ADVERTISEMENT

Final AP poll

Nittanygrad93

Dec 1, 2016
How is a 3 loss Auburn ahead of PSU in the final poll? If you can justify ranking a team with more losses higher, then Wisconsin should definitely be below Penn State.

Reactions: N&B4PSU
How is a 3 loss Auburn ahead of PSU in the final poll? If you can justify ranking a team with more losses higher, then Wisconsin should definitely be below Penn State.

So much is about hype. PSU has been off the radar as they ended with 3 cupcake wins.

You do have to wonder when just sheer numbers of losses matter. Heck, last year Pitt beat us and #2 at the time Clemson. They finished the regular season 8-4 but we're not ranked anywhere near us (or anywhere for that matter).

Terrible, Wisconsin and Auburn should not be ahead of Penn State, just terrible.

Last edited:
Why do you people continue to care about the AP poll? The damn thing means nothing anymore. It doesn’t make any of the decisions by the committee or the bowls. Use your damn heads.

Reactions: mn78psu83
Why do you people continue to care about the AP poll? The damn thing means nothing anymore. It doesn’t make any of the decisions by the committee or the bowls. Use your damn heads.

not sure that committee will follow AP rankings. they do seem to be looking at details of body of work. we are two injuries from being unbeaten.

Because it is the first reflection of how people are thinking. It appears the playoff committee has Auburn at #7 ahead of us as well! Perception matters! Until there is a true playoff system, everything is based on complete subjectivity everywhere. People do not live in a vacuum. If the AP poll means nothing, it would not receive so many links on internet home pages.

Because it is the first reflection of how people are thinking. It appears the playoff committee has Auburn at #7 ahead of us as well! Perception matters! Until there is a true playoff system, everything is based on complete subjectivity everywhere. People do not live in a vacuum. If the AP poll means nothing, it would not receive so many links on internet home pages.

You do know what AP stands for, right? Most media organizations are a part of it, hence why it’ll be on the home pages.

It the committee remains true to form then it won't matter. They chose Bama based on won-loss record. So PSU should jump Auburn in their ranking. My guess is #7 USC followed by #8 PSU. We'll find out soon enough.

Auburn will absolutely be ahead of us. I've said that all along. Those wins over two playoff teams carry far more weight than any loss

Still haven't heard different (and I asked this question last week and got crickets)... both polls go into the calculation (still use computer ranking as well?).

When all is compiled, the BCS has a starting point.. and my guess is that unless there is an egregious/obvious injustice/error, they won't change it up too much except where it is close and then their own observations are the deciding factor.

End of the day, I full well expect they will rank the first 6 in the order they deem best for cfb... after that, it's a crapshoot. I won't be surprised to see us ahead of wisky but behind auburn. Hell, i would not be surprised to see UCF ahead of all of them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT