ADVERTISEMENT

Gable Steveson highlights at the Clash

No like Big Snacks Nevills a lot...Just wondered where this young man is going ?

I agree Spyker, no he hasn't decided yet either like Big Snacks. Hopefully rumors of Big Snacks wanting to block people in college are false

Man I hope we get this kid...any way Nevills can go 97? What's his actual weight? Gabe will be a 4-timer...

Man I hope we get this kid...any way Nevills can go 97? What's his actual weight? Gabe will be a 4-timer...
Gotta admit Gabe is a freakin STUD...Best friends with Hall....So is that true that the young Nevills is playing football in college ? Hope not too....

Seth is big - probably about 260...he'll be a great get if he goes the wrestling route! If not, I sure hope we're in on Gable - kid is a beast!

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
Have Seth and Gabe wrestled? Seth wants to play football correct? If so, all in for Gabe...

Steveson wrestled 220 last year and during part of the offseason, so he's on the smaller side of HWT this year.

Snacks is listed at 276 on the football team roster. If he chooses to wrestle in college, he will be very near the 285 limit his entire career.

Reactions: diggerpup
Steveson wrestled 220 last year and during part of the offseason, so he's on the smaller side of HWT this year.

Snacks is listed at 276 on the football team roster. If he chooses to wrestle in college, he will be very near the 285 limit his entire career.
Wow...Hope he wrestles cause i hear he is the best out of the brothers....May be a 4 timer....

Isn't the youngest one always said to be the best yet? Sorta always how it seems, much like the backup qb or next recruit?

I was just thinking about this the other day about football players. Little Manning and Little Bledsoe never turned out to be better than big brother as was hyped. Not saying it's true regarding the Nevills, but I do always take the "little brother is even better than big brother" claims with a grain of salt.

If Steveson has PSU interest, I think Cael and staff will be pursuing him hard regardless of the plans of any other heavyweight recruit. He's head and shoulders above the rest of the high school 285 pounders IMO. Plus, his friendships with Hall and RBY can't exactly hurt.

ISU is the logical choice- He is named Gable, so ISU is where he should wrestle. He can win his 4 titles, chase some World and Olympic medals for a few years, and then go take over the Iowa program that hasn't won a title in about 15 years by that point and get himself a statue right next to the the 2/nd best Cyclone wrestler ever.

Reactions: lionlover and buf87
Gotta believe given the relationships between PSU and the Neville family that there have already been frank conversations between Cael and Seth about his future and PSU's needs. I don't expect anything that happens during HWT recruiting will be a surprise to either side.

Gotta believe given the relationships between PSU and the Neville family that there have already been frank conversations between Cael and Seth about his future and PSU's needs. I don't expect anything that happens during HWT recruiting will be a surprise to either side.
Excellent point and I agree 100%. From what I've read Nevills prefers to play football. That may be dependent on what offers he gets. I'm not sure just how good he is. None the less, I'm willing to go out on a limb and say that Nevills will commit to PSU "if" he doesn't get the offer he's looking for in football. If he does go the football route I'm sure Gabe is PSU's. No doubt there's been conversations about this scenario. Just my opinion. could be completely wrong...I recall Gave tweeting something to the tune of "wonder will I will end up" after someone committed to PSU, can't remember who...maybe I'm crazy but I bet the conversations have been going on that long.

Reactions: diggerpup
Excellent point and I agree 100%. From what I've read Nevills prefers to play football. That may be dependent on what offers he gets. I'm not sure just how good he is. None the less, I'm willing to go out on a limb and say that Nevills will commit to PSU "if" he doesn't get the offer he's looking for in football. If he does go the football route I'm sure Gabe is PSU's. No doubt there's been conversations about this scenario. Just my opinion. could be completely wrong...I recall Gave tweeting something to the tune of "wonder will I will end up" after someone committed to PSU, can't remember who...maybe I'm crazy but I bet the conversations have been going on that long.
It was when RBY committed.

I wouldn't read anything into that. His tweeting is generally somewhere between playful and attention seeking. Once upon a time, he had tweeted that he + Teasdale were a package deal. Then he tweeted that he + RBY were a package deal. Obviously neither proved true. The tweet you're referencing was a play on that concept -- I'm no longer a package deal with those guys, wonder where I'll end up.

There's a Hwt from Solanco that disagrees. But, I agree with you to be honest regarding the family relationship here.

There's a Hwt from Solanco that disagrees. But, I agree with you to be honest regarding the family relationship here.

I've brought this up too as the "recruiting two top level HWTs" thing does have a precedent here, but as you stated - the fact that this time around there's 2 brothers of one of those recruits already on the team definitely changes things!

Reactions: jschrantz
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT