ADVERTISEMENT

Foley: "Zain Retherford is a hammer who haunts my thoughts"

El-Jefe

Jul 27, 2012
Take a number there, pal.

Seriously, this was a very well done mailbag. Lots of optimism for the University World Team members. Thoughts on what strengths got Zadick the USA Freestyle job. Thoughts on upcoming steps for the Fresno startup. Thoughts on personal traits and practice routines that make the best international wrestlers. Good stuff all around.

http://intermatwrestle.com/articles/16429

Reactions: lionlover
Another Foley rant.
Another Foley rant... about how good Zain Retherford is. I'll take it to the bank and deposit two more National Titles along with a hammer... to shut you up. If it wasn't for your comical nature to amuse people... you'd be a faded memory.

I like Foley's rants as they are rooted in his true beliefs and your delusion merely amuses us.

Better check with your editor, amaloon. Check that, I guess there was a psu mention.

Amalone to Foley:

e571b10e34e9b88fe576f46cff6906de5c7b9695f0ecfa972f28541bb27effd2_large

Seriously though, can't wait to see what Zain can do against the international senior guys. Hitting a pauseex and going to root for Zain and the PSU guys.

Reactions: therod
Seriously though, can't wait to see what Zain can do against the international senior guys. Hitting a pauseex and going to root for Zain and the PSU guys.

Chief, over on the mat, you can find Zain vs Pico threads, from everything from freestyle, to folkstyle, to figure skating...lmao.

Reactions: Azchief32
Chief, over on the mat, you can find Zain vs Pico threads, from everything from freestyle, to folkstyle, to figure skating...lmao.

Zain>Pico in folk
Pico>Zain in free

Plus... Zain is pretty good on the skates. His Double Axel is on point from what I hear. Plus, Mexican's don't know nothing about no Pinche figure skating ;)

Really not that much else to say.

This is one of the reasons you can trust bveo's board content: objectivity. He's often called different Foley posts for what they were: mailed-in Takes for Click Bait. But dude gives credit where it's due, and I think we all know that Foley is certainly capable, even if he doesn't bring it every week.

As recently as April, I think, I've tweeted (ignorantly, but in the true spirit of hot takery)(and probably in response to any suggestion that Cael Sanderson might be interested in the job) how silly & ineffective the USA Freestyle coaching position appears to be. So I was stoked to read this from Foley about Zadick being the 'right coach' who gets this:
"Also, I think that right coach needed to understand what the modern wrestler is getting from his club programs and find ways to supplement their training rather than remove them from their surroundings.​

Question: was Foley being sarcastically dooshey to Ben R's question about Fresno? I thought the question about singlets wasn't 'trailing off' but in line with the first bit about wanting in-depth talk.

Reactions: lionlover
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT