ADVERTISEMENT

Erickson's Notebook Reveals Deceptions, Possible Crimes

Therein lies the problem. The standards of proof you bandy about are used in a court of law. Freeh was not and is not a court of law. He was hired in a private capacity and in a grandstanding press conference accused several people of criminal acts. But I'll play your game and refer to the standards of proof you're playing with. To the best of my knowledge the standard of proof in a civil case is a preponderance of the evidence. In a criminal case it's proof beyond a reasonable doubt. Freeh accused people of criminal conduct yet he (and you apparently) is trying to use the civil standard of proof to show he's right. That's pretty dumb for a guy who is/was a judge. Maybe he'll explain his reasoning when he fulfills his promise and arrives on the Penn State campus to answer questions.

But Freeh even fails to meet that standard.

It's such a complete failure in that regard that I'm sincerely curious if the author of the conclusions/executive summary was prevented from having any contact with the author of the 267-page report.

Reactions: simons96
1. I'm a singular individual.
2. There's no need for name calling (unless your position is weak, so I can understand why you're doing it).
3. Even Ken Frazier disagrees with you.
Reference 3. above.....
Ken Frazier disagrees with people who wear hats that look like yours.....

But Freeh even fails to meet that standard.

It's such a complete failure in that regard that I'm sincerely curious if the author of the conclusions/executive summary was prevented from having any contact with the author of the 267-page report.
Also in a civil case the defendant has an opportunity to rebut and present evidence. That did not occur with Freeh. He refused to interview Joe before he died then subsequently lied about it (trying to claim that Paterno refused to be interviewed which was contradicted by his own report). He also only grudgingly agreed to interview Spanier at the 11th hour after the report had already essentially been written.

How does this possible meet the preponderance of evidence standard?

I think you need to go read the Freeh report!

But seriously, to me, pretending to investigate and then not actually doing anything other than telling TSM (who would never tell anybody else) is under the umbrella of "covering up", although I understand some feel otherwise.

I've never understood this line of thinking. I guess how this goes is that CSS were scared of what might happen if word about what MM saw got out. But they also didn't want to get in trouble for not reporting. So, part of their cover up was to go to Raykovitz -- giving them plausible deniability w.r.t. not reporting -- but also feeling certain that he would keep quiet. CSS apparently knew they could ignore that Raykovitz had gone through many years of hard work to earn a PhD and had dedicated his life to helping children. (That was probably just a facade like Paterno's...) CSS apparently knew that Raykovitz was bringing in big $$ with TSM and that he would put keeping that sweet gig ahead of the welfare of the children in his care.

If you can't see this part of CSS's sinister plan, you're just naive... I mean, think about how hard it is to find work with just a PhD. Just look at how far Raykovitz has fallen. Oh, that's right. He's still got his private practice.

Seriously, it seems to me you need to have either a strong bias against CSS or a very dim view of humanity to make this argument.

Reactions: MichaelJackSchmidt
I've never understood this line of thinking. I guess how this goes is that CSS were scared of what might happen if word about what MM saw got out. But they also didn't want to get in trouble for not reporting. So, part of their cover up was to go to Raykovitz -- giving them plausible deniability w.r.t. not reporting -- but also feeling certain that he would keep quiet. CSS apparently knew they could ignore that Raykovitz had gone through many years of hard work to earn a PhD and had dedicated his life to helping children. (That was probably just a facade like Paterno's...) CSS apparently knew that Raykovitz was bringing in big $$ with TSM and that he would put keeping that sweet gig ahead of the welfare of the children in his care.

If you can't see this part of CSS's sinister plan, you're just naive... I mean, think about how hard it is to find work with just a PhD. Just look at how far Raykovitz has fallen. Oh, that's right. He's still got his private practice.

Seriously, it seems to me you need to have either a strong bias against CSS or a very dim view of humanity to make this argument.

the first rule of any conspiracy is to involve as many outsiders as you can, especially if you are not absolutely certain they will do exactly what you suspect they might.

the second rule, of course, is never to tell your only witness to keep his mouth shut

To all of this I would answer "Freeh was required to work with the prosecution and make sure that he didn't report anything or do anything which would jeopardize the criminal cases". This is also a valid answer to "why didn't he interview [XX]".
th

As expected.......the circle jerk from TOS has begun to take root. Don't try and debate with it......it only gives it encouragement.

dumbass wasn't such a tool in college. I don't know what happened.

Its hard to believe that this butt pirate (mdahmus) is an alum. He is either a paid sham or very, very gullible/stupid. I am not trying to defend anyone here but man, mdahmus, u just take the cake. There is a reason why no other alumni are accepting this report.. but are trying their best to expose this joke of a report for what it is. The only so called 'alumni' who are trying to 'move-on' and completely accept the report are those exact same arse clowns who have something to hide. Mdahmus, you clearly don't care for the truth.. you clearly dont care for your alma mater.. and you sure as hell don't care for those children. Please take your act somewhere else, its getting old.

P.S - If you actually care for the truth.. then start your own research just like the Paterno's et al, Ray and all the other alumni who are putting in their own hard earned money to contribute in some way or the other to get to the truth. If not, then GTFO... For some reason, I have a feeling you are not going to do it.

Reactions: MichaelJackSchmidt
the first rule of any conspiracy is to involve as many outsiders as you can, especially if you are not absolutely certain they will do exactly what you suspect they might.

the second rule, of course, is never to tell your only witness to keep his mouth shut

:D

Also, aside from telling the world, Joe had an iron-clad plan to cover up for sandusky considering that Drs. McQueary and Dranov, two people Joe was not close to, had heard from Mike McQueary 12 hours before Joe learned about the incident.

Its hard to believe that this butt pirate (mdahmus) is an alum. He is either a paid sham or very, very gullible/stupid. I am not trying to defend anyone here but man, mdahmus, u just take the cake. There is a reason why no other alumni are accepting this report.. but are trying their best to expose this joke of a report for what it is. The only so called 'alumni' who are trying to 'move-on' and completely accept the report are those exact same arse clowns who have something to hide. Mdahmus, you clearly don't care for the truth.. you clearly dont care for your alma mater.. and you sure as hell don't care for those children. Please take your act somewhere else, its getting old.

P.S - If you actually care for the truth.. then start your own research just like the Paterno's et al, Ray and all the other alumni who are putting in their own hard earned money to contribute in some way or the other to get to the truth. If not, then GTFO... For some reason, I have a feeling you are not going to do it.

It's been said that dumbass makes a living trolling on the interwebs. I guess that's just his thing. That and maybe he has his head firmly planted up the old-guard trustees' asses. (Would he have to take that stupid hat off first?)

dumbass comes off as someone who would support upward state.

Perhaps it's an imposter?

I doubt it. He was smarmy in college and had an "I think I'm the smartest guy in the room" way about him, but he's taken it to the extreme on the interwebs. I see some resemblance in behavior, but he wasn't such a tool in college. We also didn't have the interwebs back then.

Also in a civil case the defendant has an opportunity to rebut and present evidence. That did not occur with Freeh. He refused to interview Joe before he died then subsequently lied about it (trying to claim that Paterno refused to be interviewed which was contradicted by his own report). He also only grudgingly agreed to interview Spanier at the 11th hour after the report had already essentially been written.

How does this possible meet the preponderance of evidence standard?
Freeh only grudgingly agreed to interview Spanier at the 11th hour? Is this accurate? I know it happened late, but recall it was Spanier who refused to speak to Freeh until late. Spanier was even suing Penn State to try to get access to the emails before speaking to Freeh.

Freeh only grudgingly agreed to interview Spanier at the 11th hour? Is this accurate? I know it happened late, but recall it was Spanier who refused to speak to Freeh until late. Spanier was even suing Penn State to try to get access to the emails before speaking to Freeh.

"113. Prior to meeting with Freeh, Dr. Spanier originally thought that Freeh and FSS had been retained to conduct what he believed and expected to be a good faith and independent investigation of the Sandusky scandal. Having nothing to hide and quite anxious to help to the investigation, Dr. Spanier and his attorneys reached out to Freeh’s investigative team, and Dr. Spanier was quite eager to be interviewed as part of the investigation. Freeh and his investigators delayed interviewing Dr. Spanier, saying he would be the last person to be interviewed."

http://freehreport.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/1-Complaint-in-Spanier-v.-Freeh-and-Penn-State.pdf

Therein lies the problem. The standards of proof you bandy about are used in a court of law. Freeh was not and is not a court of law. He was hired in a private capacity and in a grandstanding press conference accused several people of criminal acts. But I'll play your game and refer to the standards of proof you're playing with. To the best of my knowledge the standard of proof in a civil case is a preponderance of the evidence. In a criminal case it's proof beyond a reasonable doubt. Freeh accused people of criminal conduct yet he (and you apparently) is trying to use the civil standard of proof to show he's right. That's pretty dumb for a guy who is/was a judge. Maybe he'll explain his reasoning when he fulfills his promise and arrives on the Penn State campus to answer questions.

No, you're completely wrong here. Freeh doesn't have the power to bring criminal charges. The state does, and did. You can say he 'accused people of criminal conduct' all you want, but that's not relevant - OJ's civil trial did that in the exact same way, and still used the preponderance of evidence standard (and note that Freeh's report isn't even a civil trial - I just said the standard could be no higher than a civil trial).

"113. Prior to meeting with Freeh, Dr. Spanier originally thought that Freeh and FSS had been retained to conduct what he believed and expected to be a good faith and independent investigation of the Sandusky scandal. Having nothing to hide and quite anxious to help to the investigation, Dr. Spanier and his attorneys reached out to Freeh’s investigative team, and Dr. Spanier was quite eager to be interviewed as part of the investigation. Freeh and his investigators delayed interviewing Dr. Spanier, saying he would be the last person to be interviewed."

http://freehreport.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/1-Complaint-in-Spanier-v.-Freeh-and-Penn-State.pdf

That doesn't change the fact that Spanier didn't want to talk to Freeh originally - the original poster is right. Spanier's team is spinning like a top in this paragraph; that's not how it actually went down.

Reactions: RentechCEO
There is a reason why no other alumni are accepting this report.. but are trying their best to expose this joke of a report for what it is.

Most of the PSU alums I know on the internet from the old days have given up on arguing with you guys, but definitely do not believe you're doing good work here. I'm frustrated that they don't argue back, because I think y'all's capacity to misinform people is greater than they think it is, but I'm far from alone.

Reactions: RentechCEO
Most of the PSU alums I know on the internet from the old days have given up on arguing with you guys, but definitely do not believe you're doing good work here. I'm frustrated that they don't argue back, because I think y'all's capacity to misinform people is greater than they think it is, but I'm far from alone.
th

I'm always happy to engage your imaginary friends in a thoughtful discussion.

Your recollection is wrong.

No, you're completely wrong here. Freeh doesn't have the power to bring criminal charges. The state does, and did. You can say he 'accused people of criminal conduct' all you want, but that's not relevant - OJ's civil trial did that in the exact same way, and still used the preponderance of evidence standard (and note that Freeh's report isn't even a civil trial - I just said the standard could be no higher than a civil trial).
The fact you say I'm wrong makes me feel good about what I wrote. I never said Freeh had the power to bring criminal charges but he did publicly accuse people of engaging in criminal conduct based on slim email evidence. That is relevant and I find it funny how you simply dismiss facts which don't suit you. Hey, are you Louis Freeh?? And if you know anything about the OJ trial you should also know there was more evidence than just a couple emails. It's weird how on one hand you point out Freeh doesn't have the power to bring criminal charges and that his report isn't even a civil trial. One the other hand you ramble on about standards of proof which only apply to criminal charges and civil trials. Freeh wasn't bound by any standard of proof and he took full advantage of that to arrive at his "reasonable conclusions". The evidence supporting those conclusions was so thin someone else could have used Freeh's "evidence" and interpreted it in a totally different way which could also have been considered reasonable.

Your recollection is wrong.
what is wrong? Spanier contacted Freeh in April 2012 and said he would speak with him only with the condition that he reviews retrieved emails in advance. Spanier subsequently sued PSU in May 2012

what is wrong? Spanier contacted Freeh in April 2012 and said he would speak with him only with the condition that he reviews retrieved emails in advance. Spanier subsequently sued PSU in May 2012

Have to admit my recollection is a little fuzzy on this, but why would Spanier sue prior to release of Freeh report?

The fact you say I'm wrong makes me feel good about what I wrote. I never said Freeh had the power to bring criminal charges but he did publicly accuse people of engaging in criminal conduct based on slim email evidence. That is relevant and I find it funny how you simply dismiss facts which don't suit you. Hey, are you Louis Freeh?? And if you know anything about the OJ trial you should also know there was more evidence than just a couple emails. It's weird how on one hand you point out Freeh doesn't have the power to bring criminal charges and that his report isn't even a civil trial. One the other hand you ramble on about standards of proof which only apply to criminal charges and civil trials. Freeh wasn't bound by any standard of proof and he took full advantage of that to arrive at his "reasonable conclusions". The evidence supporting those conclusions was so thin someone else could have used Freeh's "evidence" and interpreted it in a totally different way which could also have been considered reasonable.

Ramble. Ha. Look at the paragraph above.

The point is y'all are trying to establish 'reasonable doubt' by attacking things like the formatting of emails. That's ridiculous and absurd. Freeh was not asked to produce a criminal case for a court of law. Whether or not you think he should have, that's not what he was tasked to do, and it's not what any other BOT in the world would have tasked him to do either.

He was tasked to investigate "what happened at our school" and he did just that. Complaining that he didn't investigate any hypothetical failures at CYS is likewise bullshit. He wasn't asked to do that, and had no power to anyways.

Have to admit my recollection is a little fuzzy on this, but why would Spanier sue prior to release of Freeh report?
He was suing PSU to get access to the emails recovered. Said it would help him refresh his memory and properly prepare for the interview. PSU would not release the emails to Spanier, as directed by the OAG because of its continuing investigation

The point is y'all are trying to establish 'reasonable doubt' by attacking things like the formatting of emails. That's ridiculous and absurd. Freeh was not asked to produce a criminal case for a court of law. Whether or not you think he should have, that's not what he was tasked to do, and it's not what any other BOT in the world would have tasked him to do either.

He was tasked to investigate "what happened at our school" and he did just that. Complaining that he didn't investigate any hypothetical failures at CYS is likewise bullshit. He wasn't asked to do that, and had no power to anyways.

You wrote:
" I know it happened late, but recall it was Spanier who refused to speak to Freeh until late."

That's not correct.

Reactions: mbahses

Fact: the emails don't say anything about McQueary reporting a child being molested
Fact: the emails don't say anything about covering up anything
Fact: the emails don't contradict any c/s/s testimony about the events of 2001

Reasonable conclusion: Louis Freeh is full of shit

To all of this I would answer "Freeh was required to work with the prosecution and make sure that he didn't report anything or do anything which would jeopardize the criminal cases". This is also a valid answer to "why didn't he interview [XX]".

He was suing PSU to get access to the emails recovered. Said it would help him refresh his memory and properly prepare for the interview. PSU would not release the emails to Spanier, as directed by the OAG because of its continuing investigation

If you're going to be interviewed about the content of an email message you wrote a decade earlier is it unreasonable to ask to read the email message?

You wrote:
" I know it happened late, but recall it was Spanier who refused to speak to Freeh until late."

That's not correct.
Ok, Spanier finally agreed to speak to Freeh without the condition of access and review of the emails. That was sometime after May 2012

I'm not trying to establish reasonable doubt for anything and I've never mentioned email formatting or CYS. I've never claimed Freeh was hired to produce a criminal case but the fact remains he publicly accused people of criminal conduct. Why the hell would he do that if that wasn't his job?? Maybe because his job was to deflect blame from the people who hired him??

Reactions: Aoshiro
That doesn't change the fact that Spanier didn't want to talk to Freeh originally - the original poster is right. Spanier's team is spinning like a top in this paragraph; that's not how it actually went down.
You and Lundy are correct. Spanier wanted to see those emails before he talked to Freeh. Coordination.

Ok, Spanier finally agreed to speak to Freeh without the condition of access and review of the emails. That was sometime after May 2012

Spanier DID NOT "refuse" to talk to Freeh. He ASKED to talk to Freeh. He quite rightly wanted to see the email messages they were going to discuss.

It is just completely dishonest to claim that Spainier "refused" to talk to Freeh.

Reactions: jjsocrates
:D

Also, aside from telling the world, Joe had an iron-clad plan to cover up for sandusky considering that Drs. McQueary and Dranov, two people Joe was not close to, had heard from Mike McQueary 12 hours before Joe learned about the incident.
Wasn't Dranov Joe's doctor? Didn't he sign Joe's death certificate?

Spanier DID NOT "refuse" to talk to Freeh. He ASKED to talk to Freeh. He quite rightly wanted to see the email messages they were going to discuss.

It is just completely dishonest to claim that Spainier "refused" to talk to Freeh.
He agreed to talk to Freeh IF he was given the emails. The agreement originally was conditional so it's not dishonest to say he refused to talk to Freeh.

If you're going to be interviewed about the content of an email message you wrote a decade earlier is it unreasonable to ask to read the email message?
Not its not unreasonable. I am simply responding to the original post that said Freeh grudgingly agreed to interview Spanier at the 11th hour after the report was written. Spanier could have spoken to him sooner, but required access to the emails. Ultimately, Spanier agreed to be interviewed without access to the emails. But, that was very late.

Freeh could and should have investigated and reported on BoT and PSU admin conflicts of interest with the Second Mile, if he were doing an honest report. He didn't. Do the math why. Your support of Freeh is comical.

Reactions: jjsocrates
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT