ADVERTISEMENT

Former tOSU commit Isaiah White transferring to Nebraska

Lion8286

Sep 1, 2008
After originally making a verbal commitment to Ohio State, multiple time Illinois state champion Isaiah White ended up at Notre Dame College this year where he had a stellar season capped off with a Division II NCAA title.

Now, he will be on the move to the Division I level, but it won't be the Buckeyes. White is headed to Nebraska. Coming out of high school, he was the 10th ranked recruit on the Class of 2016 Big Board, and the No. 1 ranked wrestler at 152.

http://www.flowrestling.org/article...fers-from-notre-dame-to-nebraska#.WS8uoja1vL8

Totally makes sense, imo. With Kemerer and Marinelli at 157 and 165, why exactly would Iowa want/need him? Doesn't make sense for White, either. I know PSU has guys coming in and doing it (coming in where there are not open spots), but I still think that's the exception rather than the rule.

Totally makes sense, imo. With Kemerer and Marinelli at 157 and 165, why exactly would Iowa want/need him? Doesn't make sense for White, either. I know PSU has guys coming in and doing it (coming in where there are not open spots), but I still think that's the exception rather than the rule.

Doesn't have to make sense for the HR crowd to endorse it. Going from memory (imperfect), but the most common scenario I recall was White taking a RS year, then slotting in at 157 or 165, with Kemerer moving down to 149 and Marinelli occupying the vacant 157/165 slot. Another scenario had Sorensen down at 141, Kemerer at 149, and White/Maranelli again at 157/165, though I don't think the poster was really serious about that lineup.

It was kinda weird over on HR. The fans there have been waiting on Marinelli to hit the lineup and was a huge get for them yet some of them seemed like it was no big deal to see him sit. Just didn't make sense to me.

Joseph came in off his redshirt and beat IMAR. If Alex is as good as they have advertised for the past year then he should easily beat both Joseph and IMAR. Hell, the way they've been talking, Alex should beat them both at the same time.

You can be bummed, but you shouldn't be surprised, right? There has been chatter/rumors off and on for months that White was unlikely to ever attend tOSU.
Not really surprised, I guess the fan in me didn't want to believe the rumors were true but a former member of tOSU team posted on the 247 board that the coaches stopped pursuing White some time ago

does that mean sometime after it was apparent he wasn't coming ;)?
lol I don't think that was ever the case, Isiah white always wanted to be a Buckeye dating back to his early years in HS. I wouldn't be surprised if he felt burnt by this and TBH with you I think this will come back to bite Ohio state in some capacity in the future

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT