ADVERTISEMENT

Franklin to Florida (here we go)

No but maybe he will honor his contract and not essentially blackmail the university into giving him more dollars and years. He signed a contract, he should honor it.
And there’s no evidence he didn’t honor his contract, just a lot of noise on a message board. Just like this “story”…there’s nothing linking Franklin to the Florida job except a writer looking for clicks, but by all means, everyone should believe everything they read.

And there’s no evidence he didn’t honor his contract, just a lot of noise on a message board. Just like this “story”…there’s nothing linking Franklin to the Florida job except a writer looking for clicks, but by all means, everyone should believe everything they read.
Franklin also has the right to use other interest to get a better deal--whether that is more money for him or for recruiting or his staff or whatever he wants.

Not yet this time but we have seen this act before. I don't want to see it again.

Based on what evidence?

Based on what he did at Temple, Baylor and now Nebraska.... He made all of these teams substantially better the moment he walked in. UNL is a single OT loss from probably being an undefeated top-10 ranked team (a game in which the kicker missed a 40 yard FG with just over 2 minutes remaining that would have won game).

Last edited:
Based on what he did at Temple, Baylor and now Nebraska.... He made all of these teams substantially better the moment he walked in. UNL is a single OT loss from probably being an undefeated top-10 ranked team (a game in which the kicker missed a 40 yard FG with just over 2 minutes remaining that would have won game).
0 top 10 wins for his career. Barely a .500 coach.

Maybe rhule should go to Florida.

Not yet this time but we have seen this act before. I don't want to see it again.
No we haven’t….we’ve read a lot of writers throwing out his name, but nothing ever came from any of the stories. All these years and Franklin getting linked to every job opening in the country, yet he’s still here and still being accused of not being loyal…maybe at some point some in our fan base will get smarter.

Reactions: wilbury
No we haven’t….we’ve read a lot of writers throwing out his name, but nothing ever came from any of the stories. All these years and Franklin getting linked to every job opening in the country, yet he’s still here and still being accused of not being loyal…maybe at some point some in our fan base will get smarter.
Didn't Franklin get his contract renegotiated or am I remembering that wrong? That's possible but I do seem to recall him getting a renegotiated 10 year deal a couple of years ago. That was done with all the rumors flying around. If PSU bowed to those rumors they shouldn't have. I'm not saying he hasn't done a decent job, not great, but decent. I like him more than BoB. At least Franklin acts like he wants to be at PSU. I also think he's paid just fine and if he says he wants more he should be held to the generous contract he signed. If that's not good enough he can leave.

Didn't Franklin get his contract renegotiated or am I remembering that wrong? That's possible but I do seem to recall him getting a renegotiated 10 year deal a couple of years ago. That was done with all the rumors flying around. If PSU bowed to those rumors they shouldn't have. I'm not saying he hasn't done a decent job, not great, but decent. I like him more than BoB. At least Franklin acts like he wants to be at PSU. I also think he's paid just fine and if he says he wants more he should be held to the generous contract he signed. If that's not good enough he can leave.
None of us know what led to the renegotiated contract, just speculation on a message board. And he’s not even paid in the top 10, yet the expectation for him is to finish in the top half of the top 10. So based on what he’s being paid, he’s doing more than a decent job.

Reactions: wilbury
I guess the one positive about Franklin annually losing the big games is that this conjecture about new jobs dies as we get towards the end of the season. I'm sorry, Franklin is a good coach and I'm happy to have him here, but until he wins big games, would other blue bloods really break the bank for him?

None of us know what led to the renegotiated contract, just speculation on a message board. And he’s not even paid in the top 10, yet the expectation for him is to finish in the top half of the top 10. So based on what he’s being paid, he’s doing more than a decent job.

Yep, no doubt - CJF has been loyal and genuine from day one. He said he took the PSU job (leaving a situation where he was beloved and was close with the AD - including a counter-offer that matched PSU's offer) because PSU was his "dream job" and his favorite team from the time he was a little boy growing up in Eastern PA. The guy has been positive and a role-model - articulate, genuine, principled.... etc..., couldn't ask someone to represent the Program and PSU in a better fashion, but you still have losers attacking him and ascribing things to him they have zero proof of, not a shred of evidence - go figure. Some people just hate to see a good person succeed "the right way" - bitter classless a-holes or trolls typically.

Yep, no doubt - CJF has been loyal and genuine from day one. He said he took the PSU job (leaving a situation where he was beloved and was close with the AD - including a counter-offer that matched PSU's offer) because PSU was his "dream job" and his favorite team from the time he was a little boy growing up in Eastern PA. The guy has been positive and a role-model - articulate, genuine, principled.... etc..., couldn't ask someone to represent the Program and PSU in a better fashion, but you still have losers attacking him and ascribing things to him they have zero proof of, not a shred of evidence - go figure. Some people just hate to see a good person succeed "the right way" - bitter classless a-holes or trolls typically.
This is a results business not what kind of coach would you want to marry your daughter. Yes, he is a good role model for the university. That is important but it is also important to beat Ohio State more than once a decade and win other big games.

This is a results business not what kind of coach would you want to marry your daughter. Yes, he is a good role model for the university. That is important but it is also important to beat Ohio State more than once a decade and win other big games.
I’m not so sure that it is important at least to the people making the decisions. I’m quite sure many AD’s and presidents would take 10-2 every year regardless of who those losses were against.

Important to you maybe. Doesn't seem so important to those making the decisions.

There are only a handful of coaches in the nation that are more capable than Franklin. I don’t see them coming to PSU at this point. 1/3 of our fanbase would give the program to Schiano or Rhule because they’re good ole PSU boys but unfortunately they would get a maximum of seven or eight wins every year as they are merely average to slightly above average coaches. 1/3 of our base would give the program to Urban Meyer despite all of the character issues that are unbecoming of a PSU head coach, but they’ll take the natty that would 100% come with Urban at PSU. And 1/3 of our fan base are content with Franklin leading the program with class that reminds us of Paterno in that regard, but not (yet?) quite in the top 5 programs. 99% of college football would love to be in our predicament while many of us may feel we are in purgatory. I personally think we’re very very fortunate to be where we are today considering what happened in 2011.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT