ADVERTISEMENT

For those of you still trying to say Saquon isn't the GOAT...

He may be GOAT, but benching and powerlifting in and of themselves aren't proof if it. Is Herschel Walker the GOAT because he did 2000 push-ups and sit-ups a day? These thing will prepare a player to achieve greatness, but greatness is determined on the field, during games. There are plenty of on the field/in game reasons to support an argument for Barkley being the best RB in Penn State history, but doing 30 reps of 225 on the bench press isn't one of them.

He may be GOAT, but benching and powerlifting in and of themselves aren't proof if it. Is Herschel Walker the GOAT because he did 2000 push-ups and sit-ups a day? These thing will prepare a player to achieve greatness, but greatness is determined on the field, during games. There are plenty of on the field/in game reasons to support an argument for Barkley being the best RB in Penn State history, but doing 30 reps of 225 on the bench press isn't one of them.

Relax Dan--it's a post meant for a certain few on the board--and I/we obviously know powerlifting or running in shorts doesn't make one the GOAT (which, he is).

Reactions: Ranger Dan
I don't give one damn if Saquon is a GOAT. I just hope he has a great season, helps the team win a championship, and he gets through it in good health. I want him to be rewarded for all his hard work with a Top Ten pick in the NFL draft. That will provide him with enough money to help himself and his family. He's a great kid from a nice family.

I don't give one damn if Saquon is a GOAT. I just hope he has a great season, helps the team win a championship, and he gets through it in good health. I want him to be rewarded for all his hard work with a Top Ten pick in the NFL draft. That will provide him with enough money to help himself and his family. He's a great kid from a nice family.
:cool:

I agree. And he's also the best running to ever play at Penn State.

Reactions: grinagrin
I hope all that muscle mass doesn't cause him to lose speed.

He's not the best yet. Hell, if KiJana got the touches he could have, there would be no question at this time. Can he be? Absolutely. Don't forget, KiJana did his with a cast on his normal carrying arm.

He's not the best yet. Hell, if KiJana got the touches he could have, there would be no question at this time. Can he be? Absolutely. Don't forget, KiJana did his with a cast on his normal carrying arm.

LOL

Yeah, it's not like KJ ever had as good of a line as Barkley, right?

Reactions: Ranger Dan
LOL

Yeah, it's not like KJ ever had as good of a line as Barkley, right?
Whatever. I guess yours is the only opinion that matters. KiJana was also pulled out of many games as well. Barkley is great, and he may become the best ever, but he's played for 2 years.

Whatever. I guess yours is the only opinion that matters. KiJana was also pulled out of many games as well. Barkley is great, and he may become the best ever, but he's played for 2 years.

I guess only guys who played for Joe Paterno matter too.

Dude, I don't know what your issue is, but you clearly have one, if someone disagrees with you. You brought up Joe, no one else. Give it a rest.

To be honest, I don't know what yours is either. This thread was a good-natured jab to garner discussion....not a cause to get panties in a bunch.

To be honest, I don't know what yours is either. This thread was a good-natured jab to garner discussion....not a cause to get panties in a bunch.
I don't have one. You mocked two posters over their opinions. Both of which think Barkley is great.

Reactions: 91Joe95
I've been going to Penn State games for 23 years, and Saquon Barkley is hands down the best player I've seen play for us.

Reactions: Meteor-Lion
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT