ADVERTISEMENT

Extensive Barkley Interview

Nihilist Rodgers

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
SoCal
http://www.asapsports.com/show_conference.php?id=125693

Q. When it became a reality that you might be able to play here in the recruiting process, did you watch much of Penn State during the season? When you do that, are you at all focusing on the players that maybe one day you'll be playing with? What did you think about the product you saw? How did your opinions change, if at all?
SAQUON BARKLEY: Well, I'm from Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania. Penn State football is always on. I was more, like, an NFL fan when I was a little bit younger. Penn State football was always on. Like you couldn't miss it, to be honest.

With the recruiting process, just watching those guys, the guys who left, Hacks, A.J., guys like that, watching them, coming here for games, watching how they were able to keep this program alive, keep this program together, just made me want to come here so much more.

I remember watching the Michigan game my junior year in high school. I was amazed. Obviously they were spectacular athletes, Allen Robinson making plays for us. The fight that they had, they would never quit. That's what you want. That's the kind of program you want to play for.

This program is special. When the opportunity came, I talked to my family about it, got them to talk to Coach Franklin. When they got onboard, it was a no-brainer to come to this school. Grateful I'm able to play at a program such as Penn State.

Reactions: aferrelli
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News