ADVERTISEMENT

Eagles-Seahawks

This isn't the worst result for the Eagles. They'll learn quite a bit from this game and in all likelihood if the teams meet again, it will be in Philly in January.

The Eagles are still pretty young and inexperienced compared to Seattle. The game pretty much played out like that.

This reminded me of the 1992 Cowboys @ Eagles game on MNF. The Eagles made a few plays and boat raced the Cowboys 31-7. Dallas learned a lot that game and beat the Eagles two more times that season on their way to 3 Super Bowl titles.

I'm not saying this Eagles team will be the 90s Cowboys in terms of success, but the run of play reminds me of that game. The Eagles have a real chance to leverage it to their advantage.

Reactions: LBCnova
Really wish the beagles would have just unloaded on wilson early.. seattle did him dirty back to back and he struggled for awhile to recover. Rip Wilson's head off, take the 15 and laugh just as the seattle defender did when he cheaped Wentz.

Laugh in their face and let them know we will hit back.

Eagles did not and you see the result.
Yeah they should try to hurt other players.

Sorry folks but the Eagles have been feasting on crap teams all year. Their record against teams with any kind of pulse is 1-2. They also are 6-0 at home. If they don't get home field against Minn they are toast.

Sorry folks but the Eagles have been feasting on crap teams all year. Their record against teams with any kind of pulse is 1-2. They also are 6-0 at home. If they don't get home field against Minn they are toast.

They should just quit and regroup next season.

:(

Reactions: KnightSlayer

Thanks for your input.

Really wish the beagles would have just unloaded on wilson early.. seattle did him dirty back to back and he struggled for awhile to recover. Rip Wilson's head off, take the 15 and laugh just as the seattle defender did when he cheaped Wentz.

Laugh in their face and let them know we will hit back.

Eagles did not and you see the result.
This is not 1970’s hockey, so no thank you.

I thought the Eagles gameplay was poor. Looked like they had thehandcuffs on Wentz with their first half playcalling. Too many runs and way too many 3 yard pass plays. Absolutely nothing that stretched the defense.

That being said, thought the refs called a few too many holds/pass interference on the eagles

Wilson presents a serious problem for most teams. The Eagles actually got penetration on multiple occasions but could not catch Wilson in the backfield, he's simply too fast for Linemen and Linebackers. Also, when the Eagles defense over pursued Wilson the Seahawk WR's came back to him. Very difficult to defend. I thought I heard one announcer say that Wilson has 4.5 speed, if true there are some safeties that couldn't catch him.

Wilson presents a serious problem for most teams. The Eagles actually got penetration on multiple occasions but could not catch Wilson in the backfield, he's simply too fast for Linemen and Linebackers. Also, when the Eagles defense over pursued Wilson the Seahawk WR's came back to him. Very difficult to defend. I thought I heard one announcer say that Wilson has 4.5 speed, if true there are some safeties that couldn't catch him.

Made even more difficult to catch him when the Eagles DL were being held on virtually every play.

Reactions: N&B4PSU
This is not 1970’s hockey, so no thank you.
No different than baseball. You throw at our best player's head twice you can bet we're throwing back at yours.

You don't stand up, you go down.

The back to back hits on Wentz clearly affected him in the first half (and i'd wager had a lot to do with us not going for it on 4th and inches at midfield... leaving everyone baffled).

Am I looking for the old time NHL to break out? No. But this is an incredibly physical game and if you back down from a clear challenge, it sends a message.. to both sides.

Curious... is there targeting in NFL?

Thought so, but after last night's hit on the sliding wentz, I'm left to wonder. Replays clearly showed helmet to helmet while Wentz is on the ground (let's just skip over the shoulder to Sternum lol)... in college, McDougald (think it was him) is gone...

I've spoken with 3 who saw it and thought the same, but i'm not reading much about it here or elsewhere, so maybe I'm over-reating or maybe there is no ejection mode in that case.

TIA if anyone knows the deal.
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/194861/bradley-mcdougald

Meanwhile, Jared Goff and the Rams won again. 9-3. Don't go handing that MVP trophy to Wentz (or Brady) just yet...

Curious... is there targeting in NFL?

Thought so, but after last night's hit on the sliding wentz, I'm left to wonder. Replays clearly showed helmet to helmet while Wentz is on the ground (let's just skip over the shoulder to Sternum lol)... in college, McDougald (think it was him) is gone...

I've spoken with 3 who saw it and thought the same, but i'm not reading much about it here or elsewhere, so maybe I'm over-reating or maybe there is no ejection mode in that case.

TIA if anyone knows the deal.

If anyone saw it, Gronk's hit on the Bills player was one of the worst I've seen. If that doesn't deserve a suspension, I don't know what does.

Reactions: N&B4PSU
If anyone saw it, Gronk's hit on the Bills player was one of the worst I've seen. If that doesn't deserve a suspension, I don't know what does.

That was one for the ages. You almost want to take him into the tent and collect a urine sample on the spot. Just hard to put what he did into any kind of perspective.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT