ADVERTISEMENT

So Michigan and O$U got 5 portal starters each....

Psubiomed

Jul 25, 2021
...and Franklin got a possession receiver, two backup corners, and a backup tackle.

And you people wonder why he can't beat them, year after year after year.

Go ahead and blame NIL again for the 4th straight year 😂

But hey, Fleming is a good blocker, and Rucci came home to back up a freshman lol

Last edited:
And then there's this from Nate Bauer, who has seen practices so far: "wide receivers dropping passes all over the field all day every day"

• Angry
Reactions: psu00
...and Franklin got a possession receiver, two backup corners, and a backup tackle.

But hey, Fleming is a good blocker, and Rucci came home to back up a freshman lol
Fleming was a good pickup. Ohio State and Michigan lost a lot too

Harris has been impressive at PSU so far and the former 5 star looks like he will be a multi year starter for us.

Harris has been impressive at PSU so far and the former 5 star looks like he will be a multi year starter for us.
Believe it when I see it. Batting averages on portal guys here is sub .500. For every Johnnie Dixon we get a fat kid from Stanford and a guy who cant read a playbook.

Reactions: creamery
Believe it when I see it. Batting averages on portal guys here is sub .500. For every Johnnie Dixon we get a fat kid from Stanford and a guy who cant read a playbook.
So do you think that the batting average for portal players at Michigan and OSU is a .1000? Who knows how their portal players will perform. What will happen there is probably what happens at almost every school with portal players: some will excel and some will disappoint. After all, most portal players are portal players for a reason.

Chop Robinson, Johnny Dixon, Hunter Nourzad

Reactions: LMTLION
And then there's this from Nate Bauer, who has seen practices so far: "wide receivers dropping passes all over the field all day every day"
The media has not been allowed to view practice all day, every day so that is false.

I did hear him say he witnessed some drops during the window he was allowed to view.

What did OSU win? How about Colorado?

Reactions: psuno1
Franklin should be catching those!

Or maybe just finding receivers who can/ will catch them? (If true- I see there’s some debate as to how much practice time has actually been witnessed).

Yet last week on The Fan, a PSU footbal writer was on a show talking about PSU draft prospects, and he mentioned Nourzad as a probable draft pick.
I would take a Nourzad in the portal every year. He was a solid multiple year starter.

Reactions: LMTLION
Well, the Penn State game. For the last seven years.
Actually it's seven but who the hell is counting. Just keep on getting 1 guy worth a damn per year in the portal while the other guys get five. Keep on settling for good when the other two guys replace them with great. Keep doing what you're doing and expect a different result.

I would take a Nourzad in the portal every year. He was a solid multiple year starter.
See, Michigan and Ohio State don't play that, homie. They go out and get better than Nourzad in the portal.

That's why they own Franklin.

Well, the Penn State game. For the last seven years.

Did OSU make the playoffs? Isn't that what you are always crying about?

Did OSU beat Michigan? Psu did not finish top 10 so that win is irrelevant in your book.

How did Colorado do?

Reactions: bison13
Actually it's seven but who the hell is counting. Just keep on getting 1 guy worth a damn per year in the portal while the other guys get five. Keep on settling for good when the other two guys replace them with great. Keep doing what you're doing and expect a different result.
You...incorrectly

• Haha
Reactions: Phil's Rug

In all seriousness, do people enjoy rooting for a bunch of hired guns? It's one thing to supplement your roster with a couple of transfers, quite another to base your program on it.
Call me crazy, but I like people that actually go to school, mature at their school. I have almost zero interest in 1 year rentals.

All big 10 honorable mention. But let’s not let facts muddy the argument.
LOL...that isn't the flex you think it is for a multi-year starter. And, as someone mentioned earlier, they heard an analyst say Hunter might be a possible draft pick. Again, considering the large list of OL players (many of which are high-stars) that Phil has recruited and coached, having Hunter win that job isn't exactly a positive.

Over 1000 players in the portal. IF we all pick up 5 will we all win or will their still be only one champ?

PS. If a team does a better job recruiting high school players wont they need less players in the portal?

LOL...that isn't the flex you think it is for a multi-year starter. And, as someone mentioned earlier, they heard an analyst say Hunter might be a possible draft pick. Again, considering the large list of OL players (many of which are high-stars) that Phil has recruited and coached, having Hunter win that job isn't exactly a positive.
The poster indicated that he sucked and was a turnstile. The Conference award indicates otherwise. Case closed.

Reactions: GregInPitt
See, Michigan and Ohio State don't play that, homie. They go out and get better than Nourzad in the portal.

That's why they own Franklin.

Yet one of them still lost to the other. Go figure.

Which one is your team? You are not a PSU fan. Franklin is in your head or you would not be here.

The poster indicated that he sucked and was a turnstile. The Conference award indicates otherwise. Case closed.
He didn't suck and wasn't terrible. He was fine...not great, not bad. Case closed.

And then there's this from Nate Bauer, who has seen practices so far: "wide receivers dropping passes all over the field all day every day

Nate Bauer comes to us from the Dave Jones, Bob Flounders, Cory Giger, school of negative Penn State reporting. He's young and has a lot to learn, but he's coming up fast!

• Haha
Reactions: Ian and step.eng69
IIRC Chop was a portal guy. Also Tinsley, Nourzad, and Ebiketie.

We'll have to see how Alonzo Ford does or if McClain improves. Last year's punter Thompson was a portal transfer.

Reactions: NJPSU
Did OSU make the playoffs? Isn't that what you are always crying about?

Did OSU beat Michigan? Psu did not finish top 10 so that win is irrelevant in your book.

How did Colorado do?
The thing with OSU is that even in the years they don't make the Playoff or win the conference, they have a season that's considered a huge success for 95% of the other schools. I believe they've finished with 1 or 2 losses the last 3 years - could be wrong - and they consider those years huge failures.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT