ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball GAME THREAD: Penn State vs. Texas in round two of the 2023 NCAA Tournament

That's basketball.
yeah i mean Texas also shot like 8% from 3 which kept us in it. you can nitpick who missed a shot or had a turnover but we were fortunate that Texas was not hitting 3s otherwise it would not have been within 10

if texas shoots better than that from here on out i have a hard time believing they won't be in the final 4

yeah i mean Texas also shot like 8% from 3 which kept us in it. you can nitpick who missed a shot or had a turnover but we were fortunate that Texas was not hitting 3s otherwise it would not have been within 10

if texas shoots better than that from here on out i have a hard time believing they won't be in the final 4
The problem though, was that Texas was getting ridiculously easy shots around the basket making up for their dismal 3-point shooting. PSU basically had no inside defense

Texas coach look like Gustavo Fring's twin bro with totally different demeanor. Not reserved and slow burning at all- he was up in his athooletic stance and high-steppin out there.
Loved the specs...I kept thinking "where have I seen this guy before?" L9 gtime coach...figured maybe during huddles or bench shots....then faster than you can say "Breaking Bad" ...the light went off in my head while he was sitting behind our bench scouting us TH night

Great story...wish him well

starting to wonder if there is some chance that Lundy will come back. the last mock draft i saw had him as the last pick in the 2nd round. With Pickett moving on maybe Lundy will figure that he can be showcased more next year. we will see, but that would really change the equation for next season

Reactions: The Spin Meister
starting to wonder if there is some chance that Lundy will come back. the last mock draft i saw had him as the last pick in the 2nd round. With Pickett moving on maybe Lundy will figure that he can be showcased more next year. we will see, but that would really change the equation for next season
This is where I think NIL comes in to play. Hopefully he can get enough through that to keep him here.

i basically agree with how they handled Disu. it almost worked. if he had missed like one shot we might have won the game

more important than the outcome of this game is locking Shrewsberry into a better contract and fast. now is the time to capitalize on this run and get out and recruit for both the '24 class and the transfer portal
And if they would have called the travel where he cut the lead from 3 to 1 and gave us the ball back, who knows. That was a blatant travel and I’m not sure how three refs missed it.

Reactions: PSUfiji
And if they would have called the travel where he cut the lead from 3 to 1 and gave us the ball back, who knows. That was a blatant travel and I’m not sure how three refs missed it.
was that the one where he tucked the ball under his arm and made a layup? i couldn't believe it there were definitely three steps there

I seriously doubt he comes back…I hope he does, but I doubt it.

was that the one where he tucked the ball under his arm and made a layup? i couldn't believe it there were definitely three steps there
No, it was when it was 58-55 and he went to the basket, jumped like he was going to make a layup, changed his mind and landed left foot, right foot, then shot. That’s three steps using any math you want.

This is where I think NIL comes in to play. Hopefully he can get enough through that to keep him here.
gotta admit i don't understand how NIL works. if a company wants to sign a guy for advertising reasons, why does it make a difference which school he is at? also how does a company make returns on the investment of advertising in this way? i don't understand it. are the NIL companies just a front for booster money?

No, it was when it was 58-55 and he went to the basket, jumped like he was going to make a layup, changed his mind and landed left foot, right foot, then shot. That’s three steps using any math you want.
yeah definitely. just rewatched it. missed that in real time. there was another layup that i thought was an obvious travel, may not have been Disu

gotta admit i don't understand how NIL works. if a company wants to sign a guy for advertising reasons, why does it make a difference which school he is at? also how does a company make returns on the investment of advertising in this way? i don't understand it. are the NIL companies just a front for booster money?
Thank you! I thought I was the only one who didn't understand the basics of this NIL stuff.

A lot of NIL sponsors are local businesses like car dealers or restaurants. And even national or international corporations advertise locally. And if they sponsor some college kid that turns into a NFL super star ….. even better to have a prior relationship.

Advertisers count ‘eyeballs’ to measure effectiveness. When a stadium is named Fairfaxlipn Stadium for the Eagles, every story about every game played there names the stadium giving Fairfaxlion a lot of eyeballs nationwide. And they have historical data showing what percentage of eyeball hits their bottom line.

And some do it just for ego and access. Some do it as loyalty to their school. Some do it to buy favor with top administration types which may have a financial return.

yeah definitely. just rewatched it. missed that in real time. there was another layup that i thought was an obvious travel, may not have been Disu
I remember the one you’re talking about….it was the guard and he tucked it like he was a running back trying to score from the two yard line.

yeah that's the one! i cannot fathom how that was only 2 steps
I’m watching K State and Kentucky right now…in two of the last three plays by KState they travelled. The “Euro step” has basically removed the travel…refs don’t understand what it is, so they allow pretty much everything under the umbrella of the euro step.

• Wow

Disu was like 10-12 from the field and literally did not miss in the last 5 minutes. They figured out they were ice cold from 3 and just dumped it to him because he couldn't miss. That was the difference plain and simple.

Reactions: PSUfiji and bdgan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT