ADVERTISEMENT

FC/OT: Uh-oh - Urban Meyer is trending…I see some ‘health conditions’ in his near future…

Must be one hell of a shock to him that his superiors aren’t blindly covering for him. Not that a public reprimand isn’t “covering” but he’s probably used to radio silence from ADs
Where’s the Powell, OH PD when you need them?

speaking of buttholes.....
This is exactly why Franklin was a great hire and we would have been in deep $hit with Urban (even though the rumor that he was even considering coming here is complete horse$hit). With the scrutiny he would have been under here with his rep as a coed banger, it would have been 5 minutes before he was caught in a sorority panty raid. NCAA would have terminated our program for the good of God and country.

This is exactly why Franklin was a great hire and we would have been in deep $hit with Urban (even though the rumor that he was even considering coming here is complete horse$hit). With the scrutiny he would have been under here with his rep as a coed banger, it would have been 5 minutes before he was caught in a sorority panty raid. NCAA would have terminated our program for the good of God and country.
Success with honor.

Where’s the Powell, OH PD when you need them?
They are in Powell, Ohio, not Dublin, the neighboring suburb where Meyer’s bar/restaurant is located.

And don’t get me started on the Powell PD. I lived in Powell for 18 years.

zDZ7yCP9O6nS.jpg

Why? Nothing wrong with having NFL experience on your resume. I don't think he would have any problem finding a college job similar to what he had at PSU if things don't work out.
I agree NFL experience is good, but I’d personally rather be on the coaching staff of a 5-0 team where I recruited my guys vs be on the coaching staff of a team that is in pace for 0-17.

Just my opinion though. I said he must be rethinking it, not regretting it. If after a year the coaching staff is blown out, I don’t think that one year of coaching NFL TE’s makes a resume pop.

I agree NFL experience is good, but I’d personally rather be on the coaching staff of a 5-0 team where I recruited my guys vs be on the coaching staff of a team that is in pace for 0-17.

Just my opinion though. I said he must be rethinking it, not regretting it. If after a year the coaching staff is blown out, I don’t think that one year of coaching NFL TE’s makes a resume pop.

All depends on his eventual goals. Money while he's young, experience in the league. Not a bad start.

He'll be out after one year, two maximum.

Reactions: uscgPSU
Basic takeaway: “You can’t tell the guy anything.” For me the real head scratcher was his pretending that there would be a training camp completion for the starting quarterback job. A lot on his tenure at Ohio State, as well.
From the article....

Meyer has discovered, through self-inflicted embarrassment and self-created calamity, that the NFL forces coaches to bend to the will of others. It may be the billionaire owner, the locker room of millionaire players, an incredulous media or a fan base that isn’t sycophantic.

It is certainly something how the OSU media and fanbase rarely if ever are openly critical of anything which happens regarding their football program. OTOH, there are no shortage of people on this board alone who complain about everything including Paterno, O'Brien, Franklin, recruiting, the offense, the defense, the stadium experience, parking, traffic, concessions stands, the AD, etc. And the local media coverage is negative more often then not.

So Urbs hearing criticism in Jacksonville must have made him quickly realize he's not in Columbus anymore.

Reactions: BBrown and LionJim
From the article....

Meyer has discovered, through self-inflicted embarrassment and self-created calamity, that the NFL forces coaches to bend to the will of others. It may be the billionaire owner, the locker room of millionaire players, an incredulous media or a fan base that isn’t sycophantic.

It is certainly something how the OSU media and fanbase rarely if ever are openly critical of anything which happens regarding their football program. OTOH, there are no shortage of people on this board alone who complain about everything including Paterno, O'Brien, Franklin, recruiting, the offense, the defense, the stadium experience, parking, traffic, concessions stands, the AD, etc. And the local media coverage is negative more often then not.

So Urbs hearing criticism in Jacksonville must have made him quickly realize he's not in Columbus anymore.

Winning and success buys you a long leash.

But on the other hand, CJF may be gone anyway ....you miss 100% of the shots you don't take.
If anyone went to Jacksonville thinking that they were going to win right off the bat....they should have their heads examined.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT