ADVERTISEMENT

Franklin is good on TV. wanny is a clown.

BobPSU92

May 6, 2015
Franklin has good camera presence and gives a solid analysis. wanny is a clown.

Franklin has good camera presence and gives a solid analysis. wanny is a clown.

Wanny has always been bad even before today. He's a terrible, terrible broadcaster and has been since he started. Just not good.

Wanny is the worst game-day coach in recent Pitt history. Franklin is the worst game-day coach in recent PSU history.

They deserve each other.[

Franklin took a sanctioned riddled team with no OLine and went 7-5...hard to justify calling him the worst game day coach in recent PSU history.

I disagree. I always liked Dave a lot. It it legit to say he might not be a great head coach. He did pretty well at Pitt, a hell of a lot better than the comedy show that followed him. Pitt might have gotten a good one in Narduzzi, time will tell. Good start.

I disagree. I always liked Dave a lot. It it legit to say he might not be a great head coach. He did pretty well at Pitt, a hell of a lot better than the comedy show that followed him. Pitt might have gotten a good one in Narduzzi, time will tell. Good start.

It's all fine and dandy that Wanny succeeded in some way, that's all cool. Now PSU seeks to apparently place our coaches in untenable positions on national TV, so although I have nothing against Wannstedt, I question PSU's motivation. It would be hard to argue that they didn't calculate this faux-TV jokery. Franklin came out looking poor but he can shoot for having his name on an ice cream parlor some day.

Wanny is the worst game-day coach in recent Pitt history. Franklin is the worst game-day coach in recent PSU history.

They deserve each other.
Wanny has the IQ of a refrigerator......but at least it is one of those "frost-free" ones.

They deserve each other.
Well pitt sure has more choices to pick from , he did build the "WALL". How is that working out?

They deserve each other.

Considering one of our recent coaches is the greatest coach in the history of CFB. The other two recent coaches faced unjust sanctions and never had a losing season. CJF has actually improved his record against he worst of the unjust sanctions.

How can you be certain that Narduzzi isn't a bad gameday coach? He hasn't proven anything yet because of the easy schedule. But he is a lunatic on the sidelines, he yells at the refs non-stop, his team has a dance-off at the beginning of the 4th quarter. It's embarrassing.

I actually find Wannstedt entertaining. He takes shots at everyone. He constantly took on air shots at Pitt's old athletic director. It's part of his schtick. If Franklin made an error it was in letting Wannstedt's schtick get to him. He should have just thrown it in his face that he has a coaching job.

Maybe I'm reading into it but just felt some friction at end with Franklin and MSU Coach....

That's a hard thing to do... Have 1 Coach from the same Conference AND Division interview a competing Coach... A rival...

It's all fine and dandy that Wanny succeeded in some way, that's all cool. Now PSU seeks to apparently place our coaches in untenable positions on national TV, so although I have nothing against Wannstedt, I question PSU's motivation. It would be hard to argue that they didn't calculate this faux-TV jokery. Franklin came out looking poor but he can shoot for having his name on an ice cream parlor some day.
WTF????

I didn't get that post at all. I'm sure it was as much or more Franklin's decision to appear on TV as it was Penn State's, and I don't think Franklin came off poorly at all. He did well considering he is not a trained TV guy. wanny pushed the Penn State loss to msu too far because he's a pitter and probably is desperate for the "rivalry", but I think Franklin handled himself very well. As always, Penn State rose above pitt.

Hey, I just assumed that when PSU people sign up to be doormats and foils, we name ice cream parlors after them. I didn't think Franklin came off well, I think it was a WWE-style setup and we got clowned by Wanny. Just my opinion, of course.

Hey, I just assumed that when PSU people sign up to be doormats and foils, we name ice cream parlors after them. I didn't think Franklin came off well, I think it was a WWE-style setup and we got clowned by Wanny. Just my opinion, of course.

You are just relentlessly negative.

Maybe I'm reading into it but just felt some friction at end with Franklin and MSU Coach....

That's a hard thing to do... Have 1 Coach from the same Conference AND Division interview a competing Coach... A rival...
Didn't stay up to watch it...details please.

Considering one of our recent coaches is the greatest coach in the history of CFB. The other two recent coaches faced unjust sanctions and never had a losing season. CJF has actually improved his record against he worst of the unjust sanctions.

How can you be certain that Narduzzi isn't a bad gameday coach? He hasn't proven anything yet because of the easy schedule. But he is a lunatic on the sidelines, he yells at the refs non-stop, his team has a dance-off at the beginning of the 4th quarter. It's embarrassing.
Your recent coach won the most games. Who was the greatest coach in the history of CFB is subject to debate. There are other coaches that were more successful in their accomplishments.

Your recent coach won the most games. Who was the greatest coach in the history of CFB is subject to debate. There are other coaches that were more successful in their accomplishments.

409 is pretty hard to debate.

409 is pretty hard to debate.
Not debating 409, I said he won the most games.

That doesn't mean he was the "greatest coach in the history of CFB". There is more that goes in to that besides the number of games won. He was a bit light on the number of NCs won. Similar to Bowden who had what 15 consecutive top 5 rankings but only 2 nattys to show for it.

Not debating 409, I said he won the most games.
. There is more that goes in to that besides the number of games won. He was a bit light on the number of NCs won. Similar to Bowden who had what 15 consecutive top 5 rankings but only 2 nattys to show for it.

Exactly! Try winning, graduating student athletes, playing by the rules and being perhaps the most ethical coach in the country, all at the same time. That is what separated JP from all the rest.

They deserve each other.

Hey, I wish you guys luck when you play your last regular season game at Navy ;-)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT