ADVERTISEMENT

Fun times tonight

ChiTownLion

May 29, 2001
So fun tonight.

Had a great time, last call cleared everyone out. I saw a purse and cell phone on a table and thought I knew who they belonged to.

There was a group of Americanized Islamic guys and girls from Middle Eastern wealth. Obviously not total traditionalists as they were out late and drinking booze. At one point in our interactions, one of them dumped a whole shitload of tequila from his strange boot mug into my tall glass as a form of appreciation. Another one of them spent 15 minutes trying to convince me to visit them in LA and even called me to make sure we had each other's contact info.

Ok, great.

Then they go on to explain how 2 of their very attractive girlfriends had birthdays today and one of the guys tomorrow. Exchanged all kinds of fist bumps, overly firm handshakes which I attributed to cocaine, invitations to dance with the ladies, phone numbers, invitations to join them tomorrow, etc...

When I found the girl and delivered her cell phone and wallet, she was overjoyed... but her boyfriend runs up to me, puts his hand around my neck, pushes me up against the wall and says, "I don't normally like white people, but for tonight I will make an exception for you."

I was bigger than him but he was totally crazy, likely on cocaine, and surrounded by the support of a bunch of his friends whereas I was flying solo.

I said, "what does that mean to you?"

Then he starts openly debating with himself whether to **** me up or let me go.

The girls are begging him to let me go and the guys are watching. He reluctantly lets me go. I walk off, jump in a ride with a few others, people are dropped off, then our route takes us back by the bar. By that point in time, this asshole's shirt is off and he's challenging people to fight him (with the support of his friends). I told the driver to let them all in the car as this could be an epic story, but he decided to pass for obvious reasons.

Anyway, these dudes were bad news. Made me realize there's a lot of people in the world who hate white Americans and would take great pride in in bashing their skulls in (unless returning a freaking purse and cell phone).

I used to think America was great because we hosted all kinds of different people from different places but we're all somehow unified by the same version of American freedom.

But if you look at Europe, the most diverse nations are having the biggest problems with race relations. Makes me wonder if it's really wise to be importing all these unvetted guys from Afghanistan and other religiously hostile nations. Whoever is here is here, but why roll out the red carpet for people who hate hard-working Americans like you and me?

Or should I just chalk this up an an "isolated incident" with Islam? Not making any conclusions, but wondering if this is the best way. Poland, for example, is going out of its way to remain homogeneous. Regardless, these dudes tonight are treating our country and people like target practice. Not cool, if you ask me, and it certainly doesn't inspire me to endorse ope unf the borders for such people.

Reactions: psuted and WeR0206
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News