ADVERTISEMENT

Draft coverage

harbest

Sep 26, 2001
What is with the idiocy of showing people here at the draft and at games who look more like clowns than fans? I just don’t understand how a normal human being could embarrass themselves like that. I used to wonder about our “Big Uglies” until I read the article about them in BWI. I can’t believe these other people making asses and complete fools of themselves. Are they that desperate for attention?

What is with the idiocy of showing people here at the draft and at games who look more like clowns than fans? I just don’t understand how a normal human being could embarrass themselves like that. I used to wonder about our “Big Uglies” until I read the article about them in BWI. I can’t believe these other people making asses and complete fools of themselves. Are they that desperate for attention?
They look ridiculous.

In a world drowning with proliferating Social Media Options which are saturated with endless selfies and a nation drowning in political theatrical clowns you need to ask this question❓

Foolishism, it is our national religion. Is it not?

Last edited:
Reactions: harbest
It's just people cutting loose and having a good time. It's genius on the NFLs part. They have monetized something that used to draw a ballroom full of people and now has 100k+ showing up, spending money (hotels, dining, travel)

I used to go to quite a bit of concerts and festivals and it looks like a similar atmosphere. I've aged out of going at the rate I once did, but it just seems like the old man yelling at the clouds to denigrate people for dressing up and enjoying it.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
Rich Eisen turned the NFL Network broadcast into a Michigan Wolverine pep rally. He had an orgasm when Blake Corum was finally drafted. It got so bad I actually muted the TV for a couple of minutes.

In a.world drowning with proliferating Social Media Options which are saturated with endless selfies and a nation drowning in political theatrical clowns you need to ask this question❓

Foolishism, it is our national religion. Is it not?
Only for half the country, which doesn’t seem to be drowned yet, because you keep voting for it.

Reactions: 91Joe95
Rich Eisen turned the NFL Network broadcast into a Michigan Wolverine pep rally. He had an orgasm when Blake Corum was finally drafted. It got so bad I actually muted the TV for a couple of minutes.
I guess they earned all of their accolades but - and I hate admitting this - Harbaugh was the best coach in the B1G and top 2 or 3 in the country. They'll have a huge drop off - especially on offense - with all of these draft picks.

This kind of reminds me of their NC in 1997. They had some super players and then disappeared for 20+ years and their recruiting is really substandard coming off a NC. I look for OSU, Oregon, USC and PSU to be at the top of in the B1G in the future

I guess they earned all of their accolades but - and I hate admitting this - Harbaugh was the best coach in the B1G and top 2 or 3 in the country. They'll have a huge drop off - especially on offense - with all of these draft picks.

This kind of reminds me of their NC in 1997. They had some super players and then disappeared for 20+ years and their recruiting is really substandard coming off a NC. I look for OSU, Oregon, USC and PSU to be at the top of in the B1G in the future
It’s amazing how the whole cheating scandal is now completely ignored by the media like it never happened.

Watching the draft is your issue. Not the fans.

This is about the least exciting event in all of sports and here you are, watching it.

1000s of articles now on draft grades, only to be completely changed in 3 years when it matters.

Although I am a Cowboys’ fan NO ONE talked longer than Drew Pearson a few years ago. I kept saying shut the hell up and make the pick already.

Come on now. Lighten up a bit. I am not a Cowboys fan. That said, the Drew Pearson speech which was basically smack talk, was hilarious! It was very similar to the WWE where the wrestlers and their cohorts use the microphone to make outlandish comments about their opponent.

There is nothing bad about having a little fun.

Reactions: 91Joe95

This is about the least exciting event in all of sports and here you are, watching it.

1000s of articles now on draft grades, only to be completely changed in 3 years when it matters.
Not sure how you can claim "it's about the least exciting event in all of sports" when it's literally the only opportunity for many fan bases to even have optimism. Ratings are what they are because people like to see where guys they rooted for in college go and what their team does to improve. You finding it boring is on you.

Come on now. Lighten up a bit. I am not a Cowboys fan. That said, the Drew Pearson speech which was basically smack talk, was hilarious! It was very similar to the WWE where the wrestlers and their cohorts use the microphone to make outlandish comments about their opponent.

Pearson talked three times longer than needed. People want to see the picks not the other stuff

I have seen less than ten minutes since it started. Horrible.

Am watching a movie on USA with Jessica Alba while doing my workout! Far more exciting !😻🥰😘

Reactions: LionDeNittany
Not sure how you can claim "it's about the least exciting event in all of sports" when it's literally the only opportunity for many fan bases to even have optimism. Ratings are what they are because people like to see where guys they rooted for in college go and what their team does to improve. You finding it boring is on you.

Oh it is boring.
Most boring event in all sports.

It's just people cutting loose and having a good time. It's genius on the NFLs part. They have monetized something that used to draw a ballroom full of people and now has 100k+ showing up, spending money (hotels, dining, travel)

I used to go to quite a bit of concerts and festivals and it looks like a similar atmosphere. I've aged out of going at the rate I once did, but it just seems like the old man yelling at the clouds to denigrate people for dressing up and enjoying it.
I recommend attending the NHL draft. I’ve been to several. Two in Pittsburgh were great. I sat behind Bobby Orr at the Igloo in 1997 and he graciously autographed a puck for me. Also got to meet the one and only Darius Kasparaitis. Got to skate with my daughter on artificial ice at the outdoor rink set up at the draft at the new arena in 2012. The draft in Columbus was probably the best. Philadelphia was the worst. It felt like they mailed it in compared to the big events at the other NHL cities.

I have seen less than ten minutes since it started. Horrible.

Am watching a movie on USA with Jessica Alba while doing my workout! Far more exciting !😻🥰😘

Only time I watched the draft Courtney and LaVar went 1 and 2. Then I turned it off since then.

I can't think of any other event where the only action, if you can call it that, is 15 minutes apart and people sit there like trained chimps clapping hysterically.

LdN

The best recruit for the Steelers since TJ Watt is clearly Omar Kahn. He is doing a spectacular job rebuilding the Steelers and keeping Tomlin away from personnel decisions. If Kahn would have been in place two years ago, Tomlin would have been prevented from picking no-talent, useless Pickett in the first round.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
The best recruit for the Steelers since TJ Watt is clearly Omar Kahn. He is doing a spectacular job rebuilding the Steelers and keeping Tomlin away from personnel decisions. If Kahn would have been in place two years ago, Tomlin would have been prevented from picking no-talent, useless Pickett in the first round.
Yep, didn’t draft any Pitt players because they hung around the practice field. Or any younger brother of a current player. Or someone that just maybe can play center even though they never did.

The last two drafts have been great. Something is different 🤷

Yep, didn’t draft any Pitt players because they hung around the practice field. Or any younger brother of a current player. Or someone that just maybe can play center even though they never did.

The last two drafts have been great. Something is different 🤷
This is one of the reasons NFL and NHL are so much better than MLB. The draft is important and if you’re good at it, regardless of how big your city is or how much money the owner has, you can build a bad team into a good team in a reasonable amount of time. If you like competition, NFL and NHL are the sports for you. If you like rigged systems that are little more than Globetrotters vs Washington Generals, welcome to MLB and, sadly, college football.

• Haha
Reactions: EPC FAN

Didn’t have a problem with the smack talk just that he didn’t know when to get off the stage.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT