ADVERTISEMENT

Face of GIA Message Board

Who best represents the overall character of the Hawk fan base?

• Ironbird

Votes: 22 42.3%
  • Slumlord Bob

Votes: 11 21.2%
  • Turk

Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Vodka

Votes: 10 19.2%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
In all honesty, that chief fellah seems a-ok to me.
Yeah chief is the shit and knows his shit. And he tends to be logical and rational so the normal egg heads stay away from him. Now trip on the other hand is an asshole of the first order and has his nose pushed so far up ironturds ass it even embarrass turk which is saying something

Jrod is my choice for the overall fan base, now if you are looking for the (significant) lunatic fringe then there are a couple choices.

I have been to two meets at Carver, and they lost both, but the majority of the fans I met were very reasonable

Jrod is my choice for the overall fan base, now if you are looking for the (significant) lunatic fringe then there are a couple choices.

I have been to two meets at Carver, and they lost both, but the majority of the fans I met were very reasonable
All Hawk fans are not GIA (HR) participating idiots.

Anyone have any details on this tampering rumor that Mineo posted about?
Willie said earlier this week, on the Basch podcast:
- Iowa offered Matt Ramos a bag, and he declined.
- Iowa initially wouldn't take Kyle Parco without Jacori Teemer, but eventually relented and took in only Parco.
- Iowa boards were talking up Jore Volk as a possible incoming transfer.

None of those 3 (Ramos, Teemer, or Volk) were ever in the portal. So the easy connect-the-dots answer says Purdue, Arizona State, and Wyoming likely were the 3 schools that went to the NCAA.

But that's just a guess -- Iowa (or at least their top donor/loose cannon Bob Nicolls) has probably tried to poach others as well.

Once enough time passes after the jealousy fiasco, my poll numbers will recover.

giphy.gif

Reactions: js8793
Exactly my point. And the main post is a bit misleading, first it says Faces of Gia, but then it asks who represents the Hawkeye fan base.

My answer is JRod is the overall fan base rep but Ironturd or others are the representatives of the majority of GIA
JRod is great and so is Mpchillin. I suspect they are a fair representation of the Hawk fanbase. El dub in my opinion is under rated. Couldn't stand him but i didn't really "get him" at first. Now that I do , he's enjoyable to follow.

Reactions: hlstone
Willie said earlier this week, on the Basch podcast:
- Iowa offered Matt Ramos a bag, and he declined.
- Iowa initially wouldn't take Kyle Parco without Jacori Teemer, but eventually relented and took in only Parco.
- Iowa boards were talking up Jore Volk as a possible incoming transfer.

None of those 3 (Ramos, Teemer, or Volk) were ever in the portal. So the easy connect-the-dots answer says Purdue, Arizona State, and Wyoming likely were the 3 schools that went to the NCAA.

But that's just a guess -- Iowa (or at least their top donor/loose cannon Bob Nicolls) has probably tried to poach others as well.
Willie specifically mentioned that Oklahoma and AZ St were 2 schools submitting an official complaint about someone “connected” with the Iowa program trying to tamper with athletes not in the portal. That is still a no-no.

Reactions: danoftw and El-Jefe
Willie specifically mentioned that Oklahoma and AZ St were 2 schools submitting an official complaint about someone “connected” with the Iowa program trying to tamper with athletes not in the portal. That is still a no-no.
The only thing surprising about this whole situation: people who routinely beef about "the portal" as a stand-in boogeyman for whatever they don't like about college athletics, have been completely silent about "the portal" lately. Probably because the portal is working as designed.

What do you mean? I'm suspended all the time ..
But you are not a village idiot, you are a rational person having rational discussions.

Lol, did I get that out with a straight face? Well the first 7 words are true, not so much the rational part, but that is your persona there. You aren’t trying to be rational.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT