ADVERTISEMENT

Folks this sting will never go away. Never.

Having lost family members I agree. This is sports related. Not life.

Think I had attended every white out game and many others with my father and my son. My son and I were light by one this year. Enjoyed a great day and laughed like hell thinking how much dad would have bitched about that call.

Reactions: IANit and psualt
Not a chance without McSorely, he is your whole team without him you are in trouble.
Wow, how stupid can you be? Teams lose players all the time, including great QB’s. Everyone thought Clemson was finished when Watson graduated but they were back in the playoffs the next year. Oklahoma is doing fine without Mayfield. It’s called recruiting dumbass.

Wins are fantastic and fun, but nothing stays with you like a bad loss. The bad losses never go away. What happened Saturday night will be with us for all time. It's a measuring stick game for the wrong reason. Future losses will be measured against this one. One thing for sure - I will be at senior day this year regardless of cost to cheer on Trace McSorley.
Go trim your vagina.

Wins are fantastic and fun, but nothing stays with you like a bad loss. The bad losses never go away. What happened Saturday night will be with us for all time. It's a measuring stick game for the wrong reason. Future losses will be measured against this one. One thing for sure - I will be at senior day this year regardless of cost to cheer on Trace McSorley.

Know what really stuck with me to this day? When I was a kid, I didn’t get the toy I wanted in my Count Chocula box.

Reactions: 1
Not a chance without McSorely, he is your whole team without him you are in trouble.
Why does this narrative sound so familiar? Am i experiencing deja vu?
To be fair Trace is the first one of these where there's any chance it's true. He will be missed dearly. Definitely who I will remember the most as the program savior besides Mauti.

I'm not going to count, but we've probably lost around 50 games since 2000.
You'd be stung to death by now if it really hurt that badly.

Reactions: WyomingLion
This is more than just a "bad loss". It was tantamount to throwing in the towel, quitting, with time left on the clock. You will never see a worse play call or a worse ending to any game.

This is more than just a "bad loss". It was tantamount to throwing in the towel, quitting, with time left on the clock. You will never see a worse play call or a worse ending to any game.

giphy.gif

Reactions: mcgunns
Last years loss was worse.

I'm not sure about this. How long did Bushwood stay off the board last year? It's now Tuesday and I haven't noticed him since the game thread.

If he stays gone for good then maybe the OP is right.

I'm not sure about this. How long did Bushwood stay off the board last year? It's now Tuesday and I haven't noticed him since the game thread.

If he stays gone for good then maybe the OP is right.
That might make the loss worth it.

Last years loss in Columbus was worse. Even if we won this we have a lot of tough games ahead. Last year we had just beaten our second toughest opponent (Michigan) and controlled/dominated OSU for 3+ quarters. After that, basically only MSU was left to get to B1G Title Game and play for a playoff spot, which I think we all would agree that we beat MSU if we put away OSU. Not to mention that last years team was a Championship caliber squad and a lot better than this years team.

Last years loss is still the toughest loss I’ve taken as a fan, but I wasn’t around for the goal line stand in the ‘78 Sugar Bowl...

Still wouldn’t trade Coach Franklin for anyone, he IS going to get us to the next level. And I am going to miss the hell out of Trace McSorley after this year.

In the great scheme of things, this is fairly small potatoes.

Now, it certainly is true that 1 point losses hurt worse even than blowouts, but none of it is even on the radar compared to other losses an individual might suffer.
Agree. Much as I love college football, at the end of the day, it's just a game....

I didn't see us winning this game from the time I looked at the schedule in the pre-season until some time in the 4th quarter. That feeling that we might win only lasted about 20 minutes. Not going to change my life. Enjoy the team we have and celebrate their achievements.

Last edited:
Reactions: mcgunns
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT