ADVERTISEMENT

FWIW: My brief thoughts on Nova win and looking forward

Jerademan

Gold Member
Oct 7, 2019
1. it wasn't pretty, but we easily won. Final score not indicative of how our first team D shut down Villanova.
2. Clifford is very comfortable now and is a hot QB.
3. I loved how Yurcich went after Cliff when he made a bad choice on 3rd down and Cliff came right back and threw for a TD next series.
4. If we continue going 1-0 through most or the entire season, we might start seeing Heisman talk for Clifford and Brisker!
5. Yes, our OL wasn't pushing Nova's (or anyones) DL back which is a problem for the run game, but not necessarily an unsurmountable obstacle for Yircich's future game plans.
6. Our first team D might is approaching the Elite status of Alabama or UGA, but must improve each week!
7. If we keep winning, we will have several more prime-time national TV appearances against IN, Iowa, OSU, Michigan and Michigan State.
8. Maryland (Togaviolia) still concerns me, and we no longer have any easy games left to play. The entire B1G East is going to all be very tough games.
9. It's still difficult to tell how good our team is right now after Auburn and Wisconsin's results yesterday. Our next 2 games, and especially Iowa are going to prove a lot more.
10. I believe we are a very good team, and probably worthy of the #4 ranking we received from the AP voters, but we can not let up and need to continuously prove our power rankings now that there is very little room left to climb!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.