ADVERTISEMENT

Failed 2 point conversion

Franklin lost the 2019 game at Minnesota by going for two too early in the game. He hasn't learned. Take the point on the road in a hostile environment.

Reactions: Ski and scrivener
Does anybody not think that it was decided before the game to go for 2 after the first TD? Just asking.

Does anybody not think that it was decided before the game to go for 2 after the first TD? Just asking.
Agree 100%, no doubt. I will bet that was decided LAST Sunday in meeting.

Last edited:
Exactly— was a well designed play and Beau kept running with ball with wide open TE- he had temporary brain freeze and he will learn from it and grow. Waiting two seconds just allowed defender to recover.
I think Kotelnicki is type of coach who believes in players and system and maybe some growth in a game like this by practicing two point play will pay off down the road. Beau didn’t have his best game (ran into his O lineman on another play)but will do better as they keep using him all season. He will probably have highlight reels next four games

Exactly— was a well designed play and Beau kept running with ball with wide open TE- he had temporary brain freeze and he will learn from it and grow. Waiting two seconds just allowed defender to recover.
I think Kotelnicki is type of coach who believes in players and system and maybe some growth in a game like this by practicing two point play will pay off down the road. Beau didn’t have his best game (ran into his O lineman on another play)but will do better as they keep using him all season. He will probably have highlight reels next four games
What if Beau has the same success rate as the kicker in practice and two points are just better than one? That would verify the analytics, get Franklin off the hook and confirm our worst fears about the kicking game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT