ADVERTISEMENT

Did You See

it is all a matter of opinion.

But four people going to a game

• $600 for tickets
  • $15+ for parking
  • $80+ for food and drinks
  • Seat Licenses
I haven't talked about babysitters, dinner before or after, and any other misc charges. So with that, you are out about $700+. That is one game. Over a season you are looking at $5600 at least.

I've gone the other way. I save my money and go to one game a year that I'll really enjoy. I went to both the Rose and Citrus Bowls (OK, while the Citrus game stunk the trip and stadium were first-rate).
Penn State game costs are terrible and will soar after renovation. Heck $20 for a soft pretzel and small beer? And stop asking me for a bloody tip to simply swivel and grab both and hand to me. I’m more likely to contribute to NIL then pay a tip for that!

Penn State game costs are terrible and will soar after renovation. Heck $20 for a soft pretzel and small beer? And stop asking me for a bloody tip to simply swivel and grab both and hand to me. I’m more likely to contribute to NIL then pay a tip for that!
I paid $12 for a smoothie at the CLE air show over the weekend!

I did see that. I actually think it is spot on, at least for Browns games. Just a bunch of unruly drunk people who scream and yell at the players and refs. At the end of the day they are being fleeced out of thousands of dollars for a pretty crappy product (for half the teams), overpriced parking, overpriced food, and often seat licenses.

I don't know about Jerry Jones but the owners are in it to increase their franchise values. There are a lot of paths to get there but Jerry certainly made a bazillion. The owners are simply sheep.

Goodell's responsibility is just to keep a lid on the brand and operations. To that end, he's done a great job. I mean, how the heck did the draft become a thing?
I find the league unwatchable , it might as well be the latest Star Wars movies, and shows. Until fan stop watching, which they will not, the league will continue to descend to shit because the American public needs their fix for sports. They've lost all concept of quality and will continue to watch.

I don't attend games anymore . For plenty of reasons , that includes .

I don’t always watch the Super Bowl and can’t argue with your last two sentences. But I love football. I used to love baseball also but the factors you described ruined MLB for me. Maybe that will happen with the NFL too.
I'm already there with all major sports leaks. I watched the Super Bowl and sometimes playoff games because it's winter time and not much else is on. I'd like to watch the Super Bowl because it's the only time of year I gamble.

I put $50-$100 on a sports app and spend maybe $5200 on 50 or so random one or two dollar bets unreal dumb stuff. It's like having a hilarious bingo card and it amuses me. Other than that I don't care.

it is all a matter of opinion.

But four people going to a game

• $600 for tickets
  • $15+ for parking
  • $80+ for food and drinks
  • Seat Licenses
I haven't talked about babysitters, dinner before or after, and any other misc charges. So with that, you are out about $700+. That is one game. Over a season you are looking at $5600 at least.

I've gone the other way. I save my money and go to one game a year that I'll really enjoy. I went to both the Rose and Citrus Bowls (OK, while the Citrus game stunk the trip and stadium were first-rate).
where do you sit? In the suites sitting on a platinum throne? Tickets were going between $3 to 20$ on friday. Heck, my beer and soda costed more than my two tickets. And we sat behind the bowling green bench on the 40

where do you sit? In the suites sitting on a platinum throne? Tickets were going between $3 to 20$ on friday. Heck, my beer and soda costed more than my two tickets. And we sat behind the bowling green bench on the 40
Not if you are a season ticket holder!

This is the major problem. I noticed a lot of empty seats on Saturday even though Bowling Green is semi respectable. Penn State has no business playing I-AA teams let alone these other programs like Temple. No one wants to watch that.

Penn State game costs are terrible and will soar after renovation. Heck $20 for a soft pretzel and small beer? And stop asking me for a bloody tip to simply swivel and grab both and hand to me. I’m more likely to contribute to NIL than pay a tip for that!
I just don’t get NIL. I can see paying Nick Singleton to make promotional appearances or advertising for your PA based business but who would just hand over money to pay college football players who are already getting a free education? Why would anyone do that?

I saw the latest NFL Amazon commercial had some fat macaroni stain with a prominent cross tattoo get the Amazon mark on his fo'head. When ya cursin His name cause he won't let ya sold out borg azz die, don't get ya macaroni stains on me abaht it fat boy.

I saw the latest NFL Amazon commercial had some fat macaroni stain with a prominent cross tattoo get the Amazon mark on his fo'head. When ya cursin His name cause he won't let ya sold out borg azz die, don't get ya macaroni stains on me abaht it fat boy.
My first response to each of your posts is I’m sorry but I don’t speak meth. Then I read it again and think there’s a 50-50 chance he’s actually agreeing with me. I’m not too proud to admit I don’t know the difference. Carry on.

Reactions: Ski
For a big time investment company executive you spend an inordinate amount of time on a football message board stalking complete strangers.
Stalkeritis playing the "I know you are but what am I?" game when he can't defend Lamar Chokeson. Sad. Why do you alternate between throwing out random alleged factoids about yourself that no one cares about, and showing your jealousy of others when you've lost on the merits?

Last edited:
Stalkeritis playing the "I know you are but what am I?" game when he can't defend Lamar Chokeson. Sad. Why do you alternate between throwing out random alleged factoids about yourself that know one cares about, and showing your jealousy of others when you've lost on the merits?
Look, the employees are stealing all your office supplies while you’re stalking me!

Look, the employees are stealing all your office supplies while you’re stalking me!

Are you still missing your red Swingline, Milton? I'll get you another one, big guy ... in the meantime, we're going to have to ask you to move your desk to the dump.

Are you still missing your red Swingline, Milton? I'll get you another one, big guy ... in the meantime, we're going to have to ask you to move your desk to the dump.
Comedy gold! At least you finally figured out I’m not Bushwood. I knew you were slow but this is verging on ridiculous.

Comedy gold! At least you finally figured out I’m not Bushwood. I knew you were slow but this is verging on ridiculous.
Bushwood, you're still Bushwood. Hey, listen, Milton Gasbagtits ... it's your own fault you're so mockable. Shouldn't you be posting how Bill O'Brien cost us the 1972 Fiesta Bowl, or something?

Bushwood, you're still Bushwood. Hey, listen, Milton Gasbagtits ... it's your own fault you're so mockable. Shouldn't you be posting how Bill O'Brien cost us the 1972 Fiesta Bowl, or something?
Downright side splitting. You are hilarious. I really mean it.

Reactions: Ski
That is probably about right but I decided that I love going to PSU and bringing my family to the experience. I don't need OSU game. If you choose Bowling Green as example, then people can't give tickets away. Game was exciting and stressful as could have imagined. It became:

• $70 for 4 middle seat, low row WHU tickets
  • $25+ for preferred parking, next to stadium
  • $20 for pretzel/kids ice cream
  • A nice day of tailgating, BBQ and beers before & after - priceless
Took kids to Corner Room, had a beer at Zenos then Creamery so maybe 65 for all that. Dinner after game was 80. We rented a great airbnb cabin 30m from stadium so maybe $150/night (vs 300 for crummy hotel in SC) but cooked own breakfast and lunch. You can make it work for cheaper but not big games

That is probably about right but I decided that I love going to PSU and bringing my family to the experience. I don't need OSU game. If you choose Bowling Green as example, then people can't give tickets away. Game was exciting and stressful as could have imagined. It became:

• $70 for 4 middle seat, low row WHU tickets
  • $25+ for preferred parking, next to stadium
  • $20 for pretzel/kids ice cream
  • A nice day of tailgating, BBQ and beers before & after - priceless
Took kids to Corner Room, had a beer at Zenos then Creamery so maybe 65 for all that. Dinner after game was 80. We rented a great airbnb cabin 30m from stadium so maybe $150/night (vs 300 for crummy hotel in SC) but cooked own breakfast and lunch. You can make it work for cheaper but not big games
That’s the only way to do it that makes any sense..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT