ADVERTISEMENT

Ellison Jordan

Agree. I enjoyed it more when you didn't know who the new players were until you went to the first game and read the roster. And you didn't know how good they were until they got on the field.

Heck, it was even more fun before the days of the LOI (pre 1964) when coaches didn't know who would be in their incoming class until they showed up in the Fall. Now, could you imagine a combination of that and these message boards?

Agree. I enjoyed it more when you didn't know who the new players were until you went to the first game and read the roster. And you didn't know how good they were until they got on the field.

What are you talking about? Nothing beats sitting with my pappy listening to the game on a transistor radio.

Well, there is a pretty simple way for you to get your enjoyment back. Just have to be a little selective on what you choose to view/read.

Reactions: BBrown
Ronald A. Smith - 2016 - ‎Education
It is certainly possible that the noted Pittsburgh Pirates and Steelers announcer Bob Prince used the term Happy Valley while announcing Penn State football ...

When you have grown men, myself included, who spend a good amount of time on message boards (and those who actually communicate with them directly via social media) discussing players and recruits, and putting everything they write here to discuss and obsess over, I think gives them the agency to get things off their chest. It's easier than ever before to do with twitter, Instagram, FB, etc.

As long as we’re hating on Penn State and Franklin with nothing but mere speculation to back it up, I’m good with it.

As long as we’re hating on Penn State and Franklin with nothing but mere speculation to back it up, I’m good with it.

giphy.gif

I'll take a crack at an explanation...when you're injured things don't always go the way you would like them to go, and infections are common after surgery. Now stop trying to place the blame on others as you clearly have had issues with being injured starting in HS.
Steven's had a second surgery after Penn State doctors flubbed the first one. It must be a top notch staff there. I believe Dr. Sebatianelli is back. He is a top notch Doctor. We seem to have a lot of internal issues.

Steven's had a second surgery after Penn State doctors flubbed the first one. It must be a top notch staff there. I believe Dr. Sebatianelli is back. He is a top notch Doctor. We seem to have a lot of internal issues.
Penn State Football is a veritable cesspool.

Is there evidence of this or just assumption on why a guy who is always injured had to have another surgery?

Don’t post 5,581 times on a PSU football message board then??

https://247sports.com/college/penn-...ng-to-Nittany-Lions-injury-history-132967657/

DT Jordan not returning to Penn State
BySEAN FITZ 6 hours ago

Penn State defensive tackle Ellison Jordan will not be returning to the Nittany Lions. The Maryland native was set to be a redshirt junior this season but has dealt with injuries since the end of his redshirt freshman season.

Jordan suffered a debilitating kneecap injury during bowl practice ahead of the Fiesta Bowl in 2017. His rehab hit several roadblocks and he did not play after week three last season as he underwent a few surgeries. He also arrived at Penn State with a torn ACL and had surgery before his true freshman season. In addition, Jordan has admitted that he has had bouts of depression while dealing with the situation.

The 6-foot, 291-pound Jordan recorded two tackles and a sack last year and was a major component of a play that resulted in a safety against Pittsburgh at Heinz Field in September. He played in seven games as a redshirt freshman in 2017 and recorded nine tackles and a half-sack.

A high-motor prospect coming out of Gilman School in Baltimore in the Class of 2016, Jordan was one of the most productive defensive linemen in Maryland high school history. He was an Under Armour All-American and a two-time consensus all-state selection. Jordan was also named the 2015 Maryland state defensive player of the year. He set the Gilman School record with 52 career sacks.

He was a four-star prospect by the 247Sports Composite rankings and the nation's No. 20 defensive tackle. He checked in at No. 180 overall and was the No. 6 player in Maryland in the Class of 2016. He was rated by 247Sports as a three-star prospect and the No. 40 defensive tackle nationally.

Jordan would have been a bit of a wild card for the Nittany Lions at defensive tackle this season. Repeated setbacks in his recovery meant that he was not penciled into the depth chart ahead of the 2019 season.

He still intends to play football after departing Penn State. He has not entered his name into the NCAA Transfer Portal, per a source.

Reactions: NedFromYork
LOL Who the hell are you to tell me what to do? I'll post as much as i want. None of my posts are about recruits.

Well if none of your posts are about recruits then you're all set- you won't know anything about the new players until you read the roster

Just the facts..... each can make of them what they will:

As many know, Wayne Sebastianelli (sp) was the long-time PSU Head Honcho for Football related medical stuff (What his exact title was at that time, IDK)

Sebastianelli was purged out from that spot in 2014-ish.... maybe a bit earlier than that (by Fester, before Babs came in.... IIRC). Many felt there was some animosity between Fester and Sebastianelli…. I couldn't say for sure.

Anyway, I THINK Sebastianelli stayed on as a PSU employee, just not the head honcho for Sports Medicine and taking care of the football team's needs.

Scott Lynch took over the head role for Sports Medicine back in 2014.
He was/is an Ortho down at PSU Hershey. He is the guy who would be in charge of the treatment for injuries like the ones suffered by TStevens, JShorter, and EJordan. (and others).
Whether he did the actual surgeries or not... with his hands? IDK. But he is/was most certainly the guy making the $$$$ to be in charge of those procedures and treatments.
And that stuff... Ortho, Joints, etc... that is his gig.

Just recently, Lynch was relieved of those duties, and Sebastianelli was reinserted to the Sports Medicine gig. (Lynch will still be down at Hershey.... and the transition was labelled as Lynch needing to spend more time wrt his duties at HMC).
That all happened just in the last few months.

Any of that shit related? Who knows... make of that what you will.

I thought Wayne Sebastianelli was pretty much fired by Uncle Fester and he went to The Steelers for a couple years?

Is there evidence of this or just assumption on why a guy who is always injured had to have another surgery?
Is there evidence on Tommy having been "always injured", or was it just the one injury dragged out over a long period, perhaps according to that poster's statement?

Is there evidence on Tommy having been "always injured", or was it just the one injury dragged out over a long period, perhaps according to that poster's statement?

It’s the same injury that apparently wasn’t handled correctly the first time and needed surgery to repair the second time.

It’s the same injury that apparently wasn’t handled correctly the first time and needed surgery to repair the second time.

What was the proper way to handle the injury?

Can you explain why players all over the country with some of the best doctors retire due to medical reasons? Did their doctors not handle the injuries properly?

Do you think every injury heals exactly the same or responds to the same exact treatment?

What was the proper way to handle the injury?

Can you explain why players all over the country with some of the best doctors retire due to medical reasons? Did their doctors not handle the injuries properly?

Do you think every injury heals exactly the same or responds to the same exact treatment?
Tuff to tell. Don't deal with this on playstation.

There are many factors why a player does not recover from an injury. Improper medical treatment to begin with is one factor. Many other factors such as not letting it heal before playing, not following through with rehab. program, not taking care of body causing it reinjury, and so on. It is not entirely the doctor, although part of the time it is indeed possible. Some injuries require that the player must quit the sport. Players are stubborn this however contrary to advice from coaches and medical professionals. Hoping Ellison takes care of his health and graduates. Put FB off for a while!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT