ADVERTISEMENT

Did Trace McSorley do the homerun-swing dance after any TDs the other day?

Haa!!! That's what they say about neon uniforms, too.

And it makes a difference. So does the brand the school wears.

You are out of touch with reality if you don't understand this.

As KD said "Nobody wants to play in Under Armours"

Full quote
"“For me, I didn’t want to go to Maryland. I didn’t want to stay home. I wanted to see what was outside that area. I don’t think a lot of kids, to be honest, they don’t choose Maryland unless they play in an Under Armour system coming up. Shoe companies have a real, real big influence on where these kids go. So, nobody wants to play in Under Armours, I’m sorry. Like, the top kids because they all play Nike.”"

There was PLENTY of joy and exuberance in football my whole life. Never was opposed to that. Making up a little dance step to celebrate in an pre-planned, organized way is Bush, that's all.

Perhaps the whole team should work out some sort of June Taylor Dancers number so the overhead cameras can record their celebrations.

I don't know...in our day teams were into breaking noses, giving concussions, doling out max damage with our helmets, abusing the cheerleaders and harassing the feminine dudes...is a sideline dance all that worse?

Reactions: Cpeplion
I don't know...in our day teams were into breaking noses, giving concussions, doling out max damage with our helmets, abusing the cheerleaders and harassing the feminine dudes...is a sideline dance all that worse?
It's not an either/or.

Reactions: Leo Ridens
And it makes a difference. So does the brand the school wears.

You are out of touch with reality if you don't understand this.

As KD said "Nobody wants to play in Under Armours"

Full quote
"“For me, I didn’t want to go to Maryland. I didn’t want to stay home. I wanted to see what was outside that area. I don’t think a lot of kids, to be honest, they don’t choose Maryland unless they play in an Under Armour system coming up. Shoe companies have a real, real big influence on where these kids go. So, nobody wants to play in Under Armours, I’m sorry. Like, the top kids because they all play Nike.”"
I guess that's why our recruiting has been so poor. No neon
Oh, wait.....

Coming from a guy that did a gorgeous rendition of a Gastineau Sack-dance (1982 HS game vs. Corning East, mop-up duty in a blowout... still can hear the beratement of my cigar-chomping HC in film session the following Monday) ... I'm all for the Home-run swing™ and the Fish-hook™...

hope I get to see a ton if them over the next few months!

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
Coming from a guy that did a gorgeous rendition of a Gastineau Sack-dance (1982 HS game vs. Corning East, mop-up duty in a blowout... still can hear the beratement of my cigar-chomping HC in film session the following Monday) ... I'm all for the Home-run swing™ and the Fish-hook™...

hope I get to see a ton if them over the next few months!
hey....saw Massimo Manca at the game Saturday! made my day.

I guess that's why our recruiting has been so poor. No neon
Oh, wait.....

I said it makes a difference. That difference can be .01% or 100%, depending on the individual recruit.

I bet a lot more recruits are enjoying watching our players have fun versus the strict rules of no fun Paterno. Maybe that is why our recruiting has been so much better.

Again, you are 100% out of touch with reality if you don't understand uniforms, brands, players allowed to dance/have fun, etc. make a difference. Many articles on this if you want to get out from your rock.

Last edited:
Reactions: jmorovich
I'm not sure what's worse. The young people that excessively celebrate, or the older folks who believe that they should be able to dictate to the younger people how they should conduct themselves. Oh wait, I am sure which one is worse.

Reactions: Judge Smails
When I coached I wanted my players to show excitement and some attitude. It kept them in the game. My son's college baseball team all did their own thing when they hit a double so everyone was focused when up to bat because they wanted to hit a double. It's fun and if it gets in the other team's heads, even better.

I can't wait for time travel to be invented so all you fossils can go back to the 70s
I'll take you up on that 70s bit, '73 specifically. On the other hand, I enjoy Marcus Allen. He makes me smile. I also like the home run swing as long as there's lots of them.:D

True story: At the 86 National championship win over Miami, in Tempe, me and my buddies sat next to some guys from Penn(Ivy Penn, you know, the quakers), and everyone of course was going nuts and a bit of the bottle of course, and the Penn guys were chanting a mock-Ivy chant that went "Suppress them! Suppress them! Make them relinquish the ball!". It was hilarious.

Moral: Everyone has their way, let them have it. We are all Penn State, and I love Marcus, Trace, their celebrations, and everyone in this program.

Never said anything about fans, or what you do in the locker room after games, or banning fun. You can do all that stuff, and still act when you score as if you've been there before.

Reactions: Leo Ridens
He does the "swing and salute" quite frequently. Even after 1 yard TD passes to wide open players. Respect the enthusiasm but it's getting a wee bit lame.

HR swing is one of the best things in sports. I could do w/out some of MA's actions, but...

Just sayin, he needs to lose that, and Marcus Allen needs to lose the in-your-face BS like he did after the safety. What Allen did might be a penalty in a future game. What Trace did is kind of little league.

These guys have been there a lot of times by now. I want them to act like it.

We need a " Booooooooo" button....this post sucks.

I dont have a problem with that, either. Thats not putting it in the other guy's face. Completely different.

Trace doesn't do the swing/salute in anyone's face and Allen - well, he's guilty here. But I think he got caught up in the moment of a big play and pulled back.

When I coached I wanted my players to show excitement and some attitude. It kept them in the game. My son's college baseball team all did their own thing when they hit a double so everyone was focused when up to bat because they wanted to hit a double. It's fun and if it gets in the other team's heads, even better.
I'll bet that keeps them focussed since the next pitch should be going at the batter's head if you show up the pitcher like that.

Reactions: demlion
I'll bet that keeps them focussed since the next pitch should be going at the batter's head if you show up the pitcher like that.
No one ever threw at anyone's head and all the teams did stuff like that. They weren't showing anyone up, they were just having fun.

Most old timers won't admit it/understand but the new attitude of the team helps tremendously with recruiting.

Most youngsters don't understand us gray hairs can bust a move, too. Put me in that locker room after a win. It will help tremendously with recruiting. Now when you see coach axe him.

Its all fun till a flag flies and it ends up costing PSU a game. Then it will be a Big 10 conspiracy. The Allen pic will be discussed by officials and they will be looking. The same as crews are warned about illegal blocks etc.

Reactions: Hedonist1
Its all fun till a flag flies and it ends up costing PSU a game. Then it will be a Big 10 conspiracy. The Allen pic will be discussed by officials and they will be looking. The same as crews are warned about illegal blocks etc.
Maybe dem should become a Harbaugh fan ....
Against Florida, Perry got 15 yards for doing the ball spin. Could have got another one.
Crawford flipped the ball on another play.
So Harbaugh told his players last week to hand the ball to the ref (very Paterno-esque) after a big play or TD
Crawford catches a long TD, gets up, starts to think about celebrating, then remembers, but the ref is like 10 yards away, so he is trying to get the ball to the ref while being mobbed by his teammates. Was sorta funny

Maybe dem should become a Harbaugh fan ....
Against Florida, Perry got 15 yards for doing the ball spin. Could have got another one.
Crawford flipped the ball on another play.
So Harbaugh told his players last week to hand the ball to the ref (very Paterno-esque) after a big play or TD
Crawford catches a long TD, gets up, starts to think about celebrating, then remembers, but the ref is like 10 yards away, so he is trying to get the ball to the ref while being mobbed by his teammates. Was sorta funny
One might be surprised the good will a player can generate for his team by doing little things like handing the ball to the ref.

Reactions: demlion
Saquon does his "pump the brakes" Gesicki does his train conductor impression. This team just has panache. I truly feel to that any attempt to quash that part of their game would be a determent to the teams psyche.

Reactions: psualt
297.png

I didnt see Trace doing it on Sat. and I only saw a kind of half-hearted one, one time against Akron.
Yea Allen was lucky that there were people blocking the ref and that it was done very fast because that
will draw a flag 9 out of 10 times. We and he got lucky.

As you say it was a half-hearted one. Indicative of his feelings the whole game. Personified in his erratic pass attempts. The million dollar question is why? Not to start a QB controversy but it's time to shake things up a bit. Give Tommy Stephens the rock to throw. Nothing like competition to shake out the cob webs. Do you feel? I feel you.

Saquon does his "pump the brakes" Gesicki does his train conductor impression. This team just has panache. I truly feel to that any attempt to quash that part of their game would be a determent to the teams psyche.
Panache, eh?
"flamboyant confidence of style or manner."

Football players' manner or style is best observed while the clock is running and the play is live, and McSorley and Gesicki and Barkley have plenty of style and confidence and flamboyance to show.

When the clock is NOT running? That's cheerleader time.

No one ever threw at anyone's head and all the teams did stuff like that. They weren't showing anyone up, they were just having fun.
I don't doubt that one team is having great fun. I'll defer to Dickie Noles as far as how he felt about Hal McRae's "fun" when he hit a double in the 1980 Series.

Just sayin, he needs to lose that, and Marcus Allen needs to lose the in-your-face BS like he did after the safety. What Allen did might be a penalty in a future game. What Trace did is kind of little league.

I bet your pretty excited about the alternate uni's this year too......smh

This isn't your daddy's PSU football. I love the swing then salute.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT