ADVERTISEMENT

Doran, Brown and Oldsey.

demlion

Feb 4, 2004
I sort of responded with a weak attempt at humor yesterday when Monterey said he was going to write me in. Probably should have been more serious, so let me be clear: I will not be writing anyone in--I am voting for the three incumbents. They are by far better than the alternative, and the alternative is the only guy who gains if we do anything but vote for the three incumbents.

You all know I wanted to be trustee this year, but it did not work out and it turns out I am needed elsewhere at the moment, anyway. Schultz can't win, so Schultz is not getting a write-in from me.

2017 is a different matter. I expect to run again, so get those nominations ready.

I sort of responded with a weak attempt at humor yesterday when Monterey said he was going to write me in. Probably should have been more serious, so let me be clear: I will not be writing anyone in--I am voting for the three incumbents. They are by far better than the alternative, and the alternative is the only guy who gains if we do anything but vote for the three incumbents.

You all know I wanted to be trustee this year, but it did not work out and it turns out I am needed elsewhere at the moment, anyway. Schultz can't win, so Schultz is not getting a write-in from me.

2017 is a different matter. I expect to run again, so get those nominations ready.

I was disappointed that you had withdrawn your name from consideration and figured to start a write in campaign. With more information I respect your wishes and too will vote for the three incumbents.

Reactions: roswelllion
CR, you are way way off base with all things BoT but that was well played! Please write in Dem's name.

I am heartened to hear you expect to run again. I have no doubt that, once elected, you will be a difference maker. Despite the efforts of Mr. Lubrano, and others, the Old Guard is still pretty much running the show. We need a firebrand to stir the pot a bit and you appear to be the right man to do that. Until then, I agree that Doran, Brown and Oldsey are the best choices and I join you in voting for them. To echo ILLINOISLION, my prayers go out to you and your Dad.

I decided to suspend my protest of PS4RS (and their Orwellian, Illuminati-esque brand of 'transparency') and voted for the 'bloc' - but, only because the alternative is worse. We're on a slippery slope though fellas, and folks like Larry deserve a shot (or, at least a decent explanation of why he wasn't endorsed - if he got one, I'd love to hear it).

The question is always going to be...who of the 3 incumbents in the next cycle are you going to knock off? Unless someone retires or quits like AT, the system isn't setup to allow a newcomer to win and that's very unfair and unfortunate.

Damn glad to hear that you will run again next year. You have both my future nomination and vote!

I decided to suspend my protest of PS4RS (and their Orwellian, Illuminati-esque brand of 'transparency') and voted for the 'bloc' - but, only because the alternative is worse. We're on a slippery slope though fellas, and folks like Larry deserve a shot (or, at least a decent explanation of why he wasn't endorsed - if he got one, I'd love to hear it).

One can argue that demlion has certain strengths over any one of the incumbents, but I don't see any of the incumbents as being a negative on the board. I'm sure PS4RS also saw the incumbents as being worthy members and felt that it sent a bad message discarding one of "their own" in favor of demlion or someone else.

Reactions: Mixolydian
We're on a slippery slope though fellas, and folks like Larry deserve a shot (or, at least a decent explanation of why he wasn't endorsed - if he got one, I'd love to hear it).

Uh.....what is so hard to understand?

The other three got more votes for the endorsement.

Next question?

I wanted DemLion elected as much as anybody.......and - as I and others pointed out MANY times on this board - everyone who posts on this board, anyone with any concern wrt PSU had the ability to sign up and vote in that "endorsement primary".....and several folks practically begged people to participate.
I assume you did just that......but, unfortunately, the total numbers were just a bit shy of what was needed to achieve the task. It is always difficult to replace an incumbent - - - whether it is in the US Congress or the PSU BOT. Dem gave it a hell of a shot - - - and, I believe, will take a seat if he opts to run again next year.

There are definitely elected seats that need to be "upgraded" - - - either by replacing folks with those who will do a better job, or by "persuading" those already in the seats to become MUCH, MUCH, MUCH stronger advocates........it is up to all of us to make that happen.

Did I say we need to do a MUCH better job of advocating?

Reactions: sarasotan
Uh.....what is so hard to understand?

The other three got more votes for the endorsement.

Next question?

I wanted DemLion elected as much as anybody.......and - as I and others pointed out MANY times on this board - everyone who posts on this board, anyone with any concern wrt PSU had the ability to sign up and vote in that "endorsement primary".....and several folks practically begged people to participate.
I assume you did just that......but, unfortunately, the total numbers were just a bit shy of what was needed to achieve the task. It is always difficult to replace an incumbent - - - whether it is in the US Congress or the PSU BOT. Dem gave it a hell of a shot - - - and, I believe, will take a seat if he opts to run again next year.

There are definitely elected seats that need to be "upgraded" - - - either by replacing folks with those who will do a better job, or by "persuading" those already in the seats to become MUCH, MUCH, MUCH stronger advocates........it is up to all of us to make that happen.

Did I say we need to do a MUCH better job of advocating?

I think we can both agree number of votes isn't necessarily the best method to select our candidates.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT