ADVERTISEMENT

Football Former Penn State WR KeAndre Lambert-Smith commits to Auburn

Auburn are you joking? Clearly isn't smart. Couldn't have chosen a worse team. QB is horrendous, OL is just as bad. Woof!

Hugh Freeze recruited and coached AJ Brown, DK Metcalf, and Evan Engram at Ole Miss. The dude knows WRs. So in that sense, it's a pretty easy sales pitch and not hard to see why Auburn would be attractive to a WR......even if their QB play isn't settled.

For his sake, I hope he turns it around with a fresh start. But honestly, this looks to be a bad fit IMO. There were only 3 offenses worse than Auburn in the SEC last year and their passing game was dead last at 162 yds per game.

For his sake, I hope he turns it around with a fresh start. But honestly, this looks to be a bad fit IMO. There were only 3 offenses worse than Auburn in the SEC last year and their passing game was dead last at 162 yds per game.

I think that's why they fired their coach and hired Hugh Freeze.

Yes. And these aren't one year repair jobs. First year is going to be the worst.

With the portal it definitely can be. He brought in a QB (Thorne, ex Sparty kid) that had a decent history of throwing the football. Kid had thrown for 3200 and 2600 yards the 2 seasons prior.

Freeze had run first offenses at Liberty and it seemed that is what he tried at Auburn. Maybe his WRs stunk, maybe the OL couldn't pass block.

My take is KLS probably picked Auburn because they need a #1 WR and likely threw a big bag.

I don't think it's a bad take to bring up their 162 ypg passing either. They were a run first team that was essentially scared to throw against anybody with a pulse.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT