ADVERTISEMENT

Did You See

Kasparaitis

Dec 27, 2023
The Washington Football Team VP caught on undercover video by O’keefe? He got Roger Goodell’s number. $50 million puppet and Jerry Jones runs the league. Thanks, Captain Obvious. You can clean out your desk now.

I did see that. I actually think it is spot on, at least for Browns games. Just a bunch of unruly drunk people who scream and yell at the players and refs. At the end of the day they are being fleeced out of thousands of dollars for a pretty crappy product (for half the teams), overpriced parking, overpriced food, and often seat licenses.

I don't know about Jerry Jones but the owners are in it to increase their franchise values. There are a lot of paths to get there but Jerry certainly made a bazillion. The owners are simply sheep.

Goodell's responsibility is just to keep a lid on the brand and operations. To that end, he's done a great job. I mean, how the heck did the draft become a thing?

Reactions: bourbon n blues
I did see that. I actually think it is spot on, at least for Browns games. Just a bunch of unruly drunk people who scream and yell at the players and refs. At the end of the day they are being fleeced out of thousands of dollars for a pretty crappy product (for half the teams), overpriced parking, overpriced food, and often seat licenses.

I don't know about Jerry Jones but the owners are in it to increase their franchise values. There are a lot of paths to get there but Jerry certainly made a bazillion. The owners are simply sheep.

Goodell's responsibility is just to keep a lid on the brand and operations. To that end, he's done a great job. I mean, how the heck did the draft become a thing?
I don’t know about Cleveland but in Baltimore my lower level seats are around $150 per game. I pay $15 to park about 2 blocks away at U of Maryland garage. I got my seat licenses free from my employer but even if you pay for them, unlike Penn State, you can sell them and get your money back. Also, unlike PSU, I can sell for face value or higher every game I don’t attend. I always get crab cakes which aren’t outrageously priced and actually taste pretty good. There are some drunken idiots but they get more attention than the people just there to enjoy the game. Even Cleveland fans get to see Joe Burrow and Lamar Jackson every year. All considered it’s a much better value proposition than Penn State and that’s why I gave up my PSU tickets and kept my Ravens tickets.

I don’t know about Cleveland but in Baltimore my lower level seats are around $150 per game. I pay $15 to park about 2 blocks away at U of Maryland garage. I got my seat licenses free from my employer but even if you pay for them, unlike Penn State, you can sell them and get your money back. Also, unlike PSU, I can sell for face value or higher every game I don’t attend. I always get crab cakes which aren’t outrageously priced and actually taste pretty good. There are some drunken idiots but they get more attention than the people just there to enjoy the game. Even Cleveland fans get to see Joe Burrow and Lamar Jackson every year. All considered it’s a much better value proposition than Penn State and that’s why I gave up my PSU tickets and kept my Ravens tickets.
But damn, now you have to watch the Ravens! Yuck 🤮. 😀

• Haha
Reactions: Obliviax
it is all a matter of opinion.

But four people going to a game

• $600 for tickets
  • $15+ for parking
  • $80+ for food and drinks
  • Seat Licenses
I haven't talked about babysitters, dinner before or after, and any other misc charges. So with that, you are out about $700+. That is one game. Over a season you are looking at $5600 at least.

I've gone the other way. I save my money and go to one game a year that I'll really enjoy. I went to both the Rose and Citrus Bowls (OK, while the Citrus game stunk the trip and stadium were first-rate).

Blasphemy!😡🤬🔥

you can extrapolate the out of pocket costs from a ravens game to a PSU game. With the stadium upgrades there will be an increase in seat Costs and maybe ticket prices...already parking is more than $15,and if you need to spend the night, plan on spending 2 and the rates are extraordinarily high. It's commitment to go to every game

I've gone the other way. I save my money and go to one game a year that I'll really enjoy. I went to both the Rose and Citrus Bowls (OK, while the Citrus game stunk the trip and stadium were first-rate).
May want to just save the money and hope we get a home playoff game

I have 2 seats. I will go with my wife or my daughter (she loves it) or depending on the opponent, a friend/roommates from school, neighbors, other family etc. We tailgate at the car so no need to spend more than $30 in the stadium. As I said, seat licenses are a wash. So $400 per game. I usually attend 4-6 per season and can often sell the Steelers and any other “hot” team for above face. So ballpark around $2,200 total net cost. I really enjoy every game, though not as much when we lose. It’s not for everyone but it really works for me.

you can extrapolate the out of pocket costs from a ravens game to a PSU game. With the stadium upgrades there will be an increase in seat Costs and maybe ticket prices...already parking is more than $15,and if you need to spend the night, plan on spending 2 and the rates are extraordinarily high. It's commitment to go to every game
This is another factor. If you can’t attend PSU vs Minnesota State you are SOL because you can’t sell the tickets. And even if you could attend who wants to watch them run it up on an overmatched, outclassed team? Conversely, I can even sell my Cleveland and Washington NFL games and I will still enjoy it when the Ravens lay a half a hundred on the Dolphins or Lions.

The Washington Football Team VP caught on undercover video by O’keefe? He got Roger Goodell’s number. $50 million puppet and Jerry Jones runs the league. Thanks, Captain Obvious. You can clean out your desk now.
It's Professional sports which is garbage today and the good ole days are never coming back. It's all about financial rape and pillage. Get over it.

This is another factor. If you can’t attend PSU vs Minnesota State you are SOL because you can’t sell the tickets. And even if you could attend who wants to watch them run it up on an overmatched, outclassed team? Conversely, I can even sell my Cleveland and Washington NFL games and I can still enjoy it when the Ravens lay a half a hundred on the Dolphins or Lions.
I haven't been to a Ravens game. But the last two Browns games I went to featured a guy getting into a fight while standing at the urinal and another yelling F-bombs at the refs with his four-year-old son. I should add the first F-bomb was before the game started.

One of my sons' favorite stories is we had two tickets to the Browns/Cowboys home opener several years ago. I picked up a ticket from a friend at face value. At the time, I think it was $55. My oldest son brought a friend at the last minute so I needed another. As I was going around trying to buy a ticket, some guy offered me $150 per ticket. I told him that I had two together and one. He said he didn't care. I looked at the kids and said "crab legs?" They said sure. So I sold him the tickets for $450 and we went to Johnny's in downtown Cleveland and ordered crab legs, steak and lobster while we watched the Browns on TV get beat by 40 points. We laughed all day long and still do.

It's Professional sports which is garbage today and the good ole days are never coming back. It's all about financial rape and pillage. Get over it.
Again, it’s not for everyone but the cost as I’ve represented is reasonable. If you like football there is nothing better than Burrow or Mahomes vs Jackson on a Thursday, Sunday or Monday night. The stadium is electric and the skill level is off the charts.

I haven't been to a Ravens game. But the last two Browns games I went to featured a guy getting into a fight while standing at the urinal and another yelling F-bombs at the refs with his four-year-old son. I should add the first F-bomb was before the game started.

One of my sons' favorite stories is we had two tickets to the Browns/Cowboys home opener several years ago. I picked up a ticket from a friend at face value. At the time, I think it was $55. My oldest son brought a friend at the last minute so I needed another. As I was going around trying to buy a ticket, some guy offered me $150 per ticket. I told him that I had two together and one. He said he didn't care. I looked at the kids and said "crab legs?" They said sure. So I sold him the tickets for $450 and we went to Johnny's in downtown Cleveland and ordered crab legs, steak and lobster while we watched the Browns on TV get beat by 40 points. We laughed all day long and still do.
You did good.

With the Ravens you get more problems at preseason games because many of those attending are not season ticket holders and don’t care. In Baltimore they have a number you can text and security will come and remove “unruly” fans. You can also lose your seat license if you are a repeat offender. I hate to say it but the most problems I have observed are at night games with the Steelers especially when the Steelers lose. I will give them credit, they travel well but some of their fans don’t take losses kindly shall we say.

You did good.

With the Ravens you get more problems at preseason games because many of those attending are not season ticket holders and don’t care. In Baltimore they have a number you can text and security will come and remove “unruly” fans. You can also lose your seat license if you are a repeat offender. I hate to say it but the most problems I have observed are at night games with the Steelers especially when the Steelers lose. I will give them credit, they travel well but some of their fans don’t take losses kindly shall we say.
to each his own. I'd much rather enjoy a fine steak prepared by Francisco at the Palms along with a nice bottle of Penfolds Bin 707 Cab topped off by a Pappy Van Winkle for less money.

NFL was fleecing America years ago. You just woke up? It’s just a betting and fantasy league now. I was in SD when they tried to strong arm the community into building a new stadium. We said F-U. Then they went woke. I haven’t watched a full game since then and don’t miss it one bit. CFB will soon be the same.

NFL was fleecing America years ago. You just woke up? It’s just a betting and fantasy league now. I was in SD when they tried to strong arm the community into building a new stadium. We said F-U. Then they went woke. I haven’t watched a full game since then and don’t miss it one bit. CFB will soon be the same.
The NFL is taking the Perfect Pitch approach with their players. That is, instead of educating their players and insisting they live up to traditional societal standards, they are giving in to their misguided or “woke” ideology for fear of rocking the boat, so to speak, or losing access to the workforce pipeline. College football is even worse in some ways where the administrators in charge actually believe in that nonsense. With NIL and player employment issues on the horizon it is a recipe for disaster. But when you strip all that away the fact remains that the highest level of football playing skill is found in the NFL and it’s not even close. If you love watching the best players in the world play football the NFL is where it’s at.

The NFL is taking the Perfect Pitch approach with their players. That is, instead of educating their players and insisting they live up to traditional societal standards, they are giving in to their misguided or “woke” ideology for fear of rocking the boat, so to speak, or losing access to the workforce pipeline. College football is even worse in some ways where the administrators in charge actually believe in that nonsense. With NIL and player employment issues on the horizon it is a recipe for disaster. But when you strip all that away the fact remains that the highest level of football playing skill is found in the NFL and it’s not even close. If you love watching the best players in the world play football the NFL is where it’s at.
All true. Online betting is just another revenue stream for the NFL. As a lifelong Clevelander, I was a Browns fan until the Deshaun Watson trade. A football and moral disaster. Now I don't care who does what in the NFL. College football is going the same way. Human enterprise always defaults to the chase for $. It is never enough.

All true. Online betting is just another revenue stream for the NFL. As a lifelong Clevelander, I was a Browns fan until the Deshaun Watson trade. A football and moral disaster. Now I don't care who does what in the NFL. College football is going the same way. Human enterprise always defaults to the chase for $. It is never enough.
Don’t even get me started on the hypocrisy of gambling promotion. Especially how it devastates the very people that they are professing to deliver “justice “ to.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
Did you really think the Ravens would win?

Well, at least it was close.

Need a QB not a scat back.
You’re kidding yourself. Lamar outplayed Mahomes. 100 more yards than Mahomes. The Ravens rolled up 450 yards of total offense, more than 100 than the Chiefs. Everything else was basically even. The refs gave the Chiefs a gift roughing the passer call, called back amother big Lamar gain with a fake holding call and of course made a mockery of the game with the illegal formations clown show. The Ravens defensive backfield also gave up a gift TD on a busted coverage. The difference was the tip of a shoe after Lamar almost single handedly drove the field and the Chiefs couldn’t stop him. The Ravens did a great job. Hat tip to Chiefs and on to the Raiders. Oh, and after watching that game I think the Steelers fans are already looking ahead to the draft.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: LandoComando
You’re kidding yourself. Lamar outplayed Mahomes. 100 more yards than Mahomes. The Ravens rolled up 450 yards of total offense, more than 100 than the Chiefs. Everything else was basically even. The refs gave the Chiefs a gift roughing the passer call, called back amother big Lamar gain with a fake holding call and of course made a mockery of the game with the illegal formations clown show. The Ravens defensive backfield also gave up a gift TD on a busted coverage. The difference was the tip of a shoe after Lamar almost single handedly drove the field and the Chiefs couldn’t stop him. The Ravens did a great job. Hat tip to Chiefs and on to the Raiders. Oh, and after watching that game I think the Steelers fans are already looking ahead to the draft.
Lamar is amazing. But I thought that Lamar running the ball was about 80% of the Ravens offense down the stretch. No way he holds up all season if he's got to run the ball that much.

On the Chief's side, that OL looked weak. Oweh got some good PR>

I'd smash my TV with a hammer before tuning into the NFL. And that includes the Super Bowl. While they might be the best in the world, it's still a garbage product. Run and promoted by garbage people.

Sadly, big college football isn't far behind.

• Haha
Reactions: knickslions
NFL is a results business. Ravens and especially Lamar did not get it done in the clutch. Those two missed receivers prior to 4th down lost the game. He also probably waited too long on the 4th down throw. Chiefs and Mahomes have the Ravens' number. Don't whine about officiating. Not a good look.

I'd smash my TV with a hammer before tuning into the NFL. And that includes the Super Bowl. While they might be the best in the world, it's still a garbage product. Run and promoted by garbage people.

Sadly, big college football isn't far behind.
I don’t always watch the Super Bowl and can’t argue with your last two sentences. But I love football. I used to love baseball also but the factors you described ruined MLB for me. Maybe that will happen with the NFL too.

Last edited:
NFL is a results business. Ravens and especially Lamar did not get it done in the clutch. Those two missed receivers prior to 4th down lost the game. He also probably waited too long on the 4th down throw. Chiefs and Mahomes have the Ravens' number. Don't whine about officiating. Not a good look.
Don’t gloat over one game. It’s not a good look. And don’t mischaracterize my position. What did I say that wasn’t true? Again, hat tip to the Chiefs and we’re moving on to the Raiders.

Last edited:
Don’t gloat over one game. It’s not a good look. And don’t mischaracterize my position. Again, hat tip to the Chiefs and we’re moving on to the Raiders.
It's not one game...its the story of his career on repeat. We all know what happens when he has to step up. He fails.

It's not one game...its the story of his career on repeat. We all know what happens when he has to step up. He fails.
Blow, Pipsqueak. You and your brainless sidekick have your own stupid Lamar Jealous Hatefest thread already. We don’t need you ruining another discussion with your petty nonsense.

Facts--deal with them
Look, I very respectfully request that you and your friend use the I Hate Lamar post to reiterate your critiques of Lamar on an endless loop over there and please allow us to continue our discussion here. If you are the intelligent, respectful football expert that you represent yourself to be, please show us that courtesy.

• Haha
Reactions: The Spin Meister
Don’t gloat over one game. It’s not a good look. And don’t mischaracterize my position. What did I say that wasn’t true? Again, hat tip to the Chiefs and we’re moving on to the Raiders.
I'm not gloating, I speak the truth. You "hat tip" after whining about the officiating.

Reactions: KCLion
Look, I very respectfully request that you and your friend use the I Hate Lamar post to reiterate your critiques of Lamar on an endless loop over there and please allow us to continue our discussion here. If you are the intelligent, respectful football expert that you represent yourself to be, please show us that courtesy.
You lost any right to request anything from me and most others. All you have to do is acknowledge reality and we're good.

Read your first reply to me then ask yourself why I'd honor any request by you.

LOL! Here you are! Trying to pretend to care about respect and intelligence when your first excuse is the worst possible one - "it was the ref's fault!" Only the scummiest, saddest, least intelligent "fans" blame the refs. It's the ultimate disrespect to the game, the players and the coaches.

Lamar had 2 uncontested layups to salvage the game and he blew them both ... almost getting one of his better players KO'd trying to save Chokeson from himself. And the guy he hung out to dry just 2 plays above almost saved him on the final play, but his heroics fell short.

You lost any right to request anything from me and most others. All you have to do is acknowledge reality and we're good.

Read your first reply to me then ask yourself why I'd honor any request by you.
Yeah that’s what I thought. Let me try again in a manner that you’re more likely to relate to. Go fu@k yourself, a$$hole.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT