ADVERTISEMENT

FC: Another Pitter arrested for DUI, Rori Blair from Upper St Clair

bplionfan

Jul 1, 2014
Apparently he was going 117 mph and this occurred in March, so it was being swept under the rug until now. Will he get the same suspension as Boyd which is you can't go to movies in the summer with the team...
http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/...y-of-pittsburgh-football/stories/201507210165

State police wrote in a criminal complaint that a trooper working near the Fort Pitt Bridge clocked Blair, 20, of Upper St. Clair, driving at 117 mph in a 55-mph zone March 15. That trooper pulled the car over in a left lane on Fifth Avenue in Oakland and "detected a strong odor of marijuana emitting from his breath and about his person as he spoke along with blood shot glassy eyes," police wrote.

Police took Blair to UPMC Mercy for a blood test, which came back positive for cannabinoids, police said. They charged Blair via summons Monday with driving under the influence, driving at an unsafe speed and other violations.

Last edited:
Reactions: fairgambit
Apparently he was going 117 mph and this occurred in March, so it was being swept under the rug until now. Will he get the same suspension as Boyd which is you can't go to movies in the summer with the team...
http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/...y-of-pittsburgh-football/stories/201507210165

State police wrote in a criminal complaint that a trooper working near the Fort Pitt Bridge clocked Blair, 20, of Upper St. Clair, driving at 117 mph in a 55-mph zone March 15. That trooper pulled the car over in a left lane on Fifth Avenue in Oakland and "detected a strong odor of marijuana emitting from his breath and about his person as he spoke along with blood shot glassy eyes," police wrote.

Police took Blair to UPMC Mercy for a blood test, which came back positive for cannabinoids, police said. They charged Blair via summons Monday with driving under the influence, driving at an unsafe speed and other violations.

That kid nearly died two years ago from a stroke. He's a good story. Hope he gets it together.

117mph while drunk? Lucky to be alive
Remember with Pitt you get numeric inflation. I can see the trooper saying "son, you were doing 58.5 in a 55 mph zone, but because you are a Pitt player we will use Pitt math and double it. Hmmm....that's 117. Son, you are in big trouble."

Reactions: MrDibbs and nits74
Remember with Pitt you get numeric inflation. I can see the trooper saying "son, you were doing 58.5 in a 55 mph zone, but because you are a Pitt player we will use Pitt math and double it. Hmmm....that's 117. Son, you are in big trouble."

If they use the same inflation as they do for their national championships the kid had to be approaching the speed of sound.

Who knew and when did they know it?

I say they all knew. The culture at that university is irreparable. Shut it down. Shut it all down.

Reactions: john4psu
From the PG article: "Blair had a hemorrhagic stroke, bleeding of the brain, during his junior year of high school and previously told the Post-Gazette he thought he might never play football again.".

He signed with Pitt. He's not playing football.

From the PG article: "Blair had a hemorrhagic stroke, bleeding of the brain, during his junior year of high school and previously told the Post-Gazette he thought he might never play football again.".

He signed with Pitt. He's not playing football.

He;s on the roster and he played last season so I have no idea where you got that from.

Sounds like a speeding ticket to me. Does PA really have an established limit on THC that can stand up in court as DUI?

“Hey I play for Pitt football, please don’t arrest me” (Set to the tune of the Pitt fight song... yes Pitt actually does have a fight song.)

Sounds like a speeding ticket to me. Does PA really have an established limit on THC that can stand up in court as DUI?

Section 3802(d) of the PA Vehicle Code says you can't drive with ANY amount of a controlled substance or the metabolite of a controlled substance in your blood.

Reactions: Blueblood4eva
No limit. If you show impairment and it in your blood system that is all you need in Pa.

He was not charged until yesterday. How is that sweeping it under the rug? These cases are not high priority for the police. So it takes time for the paper work to be processed.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3chuckie3
Section 3802(d) of the PA Vehicle Code says you can't drive with ANY amount of a controlled substance or the metabolite of a controlled substance in your blood.

Thanks, that answers my question. The limit is zero so no need to prove impaired by any method. A trace in your blood and you are guilty. Doesn't apply to this case, since the officers smelled it and noted glassy eyes, but I thought this particular substance can be detected 30 days after use. Maybe that was in urine and not a blood test? Kid is eff'd no matter what. Article mentions, "and other charges", so they surely have enough to sink him.

You can be popped for DUI even if you are on legal medicine that impairs your ability to operate a vehicle.

117 in a 55 would seem to indicate his driving skills were the opposite of impaired. Now his decision making skills are a whole other subject.

As sad as this is for Pitt, I don't like throwing darts at another team or player when we also have had our own share of off field player incidences in the past. People make mistakes and rubbing it in their faces isn't attractive, especially when the shoe is sometimes on our foot! Just my honest but probably unpopular opinion!

Last edited:
As sad as this is for Pitt, I don't like throwing darts at another team or player when we also have had our own share of off field player incidences in the past. People make mistakes and rubbing it in their faces isn't attractive, especially when the shoe is sometimes on our foot! Just my honest but probably unpopular opinion!

Oh, I agree. But g.d. that Pitt mentality: well if this would've happened in State College, you'd never read about it in the Centre Daily Times. Poor widdle us. We live in that big, bad Burgh where the whole newspaper rag is run by Nitters. Boo hoo.

That was very classy and poignant.

As for me, Pitt blows, this kid is a loser, the new AD knew, Narduzzi knew and he is also obviously deeply involved in a culture of cover ups including drugs and alcohol. I can only imagine how deep this rabbit hole goes in Pittsburgh????? I'm sure the police dept is involved as well. They knew. They all knew. A culture of drugs, alcohol and deceit. These kids are going to kill themselves and innocent people. Starting with Boyd. He knew. He should be in prison along with this idiot on drugs as well. This is also why Chryst got out while he could...he knew it was all coming crashing down.

Disgusting culture. They all knew. Shut it down. Shut it all down.

Perhaps the accelerator got stuck defense will work for him!!

When was the last time a defense worked for Pitt?

-- or --

You'd think with Narduzzi as HC they'd have come up with a better defense.

Reactions: john4psu
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT