Why is he walking the streets? Why does he keep pushing these vaccines so hard? And why is anyone listening to him?

Coincidence theorists: Man made? You Trumpers are crazy. Some guy in China ate a bad wet bat sandwich and spit and sneezed a lot. It's total coincidence that the ONE guy in a world population of 8 billion who was cooking the stuff was able to accurately predict it would happen exactly the way he said it would three years earlier. Just a dumb, lucky guess. Losers. Go dig a hole and climb in it.

Conspiracy theorists: The mainstream media, social media, and the FBI lied to discredit and cover up what was on Hunter's laptop to help get Biden elected. How did professional journalists doing independent investigative journalistic stuff (Who wouldn't want THIS scoop?) all come up with the same WRONG story even using the same WRONG keywords unless there was some "cooperation"? And why, even now that they've admitted they lied, are they still not reporting on the contents of the laptop? (Ed. note-If you think Hunter's laptop was bad, Anthony Weiner says "Hold my beer.") Why hasn't Hunter been arrested? And what about the "Big Guy"? We've seen plenty from the laptop; Rudy showed it to us...where's the FBI? The DOJ? The CIA? TSA...NSC...EIEIO....ANYBODY?

Coincidence theorists: Laptop? You Trumpers are crazy. That shop owner in Delaware ought to be in jail. Rudy's an ugly, sweaty little troll. (Ed. note: OK, you got me there. But the laptop is real; and he did show it to us.) Go suck on a tailpipe.

Conspiracy theorists: Biden stole the election. There's plenty of evidence of election fraud. Thousands and thousands of phony mail-in ballots turning up out of nowhere (or from under a table) in the middle of the night in Detroit and Atlanta. Shoot...I think they're STILL coming in in Maricopa County. Everyone shut down at 11:00 coincidentally? Riiiiight... Then they all kept counting all by their lonesomes? Did Bill Barr ever find Jessie Morgan's trailer? Probably not...unless it turned up between his couch and refrigerator. And don't get us started on the machines and software. Votes were flipping around like a live trout on a kitchen counter. I'd love to know about the 300,000 mobile votes in Virginia at about 5:00 in the morning. Read the Antrim County forensic report. (Ed. note-For real. Read it.) Over 3000 counties in the US. Totally by accident, we happened to stumble upon the ONLY one where there was a problem, determined by the investigators to be intentionally caused by the way, in the whole country? You think someone playing the voting machines like a video game was just one guy doing it on his lunch break in a small county in northern Michigan, and not some others who darn well knew the capabilities and weaknesses of the software and weren't going to be around for the last at bat?

Coincidence theorists: Stolen election? You mean all the false, democracy destroying false, made up "evidence" that all of those delusional, falsely lying Trumpers have been spreading? False liars! There is no evidence of fraud. NONE. Antrim County? Oh, there were a few others too? Bogus! And even if there was some minor computer glitch, it was innocent and harmless. Oh, and false, obviously. False bunch of falsely prevaricating liars! You should all be in jail! And you smell bad! Did I mention you're false? What makes you think someone ordered me to use the word "false" at least twice in every sentence?

Pick a side. I'm going to bed.

SR/BHF

P.S. I didn't have this problem with the "Feckless" series, but I've put a few on ignore based on that other thread. I don't mind the insults; they just don't add anything to the conversation. It would be nice to hear some civil dialogue. I think we all ought to be working together to get to the bottom of everything. Alas... I promise that if I put you on ignore and I do see your name pop up, I'll feel appropriately humiliated briefly by whatever I think you said, but then I'll go on about my day. And by the way...I didn't pay much attention to politics back in 2004, but I've done a ton of research since November 2020. I don't like John Kerry any more than some of you like Trump...I promise. But I'm man enough to say, from what I've learned about the voting machines and the types of people "running" them, I think it's more than likely Ohio, and maybe the whole election, was stolen from Kerry. I know nothing about the other 49 states in 2004...maybe other states went the wrong way, too...but I'm not going to go back and research it. I like Al Gore even less than I like Kerry, but I think there might have been shenanigans in Florida in 2000. In short, I've learned enough to know there's been a bad problem for a long time, it applies to both sides, and it ought to be fixed.

• Love
Reactions: john4psu
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News