ADVERTISEMENT

fcOT At least 1 NFL team plotting to make a run at Jim Harbaugh now that recruiting

sluggo72

Aug 31, 2006
has ended, whoops after the NFL season....

GettyImages-1052610652-e1545274450767.jpg

Getty Images
Jim Harbaugh has said he won’t return to the NFL, that he won’t leave Michigan after his team’s bowl game. That won’t stop someone from trying to get his attention.

Per a league source, at least one team plans to make a run at Jim Harbaugh after the NFL season ends. Whether he’ll bite remains to be seen, but the team in question is prepared to put the kind of money on the table that will get Harbaugh’s attention.

Chris Simms recently suggested on PFT Live that one team is indeed waiting for a chance to interview Jim Harbaugh. Simms wouldn’t name the team, and I’ve yet to be able to track down the team’s identity. But there’s at least one team that will try to get Jim Harbaugh to come back to the NFL after four years at his alma mater.

Four years. That’s the key number. From the Raiders to the University of San Diego to Stanford to the 49ers, Jim Harbaugh has stayed at each stop no more than four years. And now that his fourth year at Michigan is ending, it looks like someone will be making a run at him.

Again, he has said he’s not leaving. Maybe he won’t. But someone will try to get him to. Soon.

I do not think he will go yet now if wins a B1G championship soon he may bolt

Jim's home to stay. He loves his alma mater and won't be going anywhere although many will wish he would have left after he makes his championship runs in the next few years. Keep in mind, this is his 5th recruiting class (1st in BIG ratings) and next year's roster will consist of only Harbaugh recruits.

Jim's home to stay. He loves his alma mater and won't be going anywhere although many will wish he would have left after he makes his championship runs in the next few years. Keep in mind, this is his 5th recruiting class (1st in BIG ratings) and next year's roster will consist of only Harbaugh recruits.

Good. That will eliminate that excuse of Harbaugh not having his recruits when he fails to beat Ohio State and win the Big 10 East division for a fifth consecutive year.

Fortunate for Jim the Big 10 loosened the rules on 2 of his 3 transferred ( broken in ) QB's.

You mean Harbaugh’s recruits and multiple QB transfers.

Reactions: MICH.Nit Fan
Keep believing that - coaches never lie. If he get's the right control and money he is as good as gone. He wants to get the ring his brother has so make no mistake he will bolt if he thinks it will put him in a position to do so.

Then again, you tried to convince us that Harrison was all Blue, as you put it. How did that work out?

has ended, whoops after the NFL season....

GettyImages-1052610652-e1545274450767.jpg

Getty Images
Jim Harbaugh has said he won’t return to the NFL, that he won’t leave Michigan after his team’s bowl game. That won’t stop someone from trying to get his attention.

Per a league source, at least one team plans to make a run at Jim Harbaugh after the NFL season ends. Whether he’ll bite remains to be seen, but the team in question is prepared to put the kind of money on the table that will get Harbaugh’s attention.

Chris Simms recently suggested on PFT Live that one team is indeed waiting for a chance to interview Jim Harbaugh. Simms wouldn’t name the team, and I’ve yet to be able to track down the team’s identity. But there’s at least one team that will try to get Jim Harbaugh to come back to the NFL after four years at his alma mater.

Four years. That’s the key number. From the Raiders to the University of San Diego to Stanford to the 49ers, Jim Harbaugh has stayed at each stop no more than four years. And now that his fourth year at Michigan is ending, it looks like someone will be making a run at him.

Again, he has said he’s not leaving. Maybe he won’t. But someone will try to get him to. Soon.

I don't remember Harbaugh saying emphatically that he is not returning to the NFL. I have to believe if the Packers come calling that he would leave.

I don't remember Harbaugh saying emphatically that he is not returning to the NFL. I have to believe if the Packers come calling that he would leave.
Supposedly the Green Bay Packers is considered the most prestigious head coaching job in ALL of football .

Good...he is a nut job who finds ways to lose big games.

Reactions: PSU621

given your track record with predictions on this site, it is safe to assume he is as good as gone....

So what are potential NFL openings next couple of years? I dont really follow NFL so relying on you guys.

Jets
Packers
Tampa
Dallas
Detroit
Denver
Cardinals

Last edited:
So what are potential NFL openings next couple of years? I did be really follow NFL so relying on you guys.

Jets
Packers
Tampa
Dallas
Detroit
Denver
Cardinals

Good chance the ravens' is open if they don't make the playoffs. Zero chance Jim would consider replacing his brother though.

Last edited:
So what are potential NFL openings next couple of years? I did be really follow NFL so relying on you guys.

Jets
Packers
Tampa
Dallas
Detroit
Denver
Cardinals
Harbaugh to the packers and Franklin to the cowboys. That’s what all my inside sources are telling me. :)

So what are potential NFL openings next couple of years? I dont really follow NFL so relying on you guys.

Jets
Packers
Tampa
Dallas
Detroit
Denver
Cardinals

Jets are a desperate franchise...NY market...I can see them putting up the money...especially once owner returns from his gov duties as ambassador...

The problem with being a college coach is recruiting. Coaches spend as much time doing that as they do coaching their team. The NFL money isn't much better. I think it's more of a matter how much you want to deal with the B.S. that goes along with recruiting.

Last edited:
Reactions: sluggo72

How much booze did you put in your eggnog? Please, make sure you have somebody to drive you home.

Yea he’s most proud of the 62 that Osu dumped on his revenge tour.

Reactions: m48tank
Memory refresher from December 9, 2018:
"This is a choreographed message that comes up at this time every year before signing day," Harbaugh told ESPN this weekend. "It's people spreading messages to further their own personal agenda.

"But I'm on record right here, right now: I'm not going anywhere. I'm staying at Michigan. We have big plans here, and there's a lot we want to accomplish."

Harbaugh said he has spent the past week recruiting in multiple states and has not spoken to any NFL teams. But he is aware of the speculation connecting him to NFL teams, as has been the case during each of his four years at Michigan.

"I can't be any more clear about this -- it's not true," Harbaugh said. "I'm not going anywhere."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT