ADVERTISEMENT

fc ot Eagles might be ready to really tick me off, they arent changing out the QB

sluggo72

Aug 31, 2006
and rightfully so, even though the injured guy could play, so why you going to mess with the LG? There is more than 1 reason the Eagles are winning again, and he is one of them!!
UGH!!!!

There appears to be optimism that offensive lineman Isaac Seumalo can return from a pectoral injury this week. He also has missed the last two games.

He misses 2 games and the all of a sudden the Eagles are running the ball better. Last year same thing, it wasnt Foles got better during the playoffs, it was Wiz coming back to play!!!

Darren Sproles may have something to do with the better run game.
Nah!! I put it all on Wiz being back!!! When the line blocks, you have great backs. when the line doesnt block, the line sucks, so you might as well block!

Nah!! I put it all on Wiz being back!!! When the line blocks, you have great backs. when the line doesnt block, the line sucks, so you might as well block!
Jason Peters does not like playing next to Wiz. It has to do with the point of attack where Peters uses the good kick and Wiz prefers to engage at the line I believe. This was discussed a few weeks back with some Eagles analysts but I don't remember all of the details. Here is an article discussing similar issue with Evan Mathis

Jason Peters does not like playing next to Wiz. It has to do with the point of attack where Peters uses the good kick and Wiz prefers to engage at the line I believe. This was discussed a few weeks back with some Eagles analysts but I don't remember all of the details. Here is an article discussing similar issue with Evan Mathis
well they have to decide what to do with Jason. He is not playing nearly as well as he has in the past, plus they need his salary. I think it is time for Big V full time and find out if he is there LT for the future. Me? I think he is. .

There appears to be optimism that offensive lineman Isaac Seumalo can return from a pectoral injury this week. He also has missed the last two games.

@sluggo72, I saw that in the Monday or Tuesday edition of the Inky, and nearly posted it as a FYI for you. I decided to not spoil your holiday, and thus I didn't post it. Alas, it appears that you found the article.

@sluggo72, I saw that in the Monday or Tuesday edition of the Inky, and nearly posted it as a FYI for you. I decided to not spoil your holiday, and thus I didn't post it. Alas, it appears that you found the article.
I just dont think Issac is as good of a player as Wiz. I dont buy this JP pass set stuff either. I would hate to think he is dictating who he will play with.

Is that why peters has gotten hurt in each of the past2 games? Maybe he should take s seat instead of Wiz. After all Wiz was on the field when the birds won it all last year, not Peters.

Is that why peters has gotten hurt in each of the past2 games? Maybe he should take s seat instead of Wiz. After all Wiz was on the field when the birds won it all last year, not Peters.
Jason Peters is somewhere between 30 -50 over weight. That's why he keeps getting the injuries he has, and it seems like an endless cycle. He gets hurt, cant work out, eats, gains weight, which causes him to get hurt again. Rinse repeat.
There is a lot of warrior in Jason Peters, and he was a great player for a long time, but its time to make a decision on him. I think he would make a great assistant coach next year. Have him tutor the Aussie.

Jason Peters is somewhere between 30 -50 over weight. That's why he keeps getting the injuries he has, and it seems like an endless cycle. He gets hurt, cant work out, eats, gains weight, which causes him to get hurt again. Rinse repeat.
There is a lot of warrior in Jason Peters, and he was a great player for a long time, but its time to make a decision on him. I think he would make a great assistant coach next year. Have him tutor the Aussie.

2 things. #1, agree with JP. I think that’s a product of missing training camp and pre-season. There’s a lot to say for routine for these vets. And #2, I’m very excited to see Mailata over the next year. Kid eventually got called to the 53 man, and that’s saying something for a kid who has been playing organized football for less than a year. I mean stoutland RAVES about his athleticism for his size. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him push V for that LT spot after JP retires or take over for lane if he moves to LT after JP retires. They’ve done everything they can to keep him from being snatched by another team. Tells me he’s part of their long term plans.

2 things. #1, agree with JP. I think that’s a product of missing training camp and pre-season. There’s a lot to say for routine for these vets. And #2, I’m very excited to see Mailata over the next year. Kid eventually got called to the 53 man, and that’s saying something for a kid who has been playing organized football for less than a year. I mean stoutland RAVES about his athleticism for his size. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him push V for that LT spot after JP retires or take over for lane if he moves to LT after JP retires. They’ve done everything they can to keep him from being snatched by another team. Tells me he’s part of their long term plans.
to the point where he got 'hurt' and they had to put him on IR!! They couldnt risk putting him on the Practice Squad as someone would have signed him right off it!! IIRC some thought it was a wasted pick (me, maybe they still would have gotten him as a FA, but who knows) but I am glad he is with the Eagles!

to the point where he got 'hurt' and they had to put him on IR!! They couldnt risk putting him on the Practice Squad as someone would have signed him right off it!! IIRC some thought it was a wasted pick (me, maybe they still would have gotten him as a FA, but who knows) but I am glad he is with the Eagles!

exactly what i was talking about re: keeping him from being snatched up. ESPECIALLY the way that it happened. full participant in wednesday's practice, on the injury report with a back injury on thursday, IR on friday. seems WAY too coincidental to be anything other than a calculated move to keep him on the team. and i disagree about the wasted pick. I think that's exactly what the late round picks are for (developmental players). however i understand some calling it a wasted pick since he had ZERO NFL experience. hindsight's 50/50...

and for the record, I agree with everything you say re: Wiz. why they keep trying to FORCE seumalo into the starting lineup when the starting 5 of V-Wiz-Kelce-Brooks-LJ won them a super bowl? It's beyond me. i guess they might be getting pressure from on high to play seumalo for the future. Sure, Wiz doesn't have the typical size to play LG but the dude is a second C on the OL and is a damn good vet. run with what brung ya. I mean seumalo has skills, but now in his 3rd year and still hasn't won the LG spot on a team with a LG hole, that might be all you need to know about the guy.

It would seem reasonable to expect JP to retire after this year but I think he has another year on his contract. Players are taught to never give up so you have to rip the uniform off their backs but the story seems to be that the owner and JP have a close relationship. Therefore, I expect him to return.

In any case, LT is on the getting-longer list of needs the Eagles have to find.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT