ADVERTISEMENT

Debbie Reynolds hospitalized, and passed away (merged threads)

early reports are that she may have suffered a stroke.
I'm not a fan of musicals (honest, I'm not, so don't start -- well except for Cabaret but in that movie they didn't sing to each other which is what puts me off, plus the rest of that whole musical dancing around thing) or that sort of thing but Debbie Reynolds is an acting, singing, dancing phenomenon. As I recall, from Carrie's novel, Postcards From the Edge, her mom's extraordinary talent was very intimidating to a young Carrie and in many ways shaped her life.

I have been a fan since I was about 10 years old. What a sweet lady she is. I pray for her quick, and complete, recovery.

You can die of a broken heart... We saw it happen to our Coach, and this just proves it's certainly possible.

John Surma killed Joe Paterno.

RIP Debbie

Debbie-reynolds-lifetime-achievement-award-238482.jpg

Gotta be tough to lose your kid. Nature is not supposed to work that way. I know I would be devastated if one of my children preceded me.

vader's post has been confirmed by more traditional media sources. CLICK HERE for a LA Times article on her life and death.

Tough week for her son and her granddaughter.

RIP Debbie Reynolds

Died tonight from a stroke a day after her daughter Carrie Fisher.

vader's post has been confirmed by more traditional media sources. CLICK HERE for a LA Times article on her life and death.

Tough week for her son and her granddaughter.

I met her once. NY, IIRC at a fitness EXPO.

Early 80's she was going head to head with Jane Fonda in a fitness war.

Came home with her autograph and my mom went bonkos over it. I didnt really know who she was, then.

314mw8GAmUL.jpg

Can't imagine the pain of losing a child, no matter what the age. Very sad to hear.

Reactions: fairgambit
So sad. I felt so bad for her hearing that her daughter had died, and now she goes. One of the great entertainers of our time.

Reactions: fairgambit
Wonderfully versatile singer, dancer and actress.

Practiced dance moves as a young newcomer until her feet bled, for complex "Singing In The Rain" routines. Pulled off memorable singing and marathon tap sequences with Gene Kelly and Donald O'Connor like a veteran.

Academy nomination for the spunky, and literally never-say-die role as "The Unsinkable Molly Brown."

Few had the range of skills as Debbie Reynolds, delivered at such high levels and made it look so easy. Debbie made her mark when young women often did not get such physically demanding roles.

Losing a child is hard at any age, even if they are 60. Perhaps the one blessing is Debbie didn't suffer long, with the memory of losing her daughter Carrie.

RIP Debbie Reynolds
RIP Carrie Fisher

Capturing the bright limelight one last time, with timely mother-daughter exits, stage right.​

Geez. I know you all know I lost my wife recently so I've taken note of others who have passed this year. Maybe I'm just hyper-sensitive to the passing of icons this year, but I can't remember a year that has seen so many talented and great people depart, and many way before they should have:

My wife (not famous, but talented and a great person, at least to me)
Prince
Glenn Frey
David Bowie
George Michael
Carrie Fisher
Debbie Reynolds
Alan Rickman
Harper Lee
George Martin
Keith Emerson
Nancy Reagan
Zane Zza Gabor
Abe Vigoda
Paul Kanter (Jefferson Airplane)
Maurice White (Earth, Wind and Fire)
Antonio Scalia
Gary Shandling
Patty Duke
Merle Haggard
Billy Paul (Me and Mrs, Mrs Jones)
Muhammad Ali
Gordie Howe
Pat Summit (U Tennessee women's BBall coaching legend)
Gary Marshall
Gene Wilder
Arnold Palmer
Leonard Cohen
John Glenn
Alan Thicke
Florence Henderson
Patty Duke
Robert Vaughn (The Man From UNCLE)

The decade of the 80's was hit hard this year :(.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT