ADVERTISEMENT

Football Former Penn State safety King Macks commits to SEC power

Lots of talk it wasn't his decision. Family pressure to take more $$$.
Yeah, I can see this unfolding. Family pressure to get more bucks. Suddenly he's a bigger hero to his immediate family, cousins, and friends. Why not? He's a cash cow now and friend to all. He'll have a lot of new hangers-on.

I hope I'm wrong and instead banks as much of the NIL as he can and furthers his education. Unfortunately, a lot of kids who have never had money don't know how to handle it. I hope he realizes he is only 1 major injury from no pro career and no 💰.

Yeah, I can see this unfolding. Family pressure to get more bucks. Suddenly he's a bigger hero to his immediate family, cousins, and friends. Why not? He's a cash cow now and friend to all. He'll have a lot of new hangers-on.

I hope I'm wrong and instead banks as much of the NIL as he can and furthers his education. Unfortunately, a lot of kids who have never had money don't know how to handle it. I hope he realizes he is only 1 major injury from no pro career and no 💰.
All the more reason to take everything you can get while you play the game. Pandora's Box has been opened. The kids didn’t do this. They are just playing the system as it currently exists.

Reactions: voltz99
Yeah we mentioned this on the premium side when he entered, this was 100% NIL driven.
Heard euphemisms like, "this couldn't have been a football decision. " Also, opportunity means $." So someone did his math for him and calculated the NIL difference as well as the difference between projected 250 snaps at PSU as opposed to more at BAMA...and how that may convert to NFL dollars a year earlier. Fans need to know that players and family members are assessing their "value" on a regular basis. Shopping. Its an impossible for a coaching staff to keep up. If this isn't fixed in a year or two, by agreement or legislation the future is very bleak.

I think at this point he’s more than one major injury from no pro career…he’s the skill level away from no pro career. He needs to get better before he worries about NFL money.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT