ADVERTISEMENT

Football ESPN FPI predicts Penn State Football's 2023 season

None of this matters as Jim and his BIG Blue death star will roll through the B1G on their way to the NC this year
What’s up Wolvie, having a creative blockade bad day? On the instigating trouble-O-meter, both this and that weak sauce post on the OSU player being indicted are well below your standards. Kick it up a notch or you’re out of the second party fandom claiming to be first party fandom while actually being a third party fandom member in dubious standing.

Yeah, I don't agree - at all - with that 11% BS. But, if you read all of the preseason predictions and forecasts, the B1G, and possibly the NC-playoffs goes through the OSU defense. If they can somehow field a decent-good defense this year, it will be awfully tough to beat those guys, A repeat of their horseshit defense of the last 3 to 4 years probably means that the B1G comes down to the PSU-Michigan game

The OSU offense has a part to play as well. Stroud was the #2 pick for a reason. I don't know that his replacement can play at that level and the level of drop off at QB will mean something.

The OL has holes, but how quick can they gel? RBs should be healthy, but do they return to form?

The defense got wore down by Michigan (sound familiar) and couldn't stop UGA late. If that's a dog shid defense, meh, sign me up.

The OSU offense has a part to play as well. Stroud was the #2 pick for a reason. I don't know that his replacement can play at that level and the level of drop off at QB will mean something.

The OL has holes, but how quick can they gel? RBs should be healthy, but do they return to form?

The defense got wore down by Michigan (sound familiar) and couldn't stop UGA late. If that's a dog shid defense, meh, sign me up.
It's dogshit defense and that's being kind. They've been drilled by just about everyone the last 3 or 4 years - not just Georgia and Michigan

It's going to be interesting. If Drew Allar is anywhere near his reported potential this is Penn State's best returning team in a long time. I'm basing it on reports from the likes of PFF that have top ten returning players in the RB,OL, DL,DB, and LB and 247 has Cephas as the 25th best returning WR. That's a lot of horsepower coming back. I didn't do any comparisons but I doubt there are many teams better than this on returning impact players

I am surprised they are that confident vs WVa. We have a new QB and it is the first game of the year. We could easily have a 3 to 5 turnover game. As @ram2020 stated, clearly tOSU is a favorite but also with a new QB, 11% seems pretty low. In fact, I'd give us better odds against UM than tOSU even though UM is home and tOSU is away. tOSU is always loaded with talent but have graduated a ton, including QB and 3 on their OL.
Because they look at what WVU has and doesn't have. 3 to 5 turnovers? Will WVU score at all? Time will tell...

Because they look at what WVU has and doesn't have. 3 to 5 turnovers? Will WVU score at all? Time will tell...

Well PSU was +11, and WVU -8, in Turnover Margin last year..... so there's that.

Not sure why we could easily turn it over "3 to 5 tmes" because it's our first game, but WVU wouldn't be likely to produce turnovers on the road against a likely Top 5 Ranked team, in one of the hardest places to play on the road against a top defense that produced 26 TOs last year (avg of 2 per game - WVU produced 10 TOs for season last year). PSU was 10th in the nation last year in TO Margin -- WVU.......... 119th.

Well PSU was +11, and WVU -8, in Turnover Margin last year..... so there's that.

Not sure why we could easily turn it over "3 to 5 tmes" because it's our first game, but WVU wouldn't be likely to produce turnovers on the road against a likely Top 5 Ranked team, in one of the hardest places to play on the road against a top defense that produced 26 TOs last year (avg of 2 per game - WVU produced 10 TOs for season last year). PSU was 10th in the nation last year in TO Margin -- WVU.......... 119th.
.. add how many players from WVU left the program...no confidence in their coach...

You are spot on... Apparently some on here think only that we have a new QB throwing to less experienced Wideouts...
Our running backs are going to regress our tight ends are going to regress... and our defense will be fossilized by a chemical spill in center county... Good Lord!

.. add how many players from WVU left the program...no confidence in their coach...

You are spot on... Apparently some on here think only that we have a new QB throwing to less experienced Wideouts...
Our running backs are going to regress our tight ends are going to regress... and our defense will be fossilized by a chemical spill in center county... Good Lord!

Dare I point out that WVU was 5-7 last year or that our record over our last 37 meetings is 34-2-1???

didn't he say something like it didn't count because our opponents weren't as good as he expected?

🤣🤣🤣
Yes and I believe he told his bookie that because of that, he really won those bets…I’m not sure how it worked out for him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT