ADVERTISEMENT

Durham’s Report Should Outrage the Left

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
Operative word, "should." This isn't your grandfathers democratic party now. The majority of democrats have become extremists. There was a time when there was near universal agreement that drag queens were inappropriate in elementary schools. Now the extremist dogma is not only that they are entirely appropriate, but in fact, necessary...........

https://compactmag.com/article/durham-s-report-should-outrage-the-left

Of course, none of this matters. We have entered an age of hallucinatory politics in which conclusions precede evidence. No amount of documentation showing an FBI campaign against Trump will break the spell of Trump Derangement Syndrome.

One wonders why Strzok harbored such hostility toward Trump. Part of it no doubt is that by the time Crossfire Hurricane was launched, Trump had been speaking to ever-larger crowds about his desire to dismantle and upend the American-centered world order that had been erected upon the political rubble of World War II. McCabe and Strzok were just being themselves, conservative leaders of the establishment.

“Election interference by intelligence agencies threatens the end of democracy.”

As a man of the left, I appreciate Trump’s chaotic anti-imperialist foreign policy and have explained as much in these pages. I don’t agree with most of his economic, environmental, or immigration policies. Regardless, none of that makes me support FBI election-tampering. Leftists should remember that Strzok and Page expressed just as much antipathy for Sanders as they reserved for Trump. If election subversion against Trump is tolerated, it will be practiced against left-wing candidates, as well. Election interference by intelligence agencies threatens the end of democracy. It must not be tolerated.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News