ADVERTISEMENT

Did Trace McSorley do the homerun-swing dance after any TDs the other day?

demlion

Feb 4, 2004
Just sayin, he needs to lose that, and Marcus Allen needs to lose the in-your-face BS like he did after the safety. What Allen did might be a penalty in a future game. What Trace did is kind of little league.

These guys have been there a lot of times by now. I want them to act like it.

Just sayin, he needs to lose that, and Marcus Allen needs to lose the in-your-face BS like he did after the safety. What Allen did might be a penalty in a future game. What Trace did is kind of little league.

I didnt see Trace doing it on Sat. and I only saw a kind of half-hearted one, one time against Akron.
Yea Allen was lucky that there were people blocking the ref and that it was done very fast because that
will draw a flag 9 out of 10 times. We and he got lucky.

Trace did. But it was close to the sideline. Whatevs.

Pitt guys were yelling in the face of our punt returner during fair catches.

Bush league was all over the place.

LdN

Reactions: BBrown
Trace did. But it was close to the sideline. Whatevs.

Pitt guys were yelling in the face of our punt returner during fair catches.

Bush league was all over the place.

LdN
I am happy and unsurprised that Pitt was Bush League. Us, not so much.

fun
fən/
noun
  1. 1.
    enjoyment, amusement, or lighthearted pleasure.
    "the children were having fun in the play area"
    synonyms: enjoyment, entertainment, amusement, pleasure; More

adjective
informal
  1. 1.
    amusing, entertaining, or enjoyable.
    "it was a fun evening"
    synonyms: enjoyable, entertaining, amusing, diverting, pleasurable, pleasing, agreeable, interesting
    "a fun evening"

Fun: You all should try it sometime.

Really? Trace did it all last year and you are complaining about this year? Franklin does not have a problem with it and that is all that matters unless you are replacing Franklin.

Reactions: Howie'81
fun
fən/
noun
  1. 1.

adjective
informal
  1. 1.
    "it was a fun evening"
    synonyms: enjoyable, entertaining, amusing, diverting, pleasurable, pleasing, agreeable, interesting
    "a fun evening"

Bush league ain't fun. It's embarrassing.

fun
fən/
noun
  1. 1.

adjective
informal
  1. 1.
    "it was a fun evening"
    "a fun evening"

Slapping you silly would be fun for many

It reminds me of Jerome Brown saluting his sideline after getting a sack against Shaffer in the 1st Q of the fiesta bowl 30 years ago. Bush.

By definition, I'm old school.

I have no problem with McS doing what he does on or near the PSU sideline. Marcus may be our best recruiter as his tweets in the post game locker room are becoming "must see TV" for high school prospects. Some are calling it the "Most Lit Locker Room in the Country".

he is getting a ton of followers and retweets from his post game videos..and he can really dance.

The world is moving on...what is acceptable is now different. Kids have fun with it. Time to move on.

Bush league ain't fun. It's embarrassing.

I don't want them to get carried away either but this team (last two years) has a definite personality - it's awesome to watch. The locker room celebrations show just how close these guys are - I think they're aware of how meaningful this will be to them later in life.

Reactions: psualt
Allen appeared to catch himself mid-taunt and back off, which may have saved the penalty.

Get off of my lawn.
kTi02wI.gif

Reactions: dsites52
I have no problem with McS doing what he does on or near the PSU sideline. Marcus may be our best recruiter as his tweets in the post game locker room are becoming "must see TV" for high school prospects. Some are calling it the "Most Lit Locker Room in the Country".

he is getting a ton of followers and retweets from his post game videos..and he can really dance.

The world is moving on...what is acceptable is now different. Kids have fun with it. Time to move on.

The best part about the new lockerroom video is that even guys not actively celebrating begin to do so once the camera is on them. They're sort of milling around and then start dancing as soon as Allen puts the camera on them. Hilarious!

I don't have a problem with celebrating but I just think the "home run" swing was so 2016. So for that reason, I think he needs to lose it.

And also get rid of the 'Sweet Caroline'....stupid song that needs to be left to the Sox. (And they should get rid of it too.)

The best part about the new lockerroom video is that even guys not actively celebrating begin to do so once the camera is on them. They're sort of milling around and then start dancing as soon as Allen puts the camera on them. Hilarious!
Right....and you can see the joy and camaraderie. How could you NOT want to be part of that.

Now, I get what Dem is saying...specific to his "grill" thingy after the safety....it was so quick I didn't see it in game speed. and these kids talk trash to eachother on every single play. Being old-school, I am not a fan, but its like saying I am not a fan of Vineyard Vines. Sometimes you just have to yield.

vineyard.jpg

Reactions: Cosmos
Yeah let's try to get the team as boring as possible with no personality and life. The high school kids we are recruiting will LOVE IT and be lining up to join us!

Didn't Moorehead and Franklin stop practice early on last year because the team wasn't celebrating a big play IN PRACTICE enough?

I get what you are saying with Allen, but, if you actually watch the video, it is like a split second event that the photographer happened to catch.
It happened so fast, there was no way he would have been flagged for it. I don't have a problem with it at all and I am usually uptight about this stuff.

Right....and you can see the joy and camaraderie. How could you NOT want to be part of that.

Now, I get what Dem is saying...specific to his "grill" thingy after the safety....it was so quick I didn't see it in game speed. and these kids talk trash to eachother on every single play. Being old-school, I am not a fan, but its like saying I am not a fan of Vineyard Vines. Sometimes you just have to yield.

vineyard.jpg
What they do in the lockerroom is altogether different, as is all of the team chemistry stuff. Good with all of that off the field.

What's his "swing and a miss" schtick for when he misses many pass attempts like last week?

I assumed that this happens to every team on every fair catch; is that not the case?

I don't know. I rarely have seen it to the extent it happened in this game. But the point is it's Bush League.

I found this:

Kick catch interference: (a) Anything that impedes the receiver from the opportunity to catch the ball should be called a foul. This includes: (i) contact with the receiver (however incidental); (ii) running menacingly close to the receiver; (iii) standing too close to the receiver; (iv) yelling while close to the receiver; (v) waving arms in front of the receiver; (vi) being positioned in front of the receiver in such a way that the receiver is forced to step around the opponent or change path in an effort to catch the ball.

http://www.ifaf.info/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Manual-of-Football-Officiating-2017.pdf

LdN

And what the hell does everyone want with my Gran Torino?

But seriously, its time to let some things go. I like the plan unis, I like the idea of acting like you've been there before, but the sad fact of my life is that I was never anywhere close to D1 capabilities. I don't even know if I could have made a JuCo roster. So, if these high profile athletes wanna showboat and wear neon colored uniforms, who the hell cares? As long as they keep winning.

Reactions: Obliviax
We are in modern times and the kids are finally allowed to have fun and show a little personality. Enjoy it.

Last edited:
Reactions: stormingnorm
There was PLENTY of joy and exuberance in football my whole life. Never was opposed to that. Making up a little dance step to celebrate in an pre-planned, organized way is Bush, that's all.

Perhaps the whole team should work out some sort of June Taylor Dancers number so the overhead cameras can record their celebrations.

Most old timers won't admit it/understand but the new attitude of the team helps tremendously with recruiting.

Maybe they could put a pool on the sideline and the O line could do a synchronized swimming routine after every long drive.

Or, we could just play football.

Reactions: Leo Ridens
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT