ADVERTISEMENT

Former Penn State QB Steven Bench arrested for felony burglary

Lion8286

Sep 1, 2008
Former Bulls quarterback Steven Bench, who made three starts in as many seasons at USF, was arrested in Tampa early Monday morning on burglary and criminal mischief charges.

Bench, who turns 23 next week, was arrested shortly after 3:30 a.m. at Prestige Car Wash & Lube at 2306 Kennedy Blvd. W. An arrest affidavit indicates Bench used force to enter the business, activating an alarm. He then used an object to shatter out the front glass window in order to exit.

He later admitted to an arresting office to breaking into the business, but wouldn't or couldn't explain why, according to the affidavit.

He was arrested on one felony count of burglary of an unoccupied dwelling, and a misdemeanor count of criminal mischief. He remains in jail on an $8,000 bond, according to Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office records.

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/former-usf-quarterback-steven-bench-arrested/2325482

He was only at PSU one year (2012), no? That was 5 years ago, which is pretty long ago at this point in his life.
Unfortunately ARob dropped Bench's beautifully thrown potential TD pass on the last play of the first half at UVA otherwise it might not have come down to Ficken's kickin.

Bench was only in for one series due to a minor Hackenberg injury.

Unfortunately ARob dropped Bench's beautifully thrown potential TD pass on the last play of the first half at UVA otherwise it might not have come down to Ficken's kickin.

umm....hackenberg was still in high school

Didn't OB send him packing after a year? I recall he was sort of shown the door...

I'm glad someone else remembers this. It's was early in the season and Mcglion was horrible. Bench also had a decent run on that drive. Had Robinson caught that pass Bench may have finished the game, and who knows after that. Funny how one play can make or break a career.
I've followed him ever since his transfer and occasionally chatted with him. I'm really surprised by this news.

There's usually only one reason people you least expect start committing these types of crimes. Hope he gets it together...seemed like a decent guy.

Who else robs a carwash? Call a spade a spade.
I asked if it was confirmed. Your answer should have been yes, no or you don't know. Yeah, robberies these days almost always point to a desperate need of cash for drugs. Your perception of the obvious is phenomenal, yet I think it's best to know if the perception is true.:)

I am in law enforcement. This is a typical drug crime. Who else else robs a damn car wash? I don't need it confirmed. The article says he wouldn't give motive. What are you expecting? He'll plead no contest and/or guilty and never give it. Be rational.

Reactions: TheGLOV
I am in law enforcement. This is a typical drug crime. Who else else robs a damn car wash? I don't need it confirmed. The article says he wouldn't give motive. What are you expecting? He'll plead no contest and/or guilty and never give it. Be rational.
Jaysus.

Has that been confirmed? It is the first thing that comes to mind. It's a shame whatever it was that drove him or anyone to do this.

Jesus Christ (with apologies to HIM)!!

No. The whole thing was a lie.

What an a$$ you are.

Why don't you get a copy of the arrest report and possibly the mug shot and confirm it for yourself.

Ass!

Last edited:
It does sound like a drug crime...quick grab for cash to buy dope. He seemed like a good kid but as others have stated...that was over 5 years ago.

I read that he broke in because he believed hat the owners were hiding millions of dollars of meth dealing cash inside.

Unfortunately St. BOB gave Dey 20 carries for 40 yds while Zwinak was sitting on the bench.

Reactions: TheGLOV
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT