ADVERTISEMENT

Death, taxes,...

Is it the tanning bed references and/or the belittling of the pin chain that's gotten under our tOSU friends skin?

Come on that stuff is funny right? What's wrong with some good natured heckling?

Is it the tanning bed references and/or the belittling of the pin chain that's gotten under our tOSU friends skin?

Come on that stuff is funny right? What's wrong with some good natured heckling?
They're doing well with the hand they've been dealt.

Reactions: danoftw

Like comparing Sci-Fi & Science. Fantasy or Reality.

This forum is better when we focus on PSU wrestling. Candid, honest, truthful, factual discussions about the other guys (Rutgers, tOSU, and Iowa are mostly whom I'm referring), are enjoyable. This forum has also been a great place to share not just information, but opinions. We discuss all things wrestling, and generally, should be able to have the same types of conversation we could have at the dining room table, or in a bar, and all places in between. Debate, differences of opinions, even arguments are perfectly normal.

Each of us have a responsibility to others in this place, to have some level of respect for others. Each of you draw that line at a different place, and there's half-an-ounce of oversight by mods to keep us above the civility line. I know Tom better than most, if not all here, and we couldn't ask for a more reasonable, pragmatic, rational dude to keep us out of dumpster fire or cesspool territory. In doing so, he has given folks lots of latitude.

Unfortunately, not everyone plays nice. Whatever the intentions, whatever other's wiring (personality, nature, values, and attitudes), a couple folks, even one at times, can send this forum into a frenzy. It's rare, but they get asked to tone it down, or as a last resort, to leave. It's unfortunate, though reasonable people should be appreciative, as the tone and content of this forum improves.

All that said, and I'm not following my own rule of being short and concise with my posts, other than my rankings and reviews, I love this place. And I love the folks here that I've gotten to know over the years. I love HR too, even 34-and-holding, and the tOSU forum, but draw the line at the Mat (haven't been there in years). I's my opinion, this is the best forum going.

I think all of the Buckeye wrestlers seem like good enough guys. It is Ryan who brings the ridicule with his snide comments and camera mugging all the time. If he would focus less on self/team promotion then maybe he wouldn't be so easy to ridicule.

Sounds very similar to James Franklin. Always in the limelight, always excuses!!

Reactions: matter7172
This forum is better when we focus on PSU wrestling. Candid, honest, truthful, factual discussions about the other guys (Rutgers, tOSU, and Iowa are mostly whom I'm referring), are enjoyable. This forum has also been a great place to share not just information, but opinions. We discuss all things wrestling, and generally, should be able to have the same types of conversation we could have at the dining room table, or in a bar, and all places in between. Debate, differences of opinions, even arguments are perfectly normal.

Each of us have a responsibility to others in this place, to have some level of respect for others. Each of you draw that line at a different place, and there's half-an-ounce of oversight by mods to keep us above the civility line. I know Tom better than most, if not all here, and we couldn't ask for a more reasonable, pragmatic, rational dude to keep us out of dumpster fire or cesspool territory. In doing so, he has given folks lots of latitude.

Unfortunately, not everyone plays nice. Whatever the intentions, whatever other's wiring (personality, nature, values, and attitudes), a couple folks, even one at times, can send this forum into a frenzy. It's rare, but they get asked to tone it down, or as a last resort, to leave. It's unfortunate, though reasonable people should be appreciative, as the tone and content of this forum improves.

All that said, and I'm not following my own rule of being short and concise with my posts, other than my rankings and reviews, I love this place. And I love the folks here that I've gotten to know over the years. I love HR too, even 34-and-holding, and the tOSU forum, but draw the line at the Mat (haven't been there in years). I's my opinion, this is the best forum going.

Roar...Had to bust on you for the short and concise comment in a lengthy post...:cool:

But I can PROMISE you there is no making fun of Penn State and it’s wrestlers.. the only thing discussed about Penn State is how to catch up with them..

There is one guy on the ohiowrestling.net board that has been talking trash towards Cael recently. But, the other posters are calling him out on it.

What’s even worse is I like this board... just don’t understand why this occurs especially considering you are the bar.

I have met, conversed with, and even had a beer with several Penn State fans, in particular wrestling fans over the years. In all my experiences, it’s been all class, all the way each time. Impressive considering the bragging rights there for the taking.

I can GUARANTEE you the fans I’ve met and their character absolutely cringe when they see Penn State represented the way some of you do on here. I get the funny banter, I do. But my goodness man... you would 100% think the results the past 8 years would be in reverse between the 2 schools with on each other are talked about on each other’s respective boards.

I’ve said my peace... carry on.

I'm just catching up to reading some of the threads on this board. I agree with your comments, and I'm among those who cringe when PSU fans cross the line (albeit a subjective thing) and belittle other programs or fans of other programs. I've felt this way for years and it applies to a number of boards. I realize that it brings pleasure to people to do so, but it reflects badly on PSU. I know that there are fans of all programs that do this, but I would prefer for PSU fans to rise above it. I appreciate the balanced way you made your point!

There is one guy on the ohiowrestling.net board that has been talking trash towards Cael recently. But, the other posters are calling him out on it.
Dan Ransick. Think it’s just a troll like his long-running Dr Quinn Medicine Woman twitter gag

After Bo pinned Martin and gave the "That's what we do" interview one of the OSU posters said that if Bo is such a hotshot he should wrestle Snyder.Which isn't bad, but it is funny.The no class,arrogant, and douche comments were just OSU fans being respectful. It's not like they were laughing about fake tans and robes and horrible,cringe worthy stuff like that.
I don't get your post. A couple folks can't help themselves and post their disappointment and anger. This, out of their tens of thousands of fans, and you want to use it to represent their fan base. Put Penn State fans in the same situation, Okie State fans in the same situation, Iowa fans in the same situation, heck, any fan base in the same situation, and you'd see exactly the same behavior by a few. There are classier ways to deal.

I don't get your post. A couple folks can't help themselves and post their disappointment and anger. This, out of their tens of thousands of fans, and you want to use it to represent their fan base. Put Penn State fans in the same situation, Okie State fans in the same situation, Iowa fans in the same situation, heck, any fan base in the same situation, and you'd see exactly the same behavior by a few. There are classier ways to deal.
Everything is relative and almost always reverts back to the source, and that being where the person making the statements is coming from in their realm of experience. I can tell from most of the comments on the forum that my realm was far different than the majority of posters. Have previously noted that I spent more then 30 years working on construction sites throughout the Philly region, one day as I pulled into the job site on my motorcycle there are 15 guys standing there pointing their guns at me thinking it was funny. Many of them were ex-cons, one of which carried around an ear in his wallet from a Vietcong fighter that he had killed. It is all relative and easy to pontificate on the comments of others, which I find incredibly civil on this forum!

Everything is relative and almost always reverts back to the source, and that being where the person making the statements is coming from in their realm of experience. I can tell from most of the comments on the forum that my realm was far different than the majority of posters. Have previously noted that I spent more then 30 years working on construction sites throughout the Philly region, one day as I pulled into the job site on my motorcycle there are 15 guys standing there pointing their guns at me thinking it was funny. Many of them were ex-cons, one of which carried around an ear in his wallet from a Vietcong fighter that he had killed. It is all relative and easy to pontificate on the comments of others, which I find incredibly civil on this forum!
Nice. My brother parked cars for 2 years in downtown Philly. He worked with some serious characters

After Bo pinned Martin and gave the "That's what we do" interview one of the OSU posters said that if Bo is such a hotshot he should wrestle Snyder.Which isn't bad, but it is funny.The no class,arrogant, and douche comments were just OSU fans being respectful. It's not like they were laughing about fake tans and robes and horrible,cringe worthy stuff like that.

My confusion is the straw man that if Bo is so tough he would wrestle Snyder and since he didn't he must not be tough. It's an incredibly stupid thing to even think, let alone type out on this message board.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT