ADVERTISEMENT

Filling Out the '19 Class?

mickey_PSU

Gold Member
Feb 1, 2006
NEPA
As we wait (patiently, or maybe not so much) for the 2019 class to fill in, I figured I’d start a thread on who you all think we’re going to wind up with when the dust settles. I’m expecting a 20 member class so using that as my guide, here’s the positions and who I think we’re going to get (in parenthesis) based upon my somewhat educated guesses… chime in with your thoughts.

4 OL: Wallace (+ Jakai Moore, Xavier Truss and Saleem Wormley)
1 QB: Roberson (with Stevens staying, I think we only take 1)
2 RB: (Devyn Ford and ???)
2 WR: (John Metchie and Cornelius Johnson)
0 TE
2 DT: (Antonio Alfano and David Ojabo)
2 DE: (Zach Harrison & Adisa Isaac - my gut says we have a shot at Harrison, this was a tough position to consider)
2 LB: (Brandon Smith and Andre White)
2 CB: Ellis (+Tyler Rudolph and Marquis Wilson, will we take 3?)
2 S: (Brisker and Cine- I’m not giving up on him just yet. Rudolph can also play safety)

That’s 19, the last spot will go to the best athlete available, imo.

Here’s the thing, there are a bunch of other guys interested in us. According to Ryan, the WR from Florida had a great visit; Lance Dixon just scheduled an official; Noah Cain is coming for an official; Warren Burrell is planning on visiting; and there are still a number of high end offensive linemen who may have interest. On the DL, there’s Joseph Anderson and Joseph Wete; and then there’s Jarad Harrison-Hunte. In the secondary, there’s DeMarcco Hellams and I’m probably forgetting a few others. Of all the positions, WR is the most difficult to figure because it doesn’t seem like there’s a ton of interest from high end recruits. I put down Cornelius Johnson but he’s one that I’m least knowledgeable about. I haven’t heard anything about David Bell or Kyle Ford lately so I’m thinking they’re out. We have such a terrific group of receivers, I’d imagine kids who want to play right away are going ot have less interest in us but then again, with Franklin, anything is possible. I also have to wonder if losing our former WR coach to ‘Bama is hurting us at receiver?

Anyway, what say you guys?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News