ADVERTISEMENT

Foley's Friday Mailbag for 12/28/18

Tom McAndrew

May 29, 2001
no mention of PSU wrestlers or coaches, or NLWC wrestlers

For those keeping track, this is week 117, and despite promises he tweeted, no response to Flo's article about Olympic reffing corruption from Foley.

Once again it's the Mike C Mailbag, as he got 3 of the 5 questions. His "best" question was what was Foley's favorite Christmas gift this year. smh

I usually reserve my comments about the Mailbag until after some of you have commented on it. This week, I'll jump in with a comment on Foley's take on the haircut controversy in NJ. For someone that has a journalism degree, Foley really failed in his analysis of the haircut controversy.

You can access this week's Mailbag at THIS LINK.

Hmm, This comment: "Given the predominance and popularity of hair gel among high school boys I'd think half of South Jersey would be declared ineligible to compete if referees began running their fingers through the athlete's hair." seems to imply that wrestlers should be allowed to use hair gel before a match. It might give some of Nolf's (and other's) opponents an advantage when they do that snap-down. :) And then their hands would be greasy as well.

Reactions: Dogwelder
Hmm, This comment: "Given the predominance and popularity of hair gel ..." seems to imply that wrestlers should be allowed to use hair gel before a match. It might give some of Nolf's (and other's) opponents an advantage when they do that snap-down. :) And then their hands would be greasy as well.
“We must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence by the Jheri Curl Industrial Complex.” —Dwight D.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT